Marvel Heroes 20xx

Yeah , the events have made me spoiled and when one isnt going on i feel cheated somehow. Sigh , on that note been playing Hulk and man he is one bad ass , using the new axe legendary and the unstoppable force runeword is making him one awesome person. Been grinding Cosmic Jugger as he does hella well in that and has no problem rounding up mass amounts of elites and just jumping them to death hehe. But i still need his damn 1 slot unique and getting lvl 60 versions of his 2 and 5 but all in all still love this game. Also , do the Day runes drop cause i have yet to see one other then the daily one you get?

I've gotten 2 day runes after they upped the drop rates, still way too rare. Dev posted they're upping the drop rate again and extending the duration that beast will sell the recipes. I feel I'd be lucky to just buy one of the recipes. Forget about getting all 3.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Yeah , the events have made me spoiled and when one isnt going on i feel cheated somehow. Sigh , on that note been playing Hulk and man he is one bad ass , using the new axe legendary and the unstoppable force runeword is making him one awesome person. Been grinding Cosmic Jugger as he does hella well in that and has no problem rounding up mass amounts of elites and just jumping them to death hehe. But i still need his damn 1 slot unique and getting lvl 60 versions of his 2 and 5 but all in all still love this game. Also , do the Day runes drop cause i have yet to see one other then the daily one you get?
That chest even without events normally drops way more stuff at wave 23. Like 4-5 relics, 2-3 cosmics, an artifact or two, maybe some runes or insignias. Like 15-25 items total. The event chests were dropping even more than that. It dropped about the same amount of stuff as a non boss wave. Was wondering if anyone else had this problem.

RipNRage_sl

shitlord
It's seems that's xdef was nerfed horribly, not sure if it was intentional or not. But people are stating that on the forums. Looks like bosses are still dropping lunar dragons, and event stuff still as well. I got a couple of them doing a few Jugg runs yesterday. Hopefully it gets fixed/tuned with the next patch.

Ancallagon

Silver Knight of the Realm
Ok, so geez, didn't know that by going Colossus to start I was playing ez-mode. What a difference with Hawkeye.

Got Colossus to 60, and could do Cosmic terminals quite well right off the bat - would die a few times, particularly to one shot style mechanics (Kurse terminal, the giant charges would sometimes splat me). But could pretty handily do them - not super quick, about 8-10 minutes per run, but definitely doable.

Decided to level Hawkeye (I like archers pewpew), and already by 22 I've died more times than ever did on Colossus while leveling. Obviously I have to learn to use his skills better and can't just brute force like Colossus (duh, not a tank), but it's definitely much more difficult than I would have expected. No, I'm not saying leveling is actually hard, but I expected all of the basic leveling to just be faceroll like it was for Colossus. Yeah, Hawkeye's dps is pretty crazy, even leveing I notice I mow things down way quicker than Colossus, but just can't take a hit at all. Now I see why it would be awful tricky for some classes to do cosmic terms at 60.

But, still definitely loving the game - well worth the money I gave them, since I've now put more time into this game than any Xbox 360/One game that I've bought in recent memory. Got a bunch of heroes to try out, and level to get the synergy bonuses and whatnot.

Thanks for the input over the past couple weeks.

Only thing I wish I'd known in advance/was warned of somewhere - Save all uniques. During the loot pi?ata of the big ten events, I donated so many uniques because they just didn't seem that rare and I didn't know i'd be able to convert 3 of them into something special later on or whatever the crafter offers. Now that there aren't those loot pi?ata events, I'm finding uniques much more rare. Ah well, live and learn.

Thanks

Kanglor

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yeah Colossus is a beast, he's really one of the most well rounded heroes in the game, especially as a melee. I leveled Hawkeye before his rework, and while it wasn't all that fun, I found his Tear Gas arrow extremely helpful. Many of the glass cannon type heroes don't tend to shine while leveling, but once you get them geared out it changes. From what I hear Hawkeye can clear cosmic terminals very fast as well.

Kasted_sl

shitlord
Hawkeye is one of my characters that I have pretty much loaded out. I can generally do cosmic Modok in about 5 to 6 minutes with getting the full bounty. Tear gas, taunt arrow, and any other aoe are just a great combo that melts groups and keeps them off of you mostly.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ok, so geez, didn't know that by going Colossus to start I was playing ez-mode. What a difference with Hawkeye.

Got Colossus to 60, and could do Cosmic terminals quite well right off the bat - would die a few times, particularly to one shot style mechanics (Kurse terminal, the giant charges would sometimes splat me). But could pretty handily do them - not super quick, about 8-10 minutes per run, but definitely doable.

