Marvel Snap

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Tananthalas

<Gold Donor>
I just wanted to add on to this that it's a really solid game and the monetization feels better than Hearthstone. New season of Snap starts in a few hours time.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Snap is a breath of fresh air coming from HS and LOR.

Downloaded this weekend and I am just getting into Pool 2 cards, rank 55 atm.
I'm not much of a fan of the monetization plan, coming from LoR where I spend $0 every expansion and go full unlock day 1...
It seems like the Event pass schedule is really fast, probably won't be buying them too often, I don't really care about variants at all

Still a lot of questions, and too soon to know if I'll burn out on it.
Fast games is a big positive though, and a lot of room for outplays
I mean for a mobile game its pretty fucking generous. Plus they have daily limits of how much you can "boost" anyways so whales are getting shit faster but not much. Plus its all random anyway so you could be lucky and score good shit right away or unlucky and have to grind a bit.

I heard that they wanted this game to feel like youre opening packs of cards like in RL and this is why they made it like this and its random. I mean who cares, eventually you will have them all and this is a way to keep people playing because lets face it, when you unlock everything day one of an expansion, set up a few decks fuck around a bit, im sure many people jsut quit with only ranks to get moving forward.

The great thing IMO about this game is the random places they throw in that basically flip shit 180 sometimes. Ive even seen shit like draw cards from your opponents deck which totally fucks up your game plan.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I mean for a mobile game its pretty fucking generous. Plus they have daily limits of how much you can "boost" anyways so whales are getting shit faster but not much. Plus its all random anyway so you could be lucky and score good shit right away or unlucky and have to grind a bit.

I heard that they wanted this game to feel like youre opening packs of cards like in RL and this is why they made it like this and its random. I mean who cares, eventually you will have them all and this is a way to keep people playing because lets face it, when you unlock everything day one of an expansion, set up a few decks fuck around a bit, im sure many people jsut quit with only ranks to get moving forward.
True, it's a nice carrot for some. But when I get into a CCG im more interested in Rank & Deck building. Playing against better cards irks me, but yea, they need to make money, im not too worried about it.

• 1Like

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I heard that collection level trumps MMR for matchmaking. Thus allegedly if you just don't level your collection you will just fight low collection opponents.

Video he is referring to:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Well I have 2 accounts one of which is low card ranking, about 80 or so and second on the phone which is in pool 2 but low pool 2. And it makes sense. I win about 60% or more of my matches on both platforms so mmr should be decent. On my phone I was about 60 comp rank and on the pc it’s about 25ish? And I do notice a difference in the pools of players I match with and I’m certain your card progression is definitely the driver behind matchmaking.

On my higher phone account which only broke into pool 2, I’m starting to see pool 2 cards but only a few. Mostly poo1 mixed with a few new pool2 decks. Never have I matched with anyone sporting a full pool2 deck. And on my pc account I have never encountered a single pool 2 card ever since I’m not there yet with my progression.

So yeah 100% you only play within your unlocked pool and further your card unlock progression level.
It makes perfect sense why they would do this as the further in your card progression you get the better the combos get, the better the cards get as well even defensively you are given more tools.

The hidden mmr? I’m sure it goes into matchmaking but overall I do think it more about the card unlock level.

So it really comes down to what your goals in game are. Is it to climb ladder as fast as possible? Or is it to climb the card unlock system.

Last edited:

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Ok not sure the "tank your collection level" strat works.

Just started like last week. Staying at collection level 36 I shot up to Rank 30 with little effort. Now I'm seeing devilsaur decks and a shitload of card combos I've never seen ...

If your rank gets high enough you will definitely face higher collection level decks.

Indyocracy

Stock Pals Participant
<Gold Donor>
So the dino deck is all pool 1 it is just less consistent before you get agent 13 to replace mantis and collector as a backup scaling unit in pool 2.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I think you’re still in pool 1 but now with more of the pool 1cards being played that’s all. I remember rank 30 was a step up and then 50 being the next step up as difficulty goes.

