Marvel Heroes 20xx

Kanglor

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yep, I've been teetering the last couple months, and this patch pretty much pushed me over the edge. Tacking a rep system on top of the currency model, then killing the loot in cosmic MM/IC, plus adding StarkTech items which look like a pain in the ass to acquire. I might check out Vision/Doom, but other than that I'm probably out until some actual non raid content comes out that's fun, ie Danger Room(in 6-8 months).

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Agreed. They've really nailed down the whole "make everything as annoying as possible" aspect of the game. And they are spending entirely too much time and resources on raids.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
streamer friend of mine has a poll up to see what hes going to play for the next week or so while he waits for PoE act 4. Id like some help making sure marvel heroes wins.
Straw Poll

overbyte

Golden Knight of the Realm
I have over 10k odin marks at this point I think, and I don't plan on getting more than one or two upgraded legendary for the forseeable future.

Which reminds me, I need to figure out what energy hero I want to play. Cyke is out, don't like his playstyle.
Jean and MsMarvel are both energy and are reasonably solid numbers wise. Most of the other energy characters didn't suit me so they made it to 50 for synergy bonus, so I cant really comment on them.

Trying to get caught back up with omega kinda sucks, and now there's another treadmill to climb with influence. Ugh.

Khane

Jean and MsMarvel are both energy and are reasonably solid numbers wise. Most of the other energy characters didn't suit me so they made it to 50 for synergy bonus, so I cant really comment on them.

Trying to get caught back up with omega kinda sucks, and now there's another treadmill to climb with influence. Ugh.
I was thinking about Jean but ended up going with Iceman instead because some good samaritan in my guild just bought him for me for some reason.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
I was thinking about Jean but ended up going with Iceman instead because some good samaritan in my guild just bought him for me for some reason.
Iceman is very solid, especially summoner build. I basically afk during holosim with him. He is pretty OP in the first fight of the new raid. Invisible Woman is very good now too

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Jean is powerful but really obnoxious to play from my experience. Way way too much animation lock on her, much moreso than any of the other ~15 chars I've played to 60.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I've played Hulk, and IMO yes. Hulk isn't quite animation lock so much as a tad clunky due to his size. His travel power still fires off better than hers, though (her dash, not fly, obviously).

But Hulk smashes just fine. Jean's just really annoying to play, or at least the powerset I'm using is. Weaving multiple abilities is an exercise in frustration and extremely delayed/locked queue shit.

Khane

Hulk smashes because of his invuln status during knuckleduster and meteor strike animations. But his gamma strike and especially his avalanche leap and cratering stomp suffer from some of the worst animation lock in the game that I've seen. I played Jean to 60 and don't really remember her animation lock being nearly as bad as Hulk's. Hulk's end game raid build is animation lock central. I mean, Gamma Strike has a base attack speed of 1.1 per second, that's almost an entire second of animation lock. Even at 25% attack speed which is where that stat falls off a cliff with diminishing returns it's still only 1.4 attacks per second, so over half a second of animation lock, on his spam ability.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I definitely get what you're saying. Maybe it's just so much more noticable because she's a ranged hero. That stuff never bothered me with Hulk.

Rathgar_sl

shitlord
Gonna play devil's advocate here, but I think they did the influence system the way they did because people have had along time to stack the 50K, 200K and 500K chest. Keep in mind, the influence is nothing but a vendor level thing, and it only takes 799,500 exp (Crafting - Official Marvel Heroes Wiki) to get a "current" vendor to max level. If they did it the way they did the other vendors, some people would have maxed the vendor in a few minutes from the servers coming online that day.

overbyte

Golden Knight of the Realm
Jean's worst animation lock is her signature. She really doesn't have a rotation per se. Psychic Lethargy and Mind Crush every 8 seconds, wack a mole with Kinetic Wave and Signature, and rip off Dark Phoenix when the pms bar fills up. My biggest gripe with her is that she's a ranged character more or less forced into melee for Corona and wave.

Let me know if you enjoy iceman. I might pick him up. I'm currently working on gearing Psylocke and Squirrel Girl.

Khane

Iceman is really fun and satisfying to play. You can choose a lazy summoner build, an active beam weaving ranged build, hybrid versions of the two, and all of them are red raid viable with good TTK and decent survivability.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
a lot of banned people popping up on the MH forums, did I miss something?

Goatface

oh not doomsaw, it will be one the "overzealous" community people, they don't really mean to ban and shadow ban disagreements
if they even knowledge something happened.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So Marvel Heroes disappeared from my steam library, and when I try to run the executable directly from the folder it prompts me for a 30 gig install despite already being installed to my computer. Anyone know a fix for this that doesn't involve a complete reinstall? Google hasn't helped so far.

*edit*

Apparently running the installer makes it discover the already installed files, we'll see if everything works normally once it's finished.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
New DD costume is sweet as hell

DYmb26d.jpg

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
achievements made their way to test. Completly uninspired. Do XXX 1000 times over and get some credits type stuff.