Decided to level Hawkeye (I like archers pewpew), and already by 22 I've died more times than ever did on Colossus while leveling. Obviously I have to learn to use his skills better and can't just brute force like Colossus (duh, not a tank), but it's definitely much more difficult than I would have expected. No, I'm not saying leveling is actually hard, but I expected all of the basic leveling to just be faceroll like it was for Colossus. Yeah, Hawkeye's dps is pretty crazy, even leveing I notice I mow things down way quicker than Colossus, but just can't take a hit at all. Now I see why it would be awful tricky for some classes to do cosmic terms at 60.

But, still definitely loving the game - well worth the money I gave them, since I've now put more time into this game than any Xbox 360/One game that I've bought in recent memory. Got a bunch of heroes to try out, and level to get the synergy bonuses and whatnot.

Thanks for the input over the past couple weeks.

Only thing I wish I'd known in advance/was warned of somewhere - Save all uniques. During the loot pi?ata of the big ten events, I donated so many uniques because they just didn't seem that rare and I didn't know i'd be able to convert 3 of them into something special later on or whatever the crafter offers. Now that there aren't those loot pi?ata events, I'm finding uniques much more rare. Ah well, live and learn.

Thanks
I noticed how squishy hawkeye was when switching to even rocket raccoon who is not that tanky either. With hawkeye I died a number of times while leveling up and rocket I am level 50 and died I think once to me going to get something from the fridge. Hawkeye seems to do great damage but he needs somebody/something to block for him.

Khane

I noticed how squishy hawkeye was when switching to even rocket raccoon who is not that tanky either. With hawkeye I died a number of times while leveling up and rocket I am level 50 and died I think once to me going to get something from the fridge. Hawkeye seems to do great damage but he needs somebody/something to block for him.
Well his taunt arrow is pretty OP. It even works on bosses. Couple that with the team-ups and he's pretty safe. How do you guys build hawkeye? Is tear gas arrow better than the fire explode arrow? Is taunt arrow a one point wonder or does it scale well?

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well his taunt arrow is pretty OP. It even works on bosses. Couple that with the team-ups and he's pretty safe. How do you guys build hawkeye? Is tear gas arrow better than the fire explode arrow? Is taunt arrow a one point wonder or does it scale well?
I have just started so I did not have the teamups yet. I can see how that would help him a lot he really needs a buddy to help distract things while he works. I am sure at higher levels he is probably amazing because I can already tell his damage is very high. I think he probably was not my best choice for starter hero hehe. I unlocked a couple more heroes storm and rocket and since I see a metric ton of storms flouncing about I figured what the hell give the raccoon a try and he has been pretty fun. He is a good choice for a minion master type build.

Khane

Man... I'm running almost 300% bonus exp via synergies and boosts and it's taking 5-6 LQ's per level at 50+.... I don't remember it taking more than 3 until like level 58... WTF is going on?

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Man... I'm running almost 300% bonus exp via synergies and boosts and it's taking 5-6 LQ's per level at 50+.... I don't remember it taking more than 3 until like level 58... WTF is going on?
Maybe that was when holiday/weekend bonuses were activated, I find myself wondering about that too sometimes.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
I have just started so I did not have the teamups yet. I can see how that would help him a lot he really needs a buddy to help distract things while he works. I am sure at higher levels he is probably amazing because I can already tell his damage is very high. I think he probably was not my best choice for starter hero hehe. I unlocked a couple more heroes storm and rocket and since I see a metric ton of storms flouncing about I figured what the hell give the raccoon a try and he has been pretty fun. He is a good choice for a minion master type build.
There are almost no terrible hero choices anymore. Though there is definitely a top tier in terms of heroes, most fall into the good/really good with only a few "meh" heroes. Any hero with a level 52 review done should have no issues and some of ones who haven't are still pretty good/will be even better eventually.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Is there a list somewhere on their forum that has which heroes have had their reviews and which haven't? Some of you reference timelines and I'm not sure if you just know this stuff from keeping up with it or if there's a place to check.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I feel like there is no possible version of the 52 review for Cyclops where ricochet blast doesn't get nerfed into the ground. Because it pretty much has to for them to buff any other power he has. If he actually had a respectable single target dps power, he'd be one of the strongest heroes in the game.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Hmm new tiny patch, nothing too special but apparently they're changing a lot of stuff with enemies. Hopefully this means 99% of the enemies in this game won't be pushovers and I may have to pay attention.

Patch Overview

We have a small patch for you this week, focused primarily on Invisible Woman quality of life good stuff and many small bug fixes.