• 2Like

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I thought about looking for a deck tracker website, but haven't bothered yet. The 2 decks I see most frequently are the "Zoo" type decks and the ones where people try to power surge with Devil Dino and Iron Man. There's also a Carnage destroy deck, but it really only was an issue with the location that put a duplicate back in your hand.

Anyway, I just keep Killmonger (to deal with the Zoos) and the Asian dude that destroys any card above 9 power in a Balanced deck. Cue the opponent snapping because they think they've got me, then counter-snapping to take 8 points when all their cheese gets destroyed.

Maybe there's more at the top top end of the game, but I just play enough to clear my quests and that's all I see.

• 1Like

Indyocracy

Stock Pals Participant
<Gold Donor>
Is there any real meta to this now that its been out a bit?
So the "meta" shifts a lot with the featured location but the general meta gets discussed here. It has both a general meta and a pool based meta breakdown

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
So I started this game a week ago and I'm at CL 475 and rank 71, pool 2 meta is basically Zoo, discard, destroy, Dino, and infinaut.

Pool 3 is at CL 486, so things will start getting interesting I think.

I have only hit a few pool 3 decks so far.

Biggest trick to the game is know when to retreat. I will retreat 3-4 games in a row but then hit a +8 and be ahead.

Through pool 1 I was slapping together reveal cards with Odin finisher, in pool 2 I'm running a customized Dino deck with lots of control tools: storm, scarlet witch, Shang chi, ice man, scorpion

I don't change decks much at all.

Here's my pool 2 deck atm:
Screenshot_20221117-212221_SNAP.jpg

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Djay

Trakanon Raider

They're adding a "Token Shop" so you can target specific cards instead of hoping for a drop. Still some RNG with which cards appear in the shop, but at least you can pin the card until you have enough tokens. You also start with more tokens depending on what your CL is, starting at 500.

They also briefly show the new cards coming next month.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Game seemed fun for a week. Now it just feels like rock paper scissors with chores.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I've been having fun still...more than any other CCG I've played, but the recent patch with empty caches has killed my motivation to play more than anything. If they don't give proper refunds/compensation within the next day or so, I'll probably move on to something else to fill my time with.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
At Rank 83 and starting to get bored.
It's fun with nice quick games, there's a lot of RNG but also Outplay potential, but at the end of the day it all comes down to Snapping for more cubes when you are fairly certain of victory, and leaving any game you feel less than 60% about.

Monetization is really terrible/abusive.
Better cards really do matter, so it's very Pay to Win.

I am seeing new LoR expansion cards and will likely go back there once they drop.

Fidlen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah pretty fucking dissatisfied right now. Like rank 1000 and I must have hit the unlucky tree cause I haven't hit any of the premier cards and all week since the update all I've hit is the premier combos while I have shit. So yeah heavily leaning on the fuck this game.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah pretty fucking dissatisfied right now. Like rank 1000 and I must have hit the unlucky tree cause I haven't hit any of the premier cards and all week since the update all I've hit is the premier combos while I have shit. So yeah heavily leaning on the fuck this game.
Im at CL 900ish right now, missed the extra 3k collector tokens by about a week.
I feel like I've been lucky so far, got Patriot, Mystique and Ultron for Patriot deck, which I play 99% of the time right now. But my early game is trash until I can find Mysterio. Also I still need Wasp.

Right now I have Valkyrie pinned, Series 5 card that costs 6k Tokens. So that's bullshit, going to take weeks to get that 3K extra I missed from not being CL 1000+.

Valkyrie isn't in the standard Patriot deck but I want to throw her in, seems good imo, should work well to take immediate control of a lane since the Patriot buff will overpower the other side.

Anyway... the grind for cards or obscene amount of $$$$ is really turning me off of this game.

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Game seemed fun for a week. Now it just feels like rock paper scissors with chores.
I played it hardcore for about 3 weeks and then completely lost interest. I haven't played in weeks and don't think I'll ever play it again.