Marvel Universe stuff

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
yeah, i could be totally wrong as i don't know anything about her outside of the expendables and the one or two quick ufc matches i've seen (and that she likes rasslin), but i get the impression that she'd be a cool chick to hang out with. the problem is that you don't want the cool chick that you hang out with to ever really act like kimbo slice. she's the cool chick because she likes to play video games and rent wrestlemania ppv. i mean, punch her in the face and she'll show you she's tough as nails, but i think she's just too laid back to get all angry before something like a weigh in. and in the movies? you really shouldn't need to tell a professional fighter how to look aggressive. but again, i don't really know her. i'm just trying to find something positive to say about her.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
yeah, i could be totally wrong as i don't know anything about her outside of the expendables and the one or two quick ufc matches i've seen (and that she likes rasslin), but i get the impression that she'd be a cool chick to hang out with. the problem is that you don't want the cool chick that you hang out with to ever really act like kimbo slice. she's the cool chick because she likes to play video games and rent wrestlemania ppv. i mean, punch her in the face and she'll show you she's tough as nails, but i think she's just too laid back to get all angry before something like a weigh in. and in the movies? you really shouldn't need to tell a professional fighter how to look aggressive. but again, i don't really know her. i'm just trying to find something positive to say about her.
Must...resist...

I know you said you don't know, so I'm not really directing this at you, just everyone in general. And I will admit that I don't know either, as most of my perspective on her is from her season as a coach on The Ultimate Fighter, and editing might have been done a particular way to sway viewers, but given that she was the darling of female wrestling and Dana White's great hope for a new cash cow revenue stream even then, I cannot fathom why they would actually want to twist things to make her seem like the terrible person she came across as. Miesha Tate was her rival coach, and was a huge underdog to the point where Dana White had already sort of scheduled another fight for Rousey just a month after her fight with Tate, before they even fought. She wasn't expected to win, Rousey was (and easily, as evidenced by the fight a month later), so it made no sense for them to make Tate seem like the completely reasonable person she was and paint Rousey as the bad guy, but that's what happened. I don't know many people that watched that season that didn't come away from it thinking Rousey is at least a somewhat fucked up bitch, if not straight up cunt like I do.

So no, she doesn't seem to me to be a cool chick to hang out with, at least to me. She's moody, quick to anger over the tiniest thing, holds a grudge FOREVER, and cries at the drop of a hat. Seriously, I wish all of you had watched that season so you could judge for yourselves. It wouldn't be a big deal to me if she weren't fucking everywhere now, and everyone thinking she's so wonderful and awesome, but since she is, and is now banking on her recent popularity to fuel the push to play a character that I really want Emily Blunt to play, it rustles my jimmies something fierce.

P.S. If Blunt doesn't get it, Katheryn Winnick is definitely my second choice.

Devlin

Golden Squire
That Katheryn Winnick woman has the right look for it from a cursory glance.

I don't think Emily Blunt has the right look at all, yes she can do tough girl roles but Carol Danvers is incredibly hot as well as being tough/moody looking.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
That Katheryn Winnick woman has the right look for it from a cursory glance.

I don't think Emily Blunt has the right look at all, yes she can do tough girl roles but Carol Danvers is incredibly hot as well as being tough/moody looking.
So you're saying Emily Blunt is not attractive enough by comparison? