Marvel Snap

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I started screwing around with this yesterday after reading about it here. I ended up playing matches for almost 10 hours straight. I can't remember the last time I played a game that long, but the time flew by. I checked the time expecting it to be midnight'ish, but it was fucking 4:30 in the morning.

The game is 'kinda' fun and tinkering around with decks as I got new cards was interesting but toward the end of my marathon session I started to feel like the game was already getting a bit stale. I'm sure I'll randomly play it, but it's definitely not something I'm going to spend a single dime on.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Part of me wonders if all opponents are human because I get some real boneheaded opponents and bad AI is the only explanation.
This is a deal breaker for me.

Makes you feel good and spend money, then either increase difficulty or introduce real players to make you spend more money to keep up.

Madikus

Knows nothing.
only cosmetically upgrading existing cards or getting cometic variants of already existing cards in your collection.
Ackshually, upgrading your cosmetics is the primary way you unlock more cards. Spending money on instant boosts, buying gold to convert to credits and paying for the battle pass all make significant contributions to your collection. I'm nearing 300 now and if I were to use my current deck vs the one I started with, it would be no contest.

That being said, the game has been fun and I plan to continue playing. All the cards you get are of course random, so you could very well get some great synergies early and be very competitive.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah for mobile this is not bad. Im having fun without constantly being bugged to spend moneys. That being said I did buy the $3 noob pack with Cpt America just to support the game.

Indyocracy

Stock Pals Participant
<Gold Donor>
Yea credits are the limiting factor for progression, you can spend $$ to get more quests or for credits directly but both are hard limited daily. You will progress much faster spending money but you face people with different card "pools", so it isn't like you are getting crushed by whales. Pool 1 is basically collection level 1-214, then there are like 25 new cards between 215 and 474, this is the slog of the game. Pool 3 is the rest of the collection levels and has 75 cards.

While you won't face whales, the difference between a few good unlocks is massive so spend the gold you get wisely. Extra daily quests gets you season pass xp as well so it is pretty good bang for your buck. If you plan to spend any cash the Cpt America bundle gives a ton of gold and its a good card for swarm strats which are popular in pool 1, possibly the best deck.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I'm probably far enough up the Season Pass ladder...and have put enough time into the game, that buying the Season Pass is probably worth it for me. I despise Captain America, so avoiding that bundle out of spite/principle.
My Odin deck isn't as overpowered without the double on-reveal location, but it's still good. Also have an Ongoing Onslaught deck I switch to if I get bored with that. I like when they feature a location so I can build a deck around that...the random locations probably do a lot to keep one type of deck from dominating.

Fidlen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ive stalled considerably on the 50 bracket with regards to levelling. 1-50 was no problem but after that I hit the new tier of cards and most games are either a opponent bailed or its a 50/50 chance on whether I play location x or y and if they play the same or opposite to determine a winner. Hit 360 ish on the unlocks and still havent hit the cards I want (vision).

Madikus

Knows nothing.
Ive stalled considerably on the 50 bracket with regards to levelling. 1-50 was no problem but after that I hit the new tier of cards and most games are either a opponent bailed or its a 50/50 chance on whether I play location x or y and if they play the same or opposite to determine a winner. Hit 360 ish on the unlocks and still havent hit the cards I want (vision).
Same here. I flew to 53, and now float between 47 and 52.

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
Hovering around 55-60. Unlocked all of pool 2. Haven't had an urge to log in for days now. Think I'm burnt out for now

Indyocracy

Stock Pals Participant
<Gold Donor>
Yea I am in pool 2 now, the slog isnreql. Pulled unfun cards to start sadly

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
KaZoo deck FTW, basically 65% win rate all the way into from 1-2+. And you can even use it in 3 with some minor changes.

• 2Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Different variants but basically a "zoo" deck which is term taken from Magic the gathering which basically has you unload all of your cheap 1 cards (which were animals in MTG) and then buff the shit out of them at the end using Kazar and Blue Marvel.

Something like this...

1667700223057.png

I opted to replace Korg with Iron fist which gives y9u some board mobility. I also didnt like Strong Guy either. After playing this above deck for a few hours NOT ONCE did I proc him with having an empty hand so I opted to relace him with Vulturre which is a 3-3 but if you use iron fist to move him he becomes a 3-8 and also lets you get into the places that cant be played. I also like wolfsbane over Bishop. Basically same shit but you have to play Bishop at turn 3 to get full value and hope you draw him by then. To me Wolfsbane is safer alternative where you keep him till you have a place with 3 cards and plop him down towards end of game. I like Rocket Racoon over Blade too. Because if you hit with Rocket you get a 4 power out of it.

YOu could also opt to put in armor in there to protect the 1s from deletion in pool two where yo have killmonger card basically killing all of your 1s.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Indyocracy

Stock Pals Participant
<Gold Donor>
Yea I am at the point now where I face a lot of Killmonger to wipe out my Kazar zerg or Sangchi to murder my Dinos. I really wanna unlock cloak for the move deck

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Snap is a breath of fresh air coming from HS and LOR.

Downloaded this weekend and I am just getting into Pool 2 cards, rank 55 atm.
I'm not much of a fan of the monetization plan, coming from LoR where I spend $0 every expansion and go full unlock day 1...
It seems like the Event pass schedule is really fast, probably won't be buying them too often, I don't really care about variants at all

Still a lot of questions, and too soon to know if I'll burn out on it.
Fast games is a big positive though, and a lot of room for outplays

• 1Like