Marvel Heroes 20xx

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I wish they'd lower the requirements to level up the crafter. I pick up basically anything green+ and donate 99% of it all to the crafter and he's still only level 11.

Tenks

Leveling is pretty slow. I just hit 50 yesterday but in all honesty I've only started really "grinding" this week. Also the sell price (aka donate exp) for items doesn't increase all that much with the level requirement.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
They fucked with exp rates in 1.2, it's the only big bad decision in that patch. It sounds like they're going to readjust it though, because the playerbase is salty as hell about it.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Yeah, that's one of the probs with the FTP model. Not selling enough xp boosters? Need to increase xp grind!

Anyways, I don't get what's up with the devs in charge of game balance. I played in beta and found the game to be pretty dull. I mean, it looks nice, has interesting loot, good character design. But killing trash mobs took waaay too long. Just wasn't fun for me. So, now I log back in for this new patch, and they are really making good changes, but now I feel the game is just too damn easy. I spam high damage (usually aoe) attacks and mow through everything with zero challenge. The only deaths I have on any character or from Rhino and/or Juggernaut, cause they can one shot you. Seems like they just can't find that sweet spot of power/challenge.

Of course, I only completed the game on normal and just dipped a bit into Heroic mode, so maybe that helps a bit, but so far it just seems like mobs have more hp.

Tenks

As a melee deadpool I pretty much dodge everything that comes my way but in Superheroic if some shots connect they do some pretty big damage

Raes

Vyemm Raider
How is hawk eye these days? Think mine is level 48 or something
Heroes were buffed across the board, a lot. One is as good as any other I suppose. Just different flavors.

I swear it feels like I'm exploiting or something. Or like when you take your max-level epic-geared character to run someone through a newbie dungeon and everything explodes if you look at it funny.

I do find it amusing that Black Widow's (who I'm playing atm) lines are stuff like "Too easy." and "Where's the challenge?" LOL

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
One of the great things is the developers here, there are a handful of very socially active ones who make it seem like they are really paying attention to the status of the game and opinions of the players and adjusting as best as they can. I'm under the impression they have kind of a limited staff, so some changes may come slow, but they do come. They keep reviewing the game as a whole and heroes individually looking for adjustments and are willing to do a fairly big revamp of a hero if needed.

Like I said, this game has a lot of love to the source material as well. All the heroes have little sayings at different times in combat or just on seeing different characters that are very appropriate for the character. Also little things, like I was blown away when I realized that when Colossus punched someone or stomped the ground, in addition to the normal punch/stomp noises there was this faint sound of metal ringing as well. Brilliant.

Really this is probably one of the best games no one is playing right now.

Zodiac

Lord Nagafen Raider
normal mode is dumb easy for anyone who spends skill points. to be fair, it's not like diablo was difficult on normal.

Zodiac

Lord Nagafen Raider
One of the great things is the developers here, there are a handful of very socially active ones who make it seem like they are really paying attention to the status of the game and opinions of the players and adjusting as best as they can.
That Doomsaw guy must like never stop working. He is on the forums posting and putting up screenshots like 24/7. I'm pretty sure he is one of the head guys also.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Fuck you guys for making me reinstall this. Played 10 minutes and actually felt myself get less intelligent

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
Fuck you guys for making me reinstall this. Played 10 minutes and actually felt myself get less intelligent
You really are one unpleasant bastard. It's a Diablo-clone MMO-thing with really loyal Marvel comics feel, not a Picasso, not sure what you were expecting. It is what it is and it is terrific at it.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I do agree that they got the atmosphere and characters look and feel right. And the loot is done way better than D3. And they are adding things at a really decent pace. And they are adding playable heroes like one a month. Although I'm not interested in the next two, I'll prolly give Gambit a try when they add him. They just need to work on the difficulty balance and leveling curve.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
You really are one unpleasant bastard. It's a Diablo-clone MMO-thing with really loyal Marvel comics feel, not a Picasso, not sure what you were expecting. It is what it is and it is terrific at it.
Is this what this genre is? It must just not be for me. Burning through the story and then sitting in a lobby running terminals to attain better gear so you can run the same terminals with more HP?

No... A 'Picasso' it isn't

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
...it's an ARPG. You beat the game then you play on the next difficulty tier. Then you beat the game and play on the next difficulty tier. The difficulty ramps up in the second difficulty tier, plus there's a death penalty.

