Marvel Heroes 20xx

overbyte

Golden Knight of the Realm
One downside to the active release schedule of new heroes is that it takes away development resources for current or old heroes. Go onto any hero forum and you can find at least one issue which is a reasonable request or quality of life issue for that issue; some are far worse off than others. Balancing all of the classes and specs is going to be an increasingly difficult burden.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Losing Artofrawr was a mixed blessing. Yes, all of his work fucking sucked and had to be redone, but they really are short-handed now.

Kanglor

Silver Knight of the Realm
If you're interested in the IP and enjoy playing a variety of characters than you can get a lot of enjoyment out of the game. Once you dig deeper though you will run into the problems already mentioned, terrible hero balance, boring item system, glacial pace of new content, etc. Problem is only 1-2 of the people there actually play the game in any serious manner, which you can easily see in how poorly tuned the loot system is. Take the raid for instance, I've completed it at least once, many times twice a week since it was in beta, yet only found 1 boss drop(Overseers Mace). So instead of having the thrill of actually finding loot we have to buy it with currency, then reroll it a bunch of times...yeah don't get me started on how badly I want to rip the entire rerolling system out.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The crafting system in general is just abysmal, which is why they are reworking it. Hopefully they don't bungle that. I don't have much confidence.

Requiring 2 unstable molecules for unique rerolling is absurd, especially with the newer hero uniques. Hulk's uniques have like 10 stats a piece all with HUGE variance. There's no way I'd ever even attempt to reroll them.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Is there a consensus "best" terminal hero in the game? For efficiency in red/green and ability to quickly clear cosmic?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well for longer terminals like Hydra or Doom you probably want an actual teleporter. For anything else you can just slap a Ziggurat on anyone and call it a day. And it really doesn't make much difference what hero you use at the highest gear levels, Nightcrawler is one of the weakest heroes in the game but with full top-end gear can still get a 27 second clear time on Cosmic Kurse.

I use Cable for most of my terminal needs, otherwise Cap or Juggernaut are both a good balance of damage and durability.

Khane

Hulk is probably the faceroll easiest because even in Cosmic terminals he can do his sig -> meteor strike (which resets all cooldowns) -> sig combo and any boss will be dead outside of Doom.

And as long as you have a teleporter character you can pretty easily teleport to boss (or a safe room nearby/outside portal) and switch to your boss killer. I do this for all the longer terminals. Hop on Deadpool, teleport to boss, switch to hulk. All of the longer terminals have area where you can easily/safely teleport except for MODOK, and I just max DP's taunt dolls, drop 2 of em, and switch while everything is attacking those.

Tenks

How is Taskmaster? I just bought his bundle because it was only like $6. His sig seems pretty underwhelming which usually defines the damage of most heroes.

Khane

He's weak. He was fairly strong before the new level of power creep on newer heroes and if you have BiS gear he can do respectable damage but he's nowhere near as good as Venom/Hulk/Jugg/Cyclops/Punisher/Cap and levelling him SUCKS. It's almost as bad as Emma.

Tenks

Guess I'll just finish leveling my Cap then. I dropped him at like 25 before he got his rework because I found him mind numbingly boring. I've heard Psylocke is good too but her playstyle isn't really working for me.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
How is Taskmaster? I just bought his bundle because it was only like $6. His sig seems pretty underwhelming which usually defines the damage of most heroes.
Just terrible. Love the character but he's a bag o shit. They said he won't get touched until all the characters he pulls from get their QoL stuff. Maybe by Christmas he'll be playable.

Edit: RE Psylocke. She's my main at the moment, I like her playstyle. Doesn't require 2 hotbars, big burst, a teleport.Bixxby Psylocke - Psylocke - Marvel Heroes - Items Baseomegas probably gotta be redone since I capped during big 10 but that's what I've found is the funnest way to play her for me.

Tenks

Just terrible. Love the character but he's a bag o shit. They said he won't get touched until all the characters he pulls from get their QoL stuff. Maybe by Christmas he'll be playable.
Sounds good. I have too many heroes to really play him at the moment anyways unless he was really fun and OP. Like I said I had Gs and the bundle was cheap. If anything his STASH will become another drop-off location for Any Hero uniques. Emma's is almost full.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Just opened a fuckin Herbie from a Mk 1 card. How many non-costume epics can I get from those goddamn things.

Khane

Cube shards are part of the new Genosha raid crafting recipe purchase price as far as I know right now. So might want to save some.

Dashivax

N00b
You should join a supergroup
Know any good ones that are recruiting? I need to start doing raids to get all the unique upgrade recipes and it seems like no one pugs Greens anymore since its takes like 4 geared people to clear them these days supposedly.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Know any good ones that are recruiting? I need to start doing raids to get all the unique upgrade recipes and it seems like no one pugs Greens anymore since its takes like 4 geared people to clear them these days supposedly.
greens are usually pretty easy to start in the LFG channel. Just start your own, you dont need to actually lead anything in them.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So both Doom and Man-ape drop rates nerfed, which means there is really no reason at all to do Cosmic MM anymore.

The possible rewards for the Axis raids are pretty enticing though. Aside from all the other shit, recipes to upgrade your insignia and medallions to 66 and 69.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
There goes my SWGN farming with this patch. I have gotten 6 SWGN's from cMM over the last few days. Was fun while it lasted.

I do think it is hilarious that trade idiots thought the SWGN market was crashing. I saw some SWGNs going for stupidly low prices because these idiots thought the droprate would never get fixed. I have a few SG members getting SWGNs for 4 GoK's. People who got rid of their SWGN for cheap are probably kicking themselves right about now. SWGN will shortly go back to being the #1 currency (SWGN is currently equal to a Liz Formula) in the next few days, fucking idiot traders...

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
So both Doom and Man-ape drop rates nerfed, which means there is really no reason at all to do Cosmic MM anymore.

The possible rewards for the Axis raids are pretty enticing though. Aside from all the other shit, recipes to upgrade your insignia and medallions to 66 and 69.
Will the new green raid drop whatever the 69 1-5 upgrade recipe currencies are called post patch?

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Will the new green raid drop whatever the 69 1-5 upgrade recipe currencies are called post patch?
No.. But you now have the ability to get 250 tokens per week for the old upgrade recipes (up from 150). You go one red Surtur and 1 green Axis and there is 250 tokens for the gear upgrades. Will be much easier to get to all ilvl 69 now