Marvel Heroes 20xx

Lenwen

Silver Squire
Anyone else here tried the new patch in the closed beta? In addition to adding Cable to the roster, they are doing a balance pass on the heroes as well as mobs, and while the game way faceroll easy before, the pendulum swung the other way. I was watching Ironman, who used to be completely op, hits like a wet noodle now. It is hilarious watching people struggle with orange mobs in the first zone.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Did they nerf Hulk or Jean Grey? Both were/are OP.

My buddy went to go buy the $20 Hulk pack and they were apparently "sold out". Only other offer is $60. I was considering shelling $20, but never would I ever pay $60 for a decent character or for the 4 pack.

Lenwen

Silver Squire
Since the closed beta still has a very limited playtime, no one has gotten the heroes up to high enough lvl yet to determine if the changes were really nerfed or is it a result of the increased overall difficulty of the game itself. At the moment, 95% of the feedback are nonsensical bitching and whining about stuff, such as "hulk should be able to kill any non bosses with 2 hits, tops". A very noticeable change with Jean Grey is her animations and phoenix form looks different visually. Her attacks are now pink lol.

I purchased a 60 dollar pack few weeks back, when they had a 10% discount, and extra bonus in game currency, bringing the total in game currency given to about 50 dollars. I view it as no different than putting down full price for any other game.

A positive change they made is that free players won't be stuck with just 1 hero at the start. Right after you finish the tutorial mission, they give you another starter hero randomly.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I've put in a little time after the patch to test drive Cable - got him up to 10 or so, and he's a little underwhelming early on. Like his skills though (those that aren't bugged) and he will def be my main on release. Servers are down tonight, but I'll play more this weekend.

Lenwen

Silver Squire
I got cable up to 10 only also, and I'd have to agree with you. So far, his first basic attack is weak, and some of his psionic moves doesn't always work. Hopefully he has better beam attacks later on.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
So how's everyone feeling after the last couple changes and such? Are they indicating any further patches before release (i'm assuming so but wasn't sure of the frequency)

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Good question - the patches have been sporadic so far - I definitely think there will be at least one more before release (only a few weeks now). Some of the stuff is getting polished up. Game is fun as is, but I reckon they could use another month or two. Either way, it hooked me enough to drop $60 on after a few playthroughs for the cable/wolverine/deadpool/colossus pack. Trying not to get too burnt out before release though.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Are they still honoring any discount codes? I know at one time they were allowing users at certain point share to 3 friends or something like that... I may very well pick this up just for the heck of it. Always nice to have a game that requires little time and effort.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
haven't really followed much about this game, and i'm too lazy to look it up, but is gambit one of the characters you can choose from? i'd be willing to give the game a shot if he is one of the heroes available. or possibly archangel or havok or bishop?

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
all of them are in the game, but none of them are currently playable characters. David Brevik has said that gambit is one of the most requested characters so it's a forgone conclusion at this point... just an issue of when.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I would think that they would take a LoL approach and introduce new heroes every so often as a money grab. It's a great idea and it works great for LoL. Surely they've learned something from them. If they can develop a new champion and/or skins every few months sure they can...

I also look for some serious Hero and Villian PvP at some point. I can't see heroes being the exclusive choice. Would be cool to setup a Secret Wars battlefield-like scenario where you can pick 4v4, 8v8 or even 16v16 battles...

Someone give me a contact.... I think I can make this game zillions of dollars at the expense of people like me. haha

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Also, are the forums the main place to pick up info as I see many Reddit posts and other media outlets? Just curious if you get an early access are we talking Midnight or have the announced times yet?

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I think they've done a fucking TERRIBLE job marketing this game and creating any sort of hype. From what I have seen, the CB forums are the best place for discussion. Early access for Ultimate Pack owners is like 4 (6) days early (May 28), Premium is 2 days later, and then single pack owners get like a day or 2.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I think they've done a fucking TERRIBLE job marketing this game and creating any sort of hype. From what I have seen, the CB forums are the best place for discussion. Early access for Ultimate Pack owners is like 4 (6) days early (May 28), Premium is 2 days later, and then single pack owners get like a day or 2.
I'm sorry, is some one asking for hype for an MMO? Do you also want blood in your diarrhea?

