Marvel Heroes 20xx

Khane

Got something right about marriage
So you're saying my build is the best damage build? I guess my gear just sucks. That's my exact build (only 1 point in flechette)

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Think the most common is Rifle Shot or Shotgun, Driven by Vengeance, Pain Tolerance, Rocket Launcher, Chemical Mine and last 20 pts in either Deadly Barrage or Armoring Piercing Shot. I'd say Barrage is more useful in general but if you decide to run Cosmic Terminals APS can be very good. Rest of the points spend in Cold-Blooded, Killer Instinct, Lock & Load, and Sticky Mine.
Max the last shotgun, max rockets, max flamethrower, max the 3 passives. 1 point in chemicals/prox mine. I think is what mine is running. I dont like barrage.

Kanglor

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yeah Flamethrower is definitely viable, I'm not a big fan of it personally, mainly due to the short range, but I can't see myself not maxing Chemical Mine, it just does a ton of damage. Also not a big fan of maxing Cold-Blooded as from what I understand feared enemies do not give you the Killer Instinct bonus, since they still are targetting you while CC'd. It could be useful in Cosmic Terminals though just for survival reasons, I'd be interested to hear if that's how you are using it, as might be worth me checking out. So basically he has pretty good diversity of builds, pretty much all of his damage abilities are worth using, and he has plenty of free points due to all his defensive stuff being built into one skill(Pain Tolerance).

Khane

I think my gear was just terrible. Finally hit 50 and also got a bunch of great upgrades (including a unique "main hand" gun that has 758 base damage compared to the 412 I had been using). His level 50 passive synergy bonus makes it so now I can just spam my rocket launcher into packs of mobs and regen all the spirit I used to kill them.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Runewords: Gotta get some o that bowazon
Ti13V89.jpg

vMmBH8S.png

Delly

Trakanon Raider
I've taken a break since apparently I put in 115 hours in 5ish weeks.. lol. I still read up occasionally and saw this. Looks like its still in development, meaning it'll get buffed, but it wasn't supposed to be shown yet.

Ultimate tier items

rrr_img_59454.jpg

rrr_img_59459.png

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
So my guild has found yet another exploit to optimize loot. We call it split terminal farming. The basic idea is that you group with 5 people. All 5 of you go to different cosmic terminals. You clear the bounties. Since there is only 1 person in the terminal the mobs don't have their health scale so you can complete the bounty solo quite easily. You get to the boss with bounties cleared and bodyslide out. You can then go assist other people to complete the bounties or whatever. Eventually all five of you have each completed a different terminal. You teleport into the terminal and the cleared bounty is still active. So you just have to kill the boss and you get the appropriate cosmic chests. Do this for each cleared terminal. Rinse and repeat.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
So my guild has found yet another exploit to optimize loot. We call it split terminal farming. The basic idea is that you group with 5 people. All 5 of you go to different cosmic terminals. You clear the bounties. Since there is only 1 person in the terminal the mobs don't have their health scale so you can complete the bounty solo quite easily. You get to the boss with bounties cleared and bodyslide out. You can then go assist other people to complete the bounties or whatever. Eventually all five of you have each completed a different terminal. You teleport into the terminal and the cleared bounty is still active. So you just have to kill the boss and you get the appropriate cosmic chests. Do this for each cleared terminal. Rinse and repeat.

Also forum post about split clearing -

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/disc...in-game#latest

I guess I need to find a guild when I come back to playing regularly.

Tenks

Yeah I didn't mean to imply we invented it which sounds like I did re-reading the post. But we were doing it for quite a while last night. I got my deadpool unique slippers!

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Haha sorry my post wasn't calling you out either, just was linking information for everyone to see.

I'm assuming that will get nerfed, I know its not cheating, but I doubt Gaz wants people getting loot that fast.

Tenks

I'm sure it'll get fixed somehow. It reminds me of the Kingpin scenario all over again. They can pretty easily fix it by scaling the mob health to the amount in your party instead of the amount current in the instance.

Khane

I'm sure it'll get fixed somehow. It reminds me of the Kingpin scenario all over again. They can pretty easily fix it by scaling the mob health to the amount in your party instead of the amount current in the instance.
That would be a knee-jerk "fix". I honestly don't see the problem with "exploits" like this split farming thing in ARPG's. It's actually good for the health of the game because people can work together to more efficiently farm gear whereas the mob HP scaling in this game can be a little absurd so an actual group 5 manning each terminal would be annoying. This promotes grouping where otherwise people would rather solo.

Tenks

Mob health already scales in the instances. I can solo all the cosmic terminals fairly easily on multiple characters but if I'm in a 5man group in the same instance I have to beat on a white mob for a while to take him down.

Khane

Yes I know. That's what I pointed out. People are soloing the terminals because the mob HPs aren't scaling even though they are in group (but solo in their instance) and waiting to fill the instance with the rest of the group just for the boss fight and the cosmic chest. Whereas grouping throughout the entire instance would be annoying because of the HP scaling. It's more efficient to farm with this split "exploit" and I don't think that's a bad thing. I think people would just solo and not group at all if they couldn't do this.

If they wanted to really fix it a better solution than your suggestion would be to just lock the instance to just the characters who were there when the first objective was completed.

Tenks

Even with a full unique'd out character clearing bounties is faster in a 5man group than I can do solo. There isn't really much grouping going on with this method outside of getting together for the boss. This isn't the intended way these terminals were implemented and I expect it to be fixed in some fashion.

Khane

Even with a full unique'd out character clearing bounties is faster in a 5man group than I can do solo. There isn't really much grouping going on with this method outside of getting together for the boss. This isn't the intended way these terminals were implemented and I expect it to be fixed in some fashion.
It might be faster but it isn't 5x faster I'd imagine. Otherwise people wouldn't be doing this. I'm not arguing that they didn't intend this I'm just making a case for why they shouldn't "fix" it. Though I imagine you are right and it will indeed be patched.

Tenks

I'll also note that this method still appears to yield worse loot than pre-fix Kingpin. I did maybe 5 runs of this last night and only got two uniques off it. One for DP one for Wolverine. And the DP one fell off a trash mob while I was waiting for my team to teleport to me. I was running 150% magic find the entire time.

Khane

I'm trying to figure out which of my heroes I should level next. I'm concerned more about fun than the synergies they offer and what's fun to me is blowing shit up, doesn't matter if it's melee, pet, ranged physical or energy or whatever. I just like to fuck shit up, mobility is important too.

Here are the heroes I have available:
Daredevil (bought)
Black Widow (got as my free champ during the special when I bought Daredevil)
Squirrel Girl (random)
Thor (random)

I'm leaning towards Thor but also thinking about Squirrel Girl for the laughs and Black Widow for the accent.

Tenks

DD and BW are getting their 52s soon. So don't start them now. Both SG and Thor are considered viable but not elite tier. Thor is a tad boring but he does score well in the 'blow shit up' category. I've never played SG.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There are 38 runes available at launch, with dozens more coming.

pushing a little to hard to sell stash tabs?