Patch notes 1.21
Overall Patch Summary

Today's weekly patch has a few small buffs to loot and experience in various areas of the game, a few bug fixes, buffs to a few unique items and several performance upgrades.

We are working towards our monthly large patch that will include X-Defense, Hero Synergy System, Luke Cage, Prestige System, Team Insignias, the Iron Man upgrade, more unique items and many more changes.
General Loot Improvements

Doop has massively increased loot when killed and has 30% more health. (Chase him down!)

Moderately increased chances of blue, purple, cosmic and uniques dropping. Slightly decreased chance of white and green items dropping. This will make rarity boost bonuses even more effective.

Cow level loot is significantly more epic and the zone has a much higher density of enemies. If it moves, it's a Skrull. If it doesn't move, it's a well-disciplined Skrull.
Experience Improvements

Leveling up to level 29 is modestly faster. Leveling from 29-39 is slightly faster.

Story zone experience has been increased by 10%.

Midtown Patrol experience increased slightly below level 40.

Leveling speeds are impossible to be perfect for every player in every situation. Not every person is going to be happy at any given leveling rate, but we will keep iterating to make it feel as rewarding as possible without making every level trivial.
Hero Changes

Emma Frost: Explode Minion's increased damage based on pet health has been reduced to 5% (from 10%). With the recent removal of mob defense and increase of mob health, this contribution was increasing the damage of Explode Minion beyond its intended amount.

12:52AM
Performance Optimizations

Slightly improved speed of loot dropping. Will be noticeable in zones like Midtown with lots of enemies.

Experience orbs are now dropped for a specific hero. Switching heroes to pick up orbs belonging to another hero will result in 0 exp for those orbs.
Modes and Zone Changes

All Green/Red terminals have been refactored in order to make sure the maximum amount of regions are beneficial, yet challenging to your current character at any given time.

Tiers now unlock at slightly different levels, and are more uniform in their progression.

Tier 4 Dailies are now unlocked at level 58 in order to match new progression.
Boss/Mob Changes

Most enemy damage at higher level has been increased by 5-10%.

Decreased boss health globally by 10%. Please let us know how this feels on our forums.

Added new dramatic entrance animations for several enemies.

Hydra Exolaunchers: Now deal more damage.

Shocker: Energy Shockwave attack (when red circles appear and the ceiling caves in) deals more damage

Bullseye: Mark of Death attack (when you're told to Take Cover!) now deals more damage.

Pyro, Sauron, and Venom have more HP in the Story regions.

The Freeze affix has been temporarily disabled. No enemy should spawn with it. We will be creating a new version of this that feels challenging, but less punishing.

Various enemy affixes have been adjusted for clarity and responsiveness.
UI Changes

Mission Tracker on the HUD now has a background to make it easier to read. Click the right-hand label to toggle the Tracker on/off.

Stash tabs you do not own now have a green G icon over them, instead of a dark overlay. The game will display only one "you cannot switch (hero/difficulty) here" banner message at a time to reduce messaging spam. This message has had its color changed to increase visibility.

Player name in the bottom left corner of the screen has been removed for aesthetic reasons (this was supposed to be a beta testing only UI element). We will add a toggle to turn it on for screenshot purposes.

Empty Power Slots will now display a Tooltip when you mouseover them instructing how to fill them with a power.

12:54AM
Item Changes

Gifts are now only visible for individual players, like yellow XP orbs. If you see one, no one else can pick it up.

The artifact that Black Cat can drop when defeated is now called Black Cat's Grappling Hook.

STASH Access Card (new shop item) now has a cooldown of 30 minutes instead of 60 minutes and is 700G.

Guns With No Name (Deadpool Unique): Increased base damage by 25%, added + crit chance, added + ranks to God Mode, removed bonus to max Spirit

Immortal Spirit of Kirby (Thing Unique): Formerly called "Immortal Stamina of Kirby", now is equipped in Slot 5 and provides a bonus to Defense Rating instead of Damage Rating so Thing players don't have to sacrifice damage for survivability.