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
all of them are in the game, but none of them are currently playable characters. David Brevik has said that gambit is one of the most requested characters so it's a forgone conclusion at this point... just an issue of when.
so in the game as in a playable character when purchasing the game? or in the game as in only available if you pay for that specific character? i doubt i'll even play this game at all, but i'd be willing to give it a try for like $20 or something. i am however not willing to spend any additional money just to play as the characters that i want (IMO, that should be included with the purchase of the game).

Killjoy_sl

shitlord
24/7 Closed beta is up now for those of you with access.

Content Additions

New costumes added to the in-game store:
Spider-Man Big Time
Spider-Man Big Time (Green Variant)
Spider-Man Sensational

Content Changes

Character Changes

Black Widow: Renamed 'Widow's Bite' to 'Stinging Shot'.
Black Widow: Removed knockdown from Widow's Kiss and added damage over time.
Black Panther: Black Panther's Ultimate 'Panther God's Gift' can no longer be interrupted.
Daredevil: 'Restorative Trance' can now be interrupted.
Deadpool: Reduced the amount of health regained from using 'Get Better Fast'.
Deadpool: Reduced the rate at which health is regained via 'Superior Healing Factor'.
Hawkeye: 'Destructive Volley' now deals more damage and the arrows will now pierce targets 100% of the time.
Scarlet Witch: 'Ruinous Tempest' no longer has a duration and can be toggled. This power will now reduce Scarlet Witch's max spirit by 40 and now has a damage synergy with 'Chaos Tempest'.
Wolverine: Reduced the rate at which health is regenerated via 'Healing Factor'.

UI/Usability Changes

Medals and medallions have switched inventory icons, with medals now being silver and medallions being gold.
There is now a teleport to party members feature, right-click a party member portrait to select the menu option.
The bodyslider will now display a cooldown timer and return location.
Improved visual appearance of NPC chat bubbles.
A confirmation dialog is now shown when attempting to donate items that you have purchased through the in-game store to a Vendor or Crafter.
Added additional tutorial notes in the Raft.
You will no longer receive a chat message when another player adds you to their friends list.

Other Changes

Fast lunge powers now feature a small hidden cooldown. This is designed to be long enough to prevent you from queuing it up, but not long enough to prevent back-to-back usage.
Pressing the Shift key will no longer stop movement powers.
Restructured flow of Taskmaster Video mission so you need to return the video to an NPC.
The Latveria and Hydra Island travel NPCs in Helicarrier have swapped positions.
Iron Man's Mark 1 armor now has unique VFX for flight.
Some heroes who do not primarily use physical damage will not no longer receive bonuses to it as a Weapon Affix.

Enemy Changes

Enemy health has been reduced globally.
Bosses and some enemies have been granted resistance to charm effects.
AIM Soldier projectile speed has been reduced.
Flying enemies are now immune to knockup, knockback, and knockdown effects.
Mercenary Marksman enemies have had their damage reduced.
Enemies in PVP will now drop orbs 100% of the time.

Kingpin Boss Battle

Elektra's health has been reduced by 40%.
Elektra now buffs her allies' move speed by 50% and attack speed by 40%.
Bullseye's health has been reduced by 40%.
Bullseye now slows nearby player movespeed by 50%.
East River enemies summoned by Kingpin will now drop orbs in order to assist with the fight.

