Marvel Heroes 20xx

earthfell

Golden Knight of the Realm
I like both Loki and Emma and have them both at 60 with full uniques.

Emma really has only one viable build, Omega Telepath+Hellfire Mistress hybrid. I've never seen anyone play her as pure Diamond form. That said, both Emma and Loki deal huge amounts of aoe and dot damage. They are very similar in a lot of ways, except that you can NOT currently play Emma as a summoner because her mind controlled minion is pitiful even after investing in summoner gear.

All of Loki's trees are good. I hear the summoner build is effective (though I'm not a fan of it), and the other trees give you good options for dots and aoe. Loki also has amazing survivability (not so with Emma), because he has a no cooldown teleport that also makes him invisible and summons an image (extremely valuable in this kind of game, obviously), and his summons take a lot of the aggro. Loki is much easier to play because you will die a lot less and you can port around very quickly. All Emma has for travel is a dash. Loki should also be a much better farmer than Emma, and his synergy is better than hers.

I think test center is up, so I suggest getting on it and trying them both for free. But overall, Loki has more benefits.

joz123

Potato del Grande
So I havent played this since beta and I only have Thing and Daredevil to play as and both are lvl 1. Which one would be faster/easier to get to 30 with for the gifts?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You could also just create a new account and have a larger pool of starter heroes to choose from.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I didn't realize the raid loot wasn't in game. I guess that explains the shit loot.

I'd hope you have a guaranteed raid drop the first time you kill each boss each week but I guess we'll see. As it stands right now you should get more than 2 cosmic chests worth of loot. You should get like 6. These bosses take a while to kill and everyone in the group has to be in close to BiS gear to be able to do slag in his current form (unless there is a mechanic to the fight I am just missing).

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Looks like Michael Mayhem, the guy who designed Loki and Dr. Strange, is doing the Storm review. So she probably won't need an extra few weeks after her review goes live to actually be good, unlike Wolverine.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
So I picked Punisher and I'm level 24 now, but have no idea what I should be doing. Do I just grind out the story missions or what? Legendary quests were the first sort of hard thing so far, as in I actually had to use a medkit once and couldn't just spam full auto to instantly clear rooms, but the rewards seem pretty nice, so can I just do legendary stuff forever? What's the deal with the huge requirement open world quests, like kill 1000 dudes and defeat 8 bosses etc, the rewards on them seem shitty?

Khane

The huge requirement quests are new with this patch, they are Shared (group quests) that can also be done solo. Essentially as they stand right now they are just supplemental quests you can work towards completing while you do Legendary Quests. Legendaries are the best way to level, they offer the best exp, good rewards and drop Odin marks which are used to by legendary items (the most powerful items in the game) and to bless your artifacts.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Shared quests are pretty shit but give omega orbs so there's that, also the rewards are item boxes so you can stack them for when you reach 60 and hope you get uniques or whatever out of them. If you don't play a decent amount, definitely not worth doing, but otherwise they kinda autocomplete as you're doing legendary quests.

Mostly you chain LQs and at some point you go back and clear the story quickly(you skip everything and just kill the bosses) to unlock the waypoints and grab the stat/skill point rewards. Technically only need to do specific quests for like skill points/health/spirit, but as a first char you don't have the waypoints to do exactly what you want. Might unlock a bunch of them from doing LQs though so might not need it or you can wait until 60 to do all that shit at once. Leveling seems pretty fast but slows down after 40 quite a bit, I think I'll pop my small xp boosts from quest rewards and use them in manhattan tomorrow.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Khane or any other BP players--thoughts on Satan Claw being useful at 60 compared to Knives of Zawavari or Dragonfang? Reason I ask is because I have a Satan Claw now but would have to upgrade it to 60, and I don't have either of the others. I haven't opened up my anniversary boxes with uniques in them yet though, so that may change.

Also, do the 800 defense uru-forged chestplates still drop? I have gotten tons of the dps ones but have only ever seen one defense that I got on Storm back when I first started playing the game.

Goatface

started this back up, anyone got any tips for a 42 Thing. all the builds i see are for geared 60's.

also are s.t.a.s.h tabs the only thing you can not earn in game? they gave me 550g and pretty much zero chance i will ever buy a hero/costume.

Satan's claw for BP is really good. I use the knives with a +8 to predator's frenzy since that is my main single target dps. I don't use any of the other skills it gives a buff to. You can always unbind uniques later, it is really expensive and requires an unstable molecule though. I use the 800 defense urus on everyone too. All the urus still drop. If you ask in social or trade you can usually ask for freebies. Or I can give you one.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
started this back up, anyone got any tips for a 42 Thing. all the builds i see are for geared 60's.

also are s.t.a.s.h tabs the only thing you can not earn in game? they gave me 550g and pretty much zero chance i will ever buy a hero/costume.
Builds still tend to work for lower levels, most of the loot drops at both low level and cap, so if a specific medal/artifact is recommended, you just want your own level's. For leveling though you just equip whatever.

Stash not findable ingame yeah, so definitely worth spending money on if you don't have enough.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
so after bothering support staffs, i have now received random hero boxes from both events. Got moon knight and spiderman. 100% worth it.

Khane

Khane or any other BP players--thoughts on Satan Claw being useful at 60 compared to Knives of Zawavari or Dragonfang? Reason I ask is because I have a Satan Claw now but would have to upgrade it to 60, and I don't have either of the others. I haven't opened up my anniversary boxes with uniques in them yet though, so that may change.

Also, do the 800 defense uru-forged chestplates still drop? I have gotten tons of the dps ones but have only ever seen one defense that I got on Storm back when I first started playing the game.
Satan Claw isn't bad at all, it's quite good for a physical BP, but it's VERY expensive to upgrade a unique to level 60 so keep that in mind. Dragonfang would still be my choice over anything else but Knives are a lot better now that you can get skills to level 50 rather than having a cap at 40. I don't have a well rolled knives so that's why the choice for dragonfang is an easy one. The Shocker unique weapon is pretty good too.

Honestly it won't take you long to find a unique slot 1 at level 60 so I wouldn't spend the money upgrading Satan Claw.

Really, the only problem I have with knives is the only + skill I would make use of with my build is predator's frenzy. If I used an enervating slash build knives would be a no-brainer.

Djay

Trakanon Raider

My favorite build involves the movement power where you shoulder charge into a group of enemies. Then I get the AoE that taunts targets (and load up on gear that includes +s to taunted foes). Then it's basically the biggest haymaker I have. I also do Guardian Aura, but I'm sure one of the more offensive auras would be better for leveling. Get the innate defense and thorny barrier skills, and that's pretty much how I play him. Oh yeah, there's also the buff that makes him hit harder.

Rush into mobs, AE, then pound them with normal fists for weaks and haymakers for strongs. On bosses, Pulverizing Fury or whatever it's called usually does the job.

Sorry for the lack of names, but I'm watching the NBA Finals and figured you would be able to figure out what skills I was talking about.