Gloves of Infinite Entropy (Scarlet Witch Unique): Doubled damage on fireballs

Shadowy Mask of The Hand (Daredevil Unique): Replaced redundant Crit Rating bonus with a Crit Damage bonus

Shadowy Mask of the Hand (Daredevil Unique): Added bonus to Brutal Strike Chance.

Cape of Sigurd Dragonslayer (Thor Unique): Added bonus to Special Item Find and Rarity Boost, added rank bonuses to Asgardian Stamina and Immortal Combat

Hyper Viper Beam (Cable Unique): Added a rank bonus to Devastating Beam, Devastating Beam costs less Spirit to use. The visual for Devestating Beam will be colored red in future patch.

Daddy Deadpool Device (Deadpool Unique): Added + 1 bonus to all Powers and a bonus to Item Rarity.

Uru-Enhanced Shield (Captain America Unique): Added bonus to Quick Block and bonus health on hit

Yelena's Bite (Black Widow Unique): Added bonus to Critical Damage.

Old Painless (Punisher Unique): Added bonus to Brutal Strike damage

Apprehendroid Array (Rocket Raccoon Unique): Increased bonus to Shrewd Dude and changed the chance to summon a beetle to when you hit (as opposed to when you are hit).

Mighty Mjolnir (Thor Unique): Increased base weapon damage significantly. Fixed misspelling.
Store Changes

We've added two new costumes to Marvel Heroes! These costumes can be found in-game as drops or purchased from the in-game store.

Daredevil - Earth X Costume

After the Terrigen Mists were released on the world of "Earth X", this version of Daredevil was made impervious to harm. He used his powers to become the star attraction of a circus. His regenerative powers eventually allowed him to multiply into a troupe of Dardevils, though all but the original were killed.

Human Torch - Light Brigade Costume

After "sacrificing" himself to the Annihilation Wave in order to save Thing, Franklin, and Valeria Richards, Johnny Storm himself found himself trapped in the Negative Zone, unable to be killed. Upon escaping from Annihilus' forces, Johnny took over the "Light Brigade" and used his new army to capture Annihilus himself and attached the Cosmic Rod to his arm, giving him power over the Negative Zone.

12:56AM
Bug Fixes

Hero/Power Bug Fixes

Players can no longer kill other players with Emma's Controlled mobs.

Cow Commanders can no longer be controlled by Emma Frost.

Fixed a bug that could cause disconnects when changing areas as Emma Frost with a controlled minion.

Punisher's Cold-Blooded Crusader ability no longer stops player movement when enemies applying fear to enemies.

Fixed an issue with distance-based damage bonuses (on powers like Punisher's Shotgun Blast) that would prevent them from applying if the power was activated in a direction instead of by clicking on a target enemy.

Fixed an issue with powers ceasing to fire when the initial target dies or not continuing if you press shift after the initial press.

Boss/Mob Fixes

Enemies summoned by elites no longer have incorrect damage scaling on higher difficulties. This issue resulted in these summoned enemies often doing far too much damage in Heroic and Super Heroic.

Rhino will no longer hit players standing behind him when charging.

Mission Bug Fixes

Players currently stuck at the end of Chapter 4 or Chapter 7 will now have an unlocked waypoint that will allow access to the correct Hub next in their mission progression.

Doctor Octopus in Chapter 8 now drops the correct medal.

Missions will now give you the correct reward corresponding to your difficulty level.

UI Bug Fixes

The waypoint for Xavier's School will now correctly show as unlocked under every chapter that you have access to.

Misc.

Fixed game client performance degradation that occurred when remaining in one area for a long time.

Tenks

Nothing too amazing. I'll be interested to see what Doop drops now. He always was dropping pretty good loot for me.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Nothing too amazing. I'll be interested to see what Doop drops now. He always was dropping pretty good loot for me.
Yeah, hopefully the EXP boost is noticeable and good. I guess the defense mission got pushed back to the big Luke Cage patch
frown.png

Tenks

I've heard from quite a few Deadpools that the fastest way to XP is to just run T3 Red Shocker over and over and over. Just skip all the trash and go straight for him.

an accordion_sl

shitlord
Is this what this genre is? It must just not be for me. Burning through the story and then sitting in a lobby running terminals to attain better gear so you can run the same terminals with more HP?

No... A 'Picasso' it isn't
I think you just hate videogames dude, you want all these tedious, tired systems so that you can be forced to socialize in a videogame.