Bug Fixes

Fixed the 'never-ending damage-over-time' issue, when certain enemies are defeated with exactly the right timing.
Players will no longer auto-party upon entering Treasure Room instances.
Pets can now be summoned in social hubs.
Fixed an issue in which Ultimate Power ranks were reset with the use of a Retcon Device.
Fixed an occasional issue where your inventory items would not appear.
Fixed an issue where normal experience and rested experience will display incorrect values.
Fixed an issue in which your hero could never resurrect another hero.
All Heroes in PvE endgame / PvP will now have appropriate overhead health bars.
Fixed an issue where boosts could stack when used in different zones during the same play session.
Items that grant +1 to all powers (or a category of powers) will no longer apply to powers you have not actually spent a point in.
Fixed some erroneous levels for select enemies.
Fixed an issue in which you could cancel resurrecting another player, but they would be automatically resurrected regardless.
Fixed an occasional issue where certain NPCs would not appear or disappear properly after using Story Warp.
Fixed an issue where low obstacles would block jumping powers.
Fixed an issue where some sound effects would loop until the client was restarted.
Scarlet Witch: Fixed an issue with Ultimate Power, where some enemies would not be affected.
Damage Over Time effects applied by some projectile powers should now properly apply damage with bonuses.
Rocket Raccoon: Time Dilator should now work as described.
Fixed an issue that could cause certain auras to last indefinitely on party members.
Fixed a bug where Spawners were spawning in all directions for Aquatic Assault event.
Powers that move the character are no longer affected by attack speed bonuses.
Captain America: Fixed an issue where Quick Block would block multiple hits within a given time.
Hulk: Fixed a bug where Hulk's Unbridled Rampage increases spirit cost instead of decreasing it
Hulk: Ultimate Power (Meteor Strike) tooltip now shows correct cooldown info.
Hulk: Ultimate Power (Meteor Strike) is now interruptible by left-clicking or activating another power.
Hulk: Fixed an issue where Hulk's Anger (Secondary Resource) would not add damage to Hulk's powers as stated in the tooltip.
Fixed various animation bugs during certain animated NPC sequences.
Fixed an issue in which the LMB and RMB power fans were not accessible while the powers menu was open.
Fixed an issue where toggled auras were not having any effect after entering a hub and then heading back to the combat area.
Fixed an issue where PVP Defenders were unable to be killed.
Fixed an issue where enemies in PVP were not leashing properly.
Fixed missing sound effects for Cable's Viper Pulse Cannon power.
Made adjustments to the login screen so that it would appear properly in 1080p.
Storm: Freezing Tempest should no longer stop applying slow to targets lingering in the effect beyond the scaled up duration.
Fixed an issue that can prevent certain press-and-hold style powers from correctly orienting towards the mouse cursor.
Gorgon Medal will now correctly display a red dot for enemies on the minimap.
Hand Ninja champions in the Hand Tower are now marked as Elite enemies.
Cooldown tooltips have been added for Cyclops, Captain America, Rocket Raccoon, and Scarlet Witch's Ultimate Power.
The UI will now display the correct icon for crafted potions that have been used.
Fixed an issue in which summoning Groot would leave the green "pet ring" effect once the summon had ended.

Known Major Issues

Daily Quests are currently turned off. After Doom is defeated, PVP and purple endgame terminals are still available!
Some single target projectile power do not damage destructible objects properly.
Teleport to Party feature currently does not work.
Those using a vertical resolution of 720 (such as 1280x720) may have issues equipping powers.
Thrown objects such as Captain America's shield or Daredevil's billy club may not return to their user with some powers.
Placeholder power icons remain for Cable, Jean Grey and Rocket Raccoon.
Social UI: Friends that are online can show up as offline.
Tooltips may not always match power names.
Players can no longer attempt to revive other players if they are interrupted.
Some load 'hitching' may be experienced.
Spider-Man: Ultimate Power will crash the game, including for anyone who sees the effect. Do not use!
Punisher: When firing Rifle Shot at an adjacent target, two hit VFX show up.
Hawkeye: 'Nullifier Arrow' VFX continue to show indefinitely.
Hawkeye: Wave of Arrows does not function as described.
Bajillion Entertainment instance currently has no enemies inside. They're all working on a game.
Exiting some instances spawns the player at the start of the PCZ mistakenly.
Story Notification constantly interrupts Dr Doom Phase 3.
Ben Urich disappears from Avengers Tower after story warping.
Client may crash when fighting in Ruined Projects.
Seemingly infinite Raptors will spawn during the Raptor Survey Station instance.

I wonder how many people will be grinding Spider-Man just to troll with that crash bug.

xzi

Mouthbreather
How did they do a terrible job? They literally broke their servers because they opened it up for Iron Man 3 release and that shit was posted on multiple facebooks related to marvel / the movie.

I haven't played Spiderman in a really long time but when I did he was total garbage. Of course I think he was still new to the game.. hm