Marvel Heroes 20xx

Mellent_sl

shitlord
Is this what this genre is? It must just not be for me. Burning through the story and then sitting in a lobby running terminals to attain better gear so you can run the same terminals with more HP?

No... A 'Picasso' it isn't
That's exactly what the genre is.

Subjectivity and objectivity. Two different things.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Actually, I think I love video games, and that's the problem. This game feels like playing the same level of Mario over and over with no chance of failure... to be fair it's my first stint into the arpg genre. I think they just aren't for me at all

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I don't see how you can post on an ex-EQ mmorpg forum and not expect us to disagree that tedious loot grinds aren't fun. That is how we spent 10 hours a day for years.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I don't see how you can post on an ex-EQ mmorpg forum and not expect us to disagree that tedious loot grinds aren't fun. That is how we spent 10 hours a day for years.
See that's where i disagree - it isn't the same... In MMOs like EQ, WoW etc, there WAS a point to the grind... It was to be competitive, to show off. I just don't see that same spirit here.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I dont play this game actually but Quaid, the genre arpg probably isnt for you. Having this thread in the MMO section might raise undue expectations for the title.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
I dont play this game actually but Quaid, the genre arpg probably isnt for you. Having this thread in the MMO section might raise undue expectations for the title.
It's as much as an MMO as half the bullshit that's come out. You can solo forever if you want, or you can group if you want. They're even bringing in raids for some reason.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
You play the game cause you can log in whenever you feel like it, beat the hell out of bad guys, then log off. Maybe you get a new item or level up and rank up some talents, great. Mostly though it is about logging in and having some fun.

Clearly not a game for people who hate fun. Like Quaid.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
You play the game cause you can log in whenever you feel like it, beat the hell out of bad guys, then log off. Maybe you get a new item or level up and rank up some talents, great. Mostly though it is about logging in and having some fun.

Clearly not a game for people who hate fun. Like Quaid.
Now I'm not sure what your hard-on for me is... I've seen you bash me in a couple threads now, so I suppose I should actually speak to you at some point... Unless I already have and it was just that unmemorable.

I don't hate 'fun', I love fun... And there is nothing I find fun about this game. The combat isn't twitchy or challenging... There is no strategy involved at all... Loot doesn't feel significant or rewarding... Social interaction is limited at best, clumsy at worst... The 'grind' is totally unnecessary in such a low-skill game

I play plenty of 'fun' games, but other than their excellent representation of Marvel IP, I just don't see much going on here.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Speaking of awesome, picked up Thor with shards. Dude is the craziest lightning mage ever if you don't invest in his melee tree. Really fun.

Sharinel

Golden Squire
And he's even more stupidly OP with melee - Storm Strike bounces between mobs and refills your Odinforce inside 2 secs, which means it's always up for God Blast. The guy can clear MM in seconds
smile.png

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Patch today, biggest thing is the survival mode group instance

Patch 1.22 is a small weekly patch with many quality-of-life improvements. It contains many item, hero, and enemy changes many of which were based on community feedback. We've also included many small bug fixes and performance upgrades.

As an additional feature, we have activated "X-Defense" on live servers as an open beta test. Although the mode is not completely finished and not fully tuned, it's in a fine state for players to test and just have a fun challenge.

A larger patch with additional features and systems, including the Iron Man rework and improvements to several heroes will be out towards the end of September.
X-Defense

The open-beta version of X-Defense is available from the "Survival" terminals in any player hub. It's intended for 5-player groups, although players are welcome to use smaller groups for an added challenge.

This new gameplay mode allows heroes to defend the X-Mansion from a never ending wave of enemies and super villains. Players will have to work together to prevent students from being captured, and difficulty (and rewards) will increase with each wave!

Each wave greatly increases the damage and health of enemies, along with experience and item rarity. A group queue is almost complete for the mode, but for now players can form a group and simply teleport to the group leader after the leader enters the zone.
User Interface Changes

Auto-zooming while interacting with the Crafter has been turned off. We may bring it back in the future if we feel we have addressed all related performance issues.

3:58AM
Hero Changes

We have no significant hero changes in this patch, but have a minor fixes and a small buff to Punisher and Spider-Man for this week.

Black Widow

Black Widow's Evasive Shot should now slow enemies properly.

Captain America

Shield Bash and Vibranium Bash: Now hits multiple enemies in a melee cone.

Emma Frost

Cow Commanders in the bovine sector are now bosses, although they enjoyed their time away from the fields for a few weeks. Emma Frost players who have Ranged Cow Commanders as pets will have their pets changed to Disgraced Cow Commanders, who are level 1, have 1 hit point, and cannot move.

Mass Invisibility: Cooldown has been increased to prevent 100% uptime for an entire party.

Hawkeye

Hawkeye will now start the game with Taser Arrow at level one, and will unlock the passive Precise Aim in the place of Taser Arrow. This change was made to improve the level 1 experience for Hawkeye players.

Punisher

Punisher's passives Driven by Vengeance and Killer Instinct will no longer stop player movement.

Driven By Vengeance - Now gives a scaling critical chance and brutal strike chance bonus.

Pain Tolerance - Improved defense rating, now increases health, improved damage reduction, and now has a chance to completely ignore incoming projectiles. These changes were made to improve Punisher players' survivability significantly.

Spider-Man

Damage has been slightly increased on Spider Strike, Sticky Strike, Amazing Uppercut, Web Shot, Ballistic Web Shot, and Webswing Assault.
Stick Around: Damage has been moderately increased.
Agile Attack: Now includes a haste buff and has had its flow improved.
Sensation Escape: Now grants a CC immunity buff as well as a cleanse effect.
Sticky Strike: Improved attack speed.