We are working around the clock on the huge One Year Anniversary patch, which will effectively conclude our 2013-2014 season and start the 2014-2015 season (which is how we're looking at it internally).

The 2014 season wrap-up concludes our Asgard storyline, with the big raid on Surtur's domain, and sets us up for the Marvel Heroes 2015 season that starts off with a mysterious threat against Earth and ramps up throughout the year with some out-of-this world encounters.

Stay tuned for more in the coming weeks with dev blogs from multiple members of the team and some sneak previews of new systems, new enemies, new zones, new features and more.
Bounty Hunter Week

A mysterious thief has stolen research from A.R.M.O.R. (Alternate Reality Monitoring and Operational Response) and jumped through multiple alternate realities, dispersing Research Drives to super villains in each of them at a high price. Jocasta is on point for this mystery, and is sending heroes to various alternate realities to collect those Research Drives in exchange for various rewards. Heroes will receive a notice via Jocasta every 3 hours as to what super villains have been discovered to be holding Research Drives! Note: This event begins on Friday.

For more details, see here:Bounty Hunter Week! - Marvel Heroes

Invisible Woman

We like to continue to iterate on heroes after they launch, using the benefits of many thousands of players using the hero. For Invisible Woman, we have some solid quality of life and tuning improvements this patch:

Storm of Spheres - Increased damage through various tuning flag fixes.

Force Disc - Increased damage through various tuning flag fixes. (Doomsaw Note: Isn't it nice when tuning flag fixes increase damage?)

Force Pillar - Added scaling health to the Pillar.

Seeker Orbs - Changed cooldown to 4s to increase damage tuning flags.

The Crusher - Damage greatly increased. We are working on improving the responsiveness of this power or otherwise changing it's implementation.

Invisibility - Increased duration to 2.5 seconds.

Crashing Wave Style - Third hit increase to +100% damage (from 50%) and deals a small AOE on hit.

Combat Force Fields - The DoT effect of this passive now places Force Fields on enemies heads. Increased the chance on hit from 20% to 40%

Powers which apply a passive DoT have received another tuning pass to ensure they are comparable to each other and have correct tags.
Item Grade

Relic, Medal and Artifact Tooltips have been updated with new stat: Item Grade

Item Grade represents the quality of that item and will be applied to other item types once we're 100% sure that it is working properly.
Item and Power Changes

All of our Terminal Bosses now have an exclusive loot item that can only be dropped by them.

Projectile Reflection now has a maximum cap of 90% chance, regardless of it's source.

Enemy Changes

Several enemies have had AI upgrades, damage tuning, loot upgrades and animation upgrades. Example: Wizard's disc damage has been decreased.

A much more comprehensive enemy AI upgrade and power upgrade pass is coming in approximately 2 weeks, which will include improved visual warning indicators for many powers, many new powers, new enemy mechanics and some other fun stuff, including HYDRA pilots who eject from their damaged mechs to fight you on foot.
Bug Fixes

Fixed an issue where Charge Up powers were not receiving their 200% damage bonus on a full charge.

Fixed an issue where Black Panther's Wrath of Bast was not giving damage rating for the full 3 seconds.

Fixed an issue with Invisible Woman's stat progression that was giving her 4 Fighting at level 38 rather than the intended 3.

Fixed an issue where Squirrel Girl's passive squirrels would last for 20 seconds instead of 30 seconds.

Projectile Deflection should now correctly add up totals between items and powers in the Stats sheet.

Fixed an issue where some passive DoTs would active some effects far too often and some would never activate them.

Fixed an issue where Invisible Woman would not receive damage rating from the Madame Hydra medallion.

Fixed an issue where the uniques Doreen's Claws and Drop Leg Holster's proc effects would not fire.

Fixed an issue with several passive DOT powers doing too little or too much damage depending on how they were programmed.

Fixed an issue where the Channeled Beam portion of Iron Man's Ultimate could not crit.

MGH Brutes will no longer slide upon entering the environment.

Fixed an issue where the bonus from Animal Balloons could stack in effectiveness in addition to duration.

Fixed an issue where Scarlet Witch's Enervating Hex could not crit.

Fixed an issue where Moon Knight's Crescent Dart Throw was only ticking once per second.

Fixed an issue where Rocket Raccoon's ultimate ability could not crit.
Known Issues

Green Terminal Juggernaut is not participating in the Bounty Hunter Week event due to his busy schedule. Red and Cosmic Terminal has all the Bounty Hunter goodness and challenges you to come get some.

Ms. Marvel's Binary costume fix should be coming shortly so she looks good and correct at all times.

Oh and some of the rewards for Bounty Hunter week starting this weekend.

http://imgur.com/ZIGy9fq