Marvel Heroes 20xx

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
is there any point at all to story mode in this?
For the most part you'll just want to get one character with all the waypoints in normal/heroic/SH then on your next characters just level them in MM 1-20 then LQs 20-60 and then go back through and complete all the quests that give you +points, permanent spirit/HP.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
is there any point at all to story mode in this?
Once you've run it and know it you can basically go, on new characters/difficulties:

Prologue > Shocker/Doc Oct > TM/Hood (TM for Rare find bonus) > Snake Mini Dungeon (+5 Spirit) > Elektra > Bullseye > Kingpin > Juggernaut > Magneto > Science Lab > Mutant Cave (cant remember name) > Sinister > AIM > Hydra > Doom > Rainbow Road > Malekith > Loki. to get all the bonuses/potions from story. Skips artifacts but who cares.

Tenks

You'll want to get the SH artifact from the quest in Lowtown to get the blade shards. It is a really quality melee artifact but can roll randomly so may as well just do it on all toons.

The mutant cave is the Evolution Facility and you get 50 HP for killing Bonebreaker. But I find getting 1-20'ish completing the story very ineffecient. Like I said I just go back and re-do any quests I missed in the normal mode then any I missed in heroic/SH because often times you'll get LQs which will make you either complete the quest or be in the same zone to complete the quest.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
what gear is worth saving in this? someone told me you can upgrade uniques later on? is that true stuff like yellows and artifacts as well?

Defiance

<Bronze Donator>
what gear is worth saving in this? someone told me you can upgrade uniques later on? is that true stuff like yellows and artifacts as well?
Uniques can be upgraded to level 40, 50, and 60. Cosmics and artifacts can have their affixes rerolled. Epics can be made into cosmics. Personally, I save most artifacts, well rolled blue + rings, cosmics, blue + insignias, rare crafting stuff, well rolled cores and boosts.

Once your stash is full you'll quickly learn what you value and what you don't. As for everything else, donate it to the crafting vendor until it's maxed at level 20. Beyond that you can you donate to the weapon/armor vendors to level them but that is really just icing on the cake.

Tenks

White = Common
Blue = Rare
Purple = Epic
Yellow = Cosmic
Brown'ish = Unique

In terms of what is saving that is currently under consideration. They are adding this Starktech thing pretty soon that you can donate items to in order to level it up. I do not recall if you could donate uniques but you can donate cosmics. I've been saving all my junk cosmics lately for that purpose.

You can upgrade uniques to certain levels but to upgrade to 60 costs quite a bit of credits. 600k in fact. You can also reroll them if you get poor rolls.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
finished the story on punisher, bought a random hero with my splinters ... got punisher. fml.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Sorry to hear that Byr, I got unlucky as well and got another IM. Maybe buy a cheap hero this weekend and hope for one of the expensive ones for free. Or possibly even another Punisher! RNG ftw.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think the worst part about this game is that it has no real outside resource for information. the wikis that do exist are all out of date.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
The MH forums are very much alive and kicking. Tons of information on each hero in their own sub-forums and there is a question and answers sub-forum. Their search function is not that bad either.

Most of my Google searches turn up a forum post on the MH forums.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Bought Hawkeye for 450, got Spiderman (whom I already had). For some reason I always get the expensive heroes which I already own. I decided to try one more time and bought Thor for 900 and got Human Torch whom I didn't have. Overall 3 new heroes for $13 isn't too bad. Just gotta pray to the RNG gods.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
This game is just great fun. Currently have a level 20 Punisher. It can't hold my attention for more than an hour at a time but it's great mindless fun.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Only 1 dupe for me.

Picked up Widow and got Iron Man (dupe)
Picked up Hawkeye and got Panther
Picked up Thing and got Loki

Because of the server issues I got a 2 copies of Thing and Loki it seems.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
not sure why rolls on items vary so much. i dont think its unreasonable to expect something 11 level higher to be better.
BMfB32A.png