Marvel Heroes 20xx

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
ya, unstable molecules and retcons were made actual droppable items. want to actually use the crafter? you can!

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I don't see them drop very often, but I have ~70 retcons just from doing the quest in chapter 4. I've only been playing for 3 months or so.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't see them drop very often, but I have ~70 retcons just from doing the quest in chapter 4. I've only been playing for 3 months or so.
i got 3 that way then stopped doing that quest. better to leave them on quests than take up room in my stash! of course retcons had smaller stacks back when i was leveling all the characters.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
i got 3 that way then stopped doing that quest. better to leave them on quests than take up room in my stash! of course retcons had smaller stacks back when i was leveling all the characters.
They stack at least to 100, cause my ~70 are in one stack =p

Funkor

Molten Core Raider
Dual spec for Omegas is missing (no idea on ETA if ever), and Rogue's dual spec is annoying because you have to work with the same set of stolen/borrowed powers for all of them. I use it right now to swap from a spec to clear trash in Terminals, and then to a general boss killing/raid spec.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Oh, thought I'd mention. Midtown fortune cards have a cooldown like splinters, think its ~15 minutes? Anyway, someone said midtown boxes can rarely drop the fortune cards, it's not rare, if you happen to be opening boxes when your cooldown is up you'll probably get a card.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ya, I noticed that when leveling iceman. Everytime I went into midtown for a LQ and killed a boss while I was there, the first boss would drop a card.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Worth saving the midtown fortune cards you get while leveling to open on a level 60 character with RIF/SIF gear? Or is it based off the level of the hero it dropped for?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
You may also want to choose your hero that you open them with based on what teams the hero is part of. If you open the character screen, switch from stats to bio in the upper left, scroll to the bottom to see what teams that hero is on. ATM I'm opening them with Venom since he's Marvel Knights and Thunderbolts. Daredevil is another good one, he gets you Avengers, Defenders, and Marvel Knights. Luke Cage is a member of every team except the Guardians and Xmen, so if you don't really care what insig you get open them with him. Avoid opening them with someone who is part of the guardians as they have the least amount of people who can open them and most of the insigs aren't very good anyway.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
So I haven't really followed this since beta, but thinking about trying it again as it sounds like it's much improved. However, would it be better to make a new account or dig up the info for my newbie beta account? Is there some advantage new accounts get that I'd miss out on?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So I haven't really followed this since beta, but thinking about trying it again as it sounds like it's much improved. However, would it be better to make a new account or dig up the info for my newbie beta account? Is there some advantage new accounts get that I'd miss out on?
No advantage for a new account. If you've accumulated anything on the old account, like any extra heroes, you might as well try and dig it up, otherwise you can start fresh.

When I imagine trying to level a brand new character with no relics and no synergy xp bonus, it really makes me shudder.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well I suppose what I mean is the idea of going back to that makes me shudder. I've gotten pretty used to the 200% xp bonus and the ability to put a 1000 stack of lemuria relics on whoever I'm currently leveling. Granted I did do a cosmic prestige on Juggernaut, which is far far worse than leveling someone on a brand new account. Besides, you've never known anything different, so you'll instead notice that xp comes faster and faster the more characters you get leveled up.

On a side note, I got Days of Future Past Wolverine from a Mark 1 costume yesterday, pretty thrilled. First costume I've gotten from a Mark 1 despite opening a few hundred of them, I'm glad I didn't get my 4th fucking bovine sector recipe.

Khane

So which of the new heroes should I buy? I think Star Lord was the last hero released before I quit. Who's the biggest monster?

Khane

Thanks,

Also, do the XP orbs in the Midtown Madness chests scale? In other words if I wait to open chests I got at level 2 til I'm 55 will I get the same exp as the chests that dropped at 55?

Funkor

Molten Core Raider
Thanks,

Also, do the XP orbs in the Midtown Madness chests scale? In other words if I wait to open chests I got at level 2 til I'm 55 will I get the same exp as the chests that dropped at 55?
Not any more, they fucked with that recently so all chests just drop XP for the level range you loot them at. Too many people stacking stashes full of them to level new heroes I guess.