Storm

Refreshing Breeze - Specified crowd control effects as the removed effect (from "negative effects").

Quickening Breeze - Added duration into the tooltip.

Item Changes

Hyper Viper Beam (Cable Unique): Now grants bonus ranks to Cable's entire Soldier tree, a bonus to attack speed, crit chance, energy damage, ranged damage, and has a chance to fire a laser burst. Damage has been reduced. Devestating Beam bonuses have been removed. Defense removed.

Guns with No Name (Deadpool Unique): Damage increased.

SHIELD Life Support Gear (Unique): A bug was fixed that caused certain heroes to equip this in the wrong slot (it's a slot 2 item). Hulk and Thing will now equip this in Slot 2 instead of Slot 4. Storm, Scarlet Witch and Thor will now equip this in Slot 2 instead of Slot 3.

White Hole Gauntlets (Ms. Marvel): Explosion effect will now proc from any Photon power.

Portal to Confidential Bovine Sector: Now costs 60,000 credits to craft.

Increased Reroll Cosmic Item recipe cost to 40k credits.

Increased Create Random Costume recipe cost to 100k credits.

Dr. Doom's Medallion: Damage bonus increased by approximately 35%. Now gives a health bonus. Power Duration bonus has been decreased by 60%.

4:05AM
Boss/Mob Changes

Venom now attacks and moves faster when he grows larger during combat.
Sabretooth: His bleed no longer stacks multiple times. Getting hit will instead refresh the bleed duration.
Doop has increased health, but pauses for longer when not running away. He will now wait at least 50% longer before teleporting.
Brood Warden's HP has been corrected to normal levels (down from insane levels!)
Mindless Ones deal more damage with their attacks and have 20% more HP.
Reduced DoT damage on AIM Incinerator

UI Changes:

Eternity Splinter Edge Marker will stay on screen an incredibly large distance.

Mission Changes

Midtown difficulty has been increased, and players will now gain more experience there.
Reduced time between super-villain waves in Midtown.
Added a new Brotherhood of Mutants super-villain variant to Midtown.
Added Lavamen ambush waves to Midtown.
Added A.I.M. ambush waves to Midtown.
Added new variant ambush waves.
Tutorial: A new waypoint has been added to Forest Hills! Players switching to new characters in a hub and then travelling to Queens (Forest Hills) will now start near Ben Urich.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Also, Doomsaw posted that they are gonna do a double xp/find event this weekend.

Tenks

I got my Deadpool up to 58 or 59. I'm also leveling a Rocket who is in the low 20's if anyone wants to group up sometime. I'm still in the Regulators supergroup. My Deadpool is fairly well equipped in full cosmics and a crit artifact and that one artifact that basically gives me 100% crit all the time while I'm in a pack of things. So I can hold my own. Melee specced btw if your xdef needs a tanky character.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Test server going up tonight, some more infos from Doomsaw about next patch
uick Updates from the work done today:

Test Center will be ready for public testing on Wednesday evening. We'll have test center patch notes at that time which Ryolnir is working on right now. We've had a full day of internal testing and we're about 95% ready to go. It will go live when it's ready with minimal bugs.

Luke Cage will be in test center. He's extremely polished with full VFX, animations, powers and 80% of his sound work done already. Vehicular Manslaughter, Sweet Christmas, Combo Fighter, Business is Good, Crowbar Beatdown, Chunk O Concrete, Harlem Dropkick and Cage Was Here are some power names!

The hero prestige system is complete. This is an extremely simple system that let's you restart your character over once you've reach level 60. There are no power level upgrades associated with this system, just cosmetics. Green, blue, purple, orange and red names for your hero if you choose to complete all 5 levels of prestige. I am tempted to do this, but I also want to level up everyone to 50, so this will be a tough choice. Your prestige level will also allow you to buy the appropriately colored new Iron Buddies for credits (all 5 colors depending on your prestige level - only available for prestige players). Prestige reset does not affect synergies in any way.

The Hero Synergy System is completely done and tested. The UI is pretty sweet and everything works flawlessly.

We have a recipe to upgrade a rare to a cosmic. Super expensive, but you will now have a reason to save the "perfect" purple.

Another large wave of uniques added.

Buffs to many artifacts and almost every Medallion in the game, plus the nerf to FFF that was coming so it's not 100% crit with 100% uptime.

Buffs to loot and experience in many areas of the game, particularly story mode.

A new artifact, Hand of Doom that will contend with Edge of Infinity for #1 spot. Drops from tier 4 Doom.

Legendary Quests of Odin will send players all over the game to enjoy the awesome story content was getting the "most efficient" experience. Have fun while leveling instead of Hood runs (or do both). Odin's rewards can be used to craft Legendary Blessings that enchant your two artifact slots.

New power scaling tech that adjust the damage curve of powers so powers unlocked at low levels are just as strong when using +ranks. This is a buff to every power that unlocks below level 30.

Lady Deadpool and new Black Widow costume. Both are amazing.

X-Defense continual adjustments to make it more fun.

New crafting recipes and a few surprises to find in the world!

EDIT: Note than Iron Man was done already, so we did not work on him at all today. I did enjoy his jet-assisted movement while hovering around Avengers Tower.

New Lady Deadpool costume
rrr_img_44519.png

Tenks

RIP FFF. You will be missed.

Got my Rocket up to 30'ish last night. Finally he doesn't suck complete ass to play with BFG and Groot.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
I enjoy Rocket but yes, he really kind of "clicks together" once you get BFG going. Don't have Groot yet, but have the artifact with AIM-bots.

Hope Luke Cage is cool, been looking forward to him and the Iron Man update.