Marvel Heroes 20xx

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just got back into this, in game name is dbishop and I started human torch. Pretty fun so far.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
RipNRage, what G codes do you speak of? Ebay stuff? The cost for bank space in game is dumbbbb.
Its the 2600 G code that was gotten from buying an Nvidia card but a bunch got stolen and was getting sold on Ebay as well. You cannot be banned from using it though. One per account.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Sounds like a EQ1 Ranger
wink.png
Nope. If that were true, he wouldn't be wanted in groups.

Tonic_sl

shitlord
Its the 2600 G code that was gotten from buying an Nvidia card but a bunch got stolen and was getting sold on Ebay as well. You cannot be banned from using it though. One per account.
Oh shit. Bummer I didn't see that train sooner, would have hopped on. =(

Dizzam_sl

shitlord
Pretty fun. I'm only level 11; playing as human torch. Does the game ever get harder? So far it's been extraordinarily easy.

Duppin_sl

shitlord
It gets harder to an extent, but it's never a super hard game until you get into cosmics. Even those aren't hard with the right character/gear/build.

Seeing how far you can get in Xdef is fun though.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Got Storm to 60 yesterday afternoon. I did the first two cosmics and beat them, but it was a pain in the ass. Partially due to gear, but I also think that I may have to use Gusting Tempest instead of Freezing, at least until I get the uniques that reflect ~40% of projectiles. At the moment I have purple in slot 1, cosmics in 2/3/4, and her unique in slot 5. The unique is pretty close to ideal despite being level 50, the rest will need replacing eventually.

For powers I have 20's in Spirited, Freezing Tempest, Lightning Storm, Crashing Hail, Ball Lightning; 1's in Refreshing Breeze, Turbulent Winds, Stunning Bolt, and Windy Flight, and the remaining points in Quickening Breeze. Was thinking about switching to this buildheresince I have all the artifacts he listed, as well as a very similar X-gene.

I have over 200 Odins from leveling with legendary quests, but I am lost as to which one to buy when I hit 300. The build I linked says to use casket or gungnir, but that gungnir will have serious spirit problems due to having to use Hela blessings instead of Odins. That's my biggest issue now, besides getting killed by projectiles, so I definitely want to avoid it. Other people say to use cosmic control rod or m'kraan crystal instead.

Any recommendations?

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
use gungnir and a runeword to alleviate spirit issues. river of souls is cheap and will return 6 spirit a second. or if you like xdef, mkraan crystal. its proc is basically cheating and will give you a ton of spirit.

i think im going to wrap up my time in game. Im burnt out on arpgs and while leveling characters in this is fun, i dont enjoy grinding end game to find items. I got scarlet witch out of a random last night and wasnt excited at all to have a new hero, tells me its time to quit.

Jefferson_sl

shitlord
i think im going to wrap up my time in game. Im burnt out on arpgs and while leveling characters in this is fun, i dont enjoy grinding end game to find items. I got scarlet witch out of a random last night and wasnt excited at all to have a new hero, tells me its time to quit.
I wound up trying Final Fantasy 14, it's gotten way better. South Park: The Stick of Truth comes out tomorrow as well.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
use gungnir and a runeword to alleviate spirit issues. river of souls is cheap and will return 6 spirit a second. or if you like xdef, mkraan crystal. its proc is basically cheating and will give you a ton of spirit.

I quit this game all the time.
smile.png

I love this game but in short dose, usually play for a week or two, then stop for month or so. I essentially get back every time they introduce a new hero or new content and level a hero to 60. Got moon knight to 60 this weekend, and got my Loki from 40 to 52, will most likely get Loki to 60 this week, and either take a break again or finish Daredevil who is now 45.

Then I'll wait for Doctor Strange.
smile.png

I love the leveling grind, hate the gear grind at 60 though.
smile.png

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Why do people like Gusting Tempest on Storm? I tried it with an item that granted it (~25 skill after bonuses) and all I see a resists everywhere and nothing is dying. FT clears the entire screen even on cosmics...

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
It is interesting going back and forth between this and D3. One thing I have noticed is MH is a much more fast-paced game in general, and I am sick of moving (running) at a snail's pace in D3. It seems my characters in MH run at like 2-3x the speed and attach at double the speed. Marvel Heroes just seems incredibly more fluid, D3 being slow and clunky.

RipNRage_sl

shitlord
I'm not sure if I could go back to D3. I played it on xbox when it came out that had the loot 2.0, and it was a big improvement. Playing another character in that game was essentially pointless but I did it just to have variety, and I had the gear. What they are doing with paragon levels seems interesting, but leaves you with one character who will be super l33t if you dump all the points into it. I like the synergy system in MH and the way they can push content on a weekly basis keeps it fun.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I get tired of different things in each game and am currently flip flopping between them. A lot of shit out in March that will break that habit, but it's more likely than anything I'll take a break from MH until more heroes are released.

Dudebro_sl

shitlord
It is interesting going back and forth between this and D3. One thing I have noticed is MH is a much more fast-paced game in general, and I am sick of moving (running) at a snail's pace in D3. It seems my characters in MH run at like 2-3x the speed and attach at double the speed. Marvel Heroes just seems incredibly more fluid, D3 being slow and clunky.
I know what you mean, some friends got me to play D3 with them after the patch and holy shit did it feel slow without the spammable movement power everyone gets.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm just playing for fun now, casually. I figure I'll get enough shards for a random hero and see what I get to determine if I continue. It is fun blowing crap up though.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
So after a decent amount of playtime both with and without inflated rare item find and reading the forums and talking to others in my supergroup, RIF seems "bugged" when it comes to uniques.

From Friday to Sunday I was running with approximately 60% RIF and was getting approximately 1 unique every 2 to 2.5 x-def runs (I got a shitload of uniques this weekend). Yesterday I popped a ton of RIF which put me at 410% and in 16 x-def runs not a single unique dropped. Now I know that sample size is terrible and this is anecdotal but many other people seem to agree that something is up with RIF and unique drops. I got almost no whites with that much RIF which makes sense and is to be expected. I got a few more purple items and about the same amount of cosmics. I've had inflated RIF on several other occasions and while Artifact drops seem to go through the roof uniques plummet (though before the loot changes this weekend I didn't really notice it because they were much more rare)

I'm wondering if uniques get a separate roll, as in first the game rolls to see if an item will be "magic" (green or better) then if not does a separate roll to see if it will be unique. Upping RIF makes it so that first roll pretty much always succeeds and so the unique roll never gets initiated. That seems like a completely retarded system but worse systems have been in other games (or it's just a bug).