Marvel Heroes 20xx

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
This week:

New raid
Easter
Can you find all our Easter Eggs?

Did you celebrate Easter by collecting brightly colored eggs when you were younger? This year in Marvel Heroes, we are hosting a very special Easter Egg hunt. Forget egg drops, this hunt will prove how well you know Marvel Heroes!

For each 'Easter egg' found, you will receive on Choco Rabbit. Find all 12 to and receive a special Easter boost and a Mark 1 Fortune Card!

Can you find them all?

Recruit S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent Karl Patrick
Break into Bajillion World Headquarters
Thrash Thrill-Kill Karin
Frag Flash-Bang Bridget
Interrogate Criminal Mastermind Geoff Tuffli
Interrupt Production of Romeo and Juliet
Grab a Drink at the Power Plant
Purify Brother Ryolnir
Cut in Line for Bubble Tea
Beatdown Baron von Lind
Extirpate Hybrid Agent Donais
End Lonely Trevor's Ennui
Keelhaul Che Luck
Omega Event
Girl punisher

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
If anyone is having trouble with Reinforced Casings from the ICP influence daily, they drop from Walter White, so just park yourself at the Aim patrol spawn near the cargo ship in the upper right hand corner and save yourself hours of looking for them.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah I don't mind the weekly one because you can just work on it over the whole week, but we really didn't need yet another daily task. Shit is getting to be worse than WoW at this point.

Dashivax

N00b
I haven't played WoW in a long time so correct me if I am wrong, but marvel heroes has given us 4 options for acquiring influence including the option to simply gain it from killing mobs anywhere in the game, and all 4 of those options contribute to a weekly maximum. So if you don't want to do the daily quest you have 3 other options for maxing your influence each week. How is that possibly worse than WoW?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Yes that is correct, it's not worse than WoW, but it's still a weekly limit, gated to make it so you can't max out for 8 weeks. I really miss the days of "if you want to grind it go ahead, get it as fast as you want"

Kanglor

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yeah, they've pretty much nailed all the ole MMO time sinks, though at least you'll be able to work on the weekly limit while grinding out the 2000 Odin Marks per upgraded legendary.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, they've pretty much nailed all the ole MMO time sinks, though at least you'll be able to work on the weekly limit while grinding out the 2000 Odin Marks per upgraded legendary.
Oh I missed that in the patch notes.

Good thing I'm sitting on 8000 Odin Marks.

Khane

I have over 10k odin marks at this point I think, and I don't plan on getting more than one or two upgraded legendary for the forseeable future.

Which reminds me, I need to figure out what energy hero I want to play. Cyke is out, don't like his playstyle.

Khane

Heh I was just talking about which energy hero I should choose to play as a secondary red raider, most of the guild was saying Iceman, I said "I don't have Iceman", some guy bought and gifted me Iceman...

Dashivax

N00b
Shehulk is gassing out of spirit just traveling.. wtf is up with this release
That is one of the biggestWTF were they thinkingdesign decisions about this game. Why do some heroes have a free cost travel power and not ALL of them, and they are so inconsistent in their effectiveness too. Venom has free travel power that has easily the fastest animation and farthest reach of any non-teleport hero, and then they have shit like Cyclops rolling half the distance with a power cost...

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
That is one of the biggestWTF were they thinkingdesign decisions about this game. Why do some heroes have a free cost travel power and not ALL of them, and they are so inconsistent in their effectiveness too. Venom has free travel power that has easily the fastest animation and farthest reach of any non-teleport hero, and then they have shit like Cyclops rolling half the distance with a power cost...
I think it is a design artifact. It used to be not every hero even had a level 1 movement power when the game was released. I believe many of these spirit-less movement powers (like Sprint or Venom's) come from how they redid some of the tech behind movement powers with Ghostrider. So many heroes that had their 52 previous to Ghostrider (or nearly complete before him) still have somewhat janky roll/lunge movement powers.

Khane

I think it is a design artifact. It used to be not every hero even had a level 1 movement power when the game was released. I believe many of these spirit-less movement powers (like Sprint or Venom's) come from how they redid some of the tech behind movement powers with Ghostrider. So many heroes that had their 52 previous to Ghostrider (or nearly complete before him) still have somewhat janky roll/lunge movement powers.
And then there's Hulk. And while he has free movement powers (none of his skills expend his primary resource at all), his dash is still short range garbage and he gets stuck on EVERYTHING.

The raiding scene is detrimental to my overall enjoyment of this game. I believe that raiding weighs far too much into their design decisions and a lot of their decisions lately have been dubious. Animation lock needs to go, it really, really needs to go. That was a lazy solution to something that wasn't even really a problem. In fact, it just gave the game a nice built in skill gap like LoL. Playing a hero with high amounts of animation lock is an exercise in futility in the new raid and cosmic patrols. They should, at the very least, give the level 1 movement powers on every hero the ability to animation cancel.

Another terrible side effect of the animation locks is that abilities have a short queue time now. If I double tap my Avalanche Leap button on hulk really quick he will just avalanche leap twice, even though I don't want him to. It queues up the second leap til after the first is finished and then finally fires the next key press ability after that, even if I am no longer pressing it after the second Avalanche Leap. It's really frustrating.

Dashivax

N00b
Yeah I couldn't play Hulk for exactly the reasons you described, which is too bad because he has a really fun playstyle otherwise.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
came back to check out the patch and its everything i hate about the game wrapped up into one.

more useless shit to make you buy bank tabs? check
more insane power creep they cant possibly hope to sustain? check
more daily shit to make you do out of date content due to the power creep? check

going to take a break from this one for a while.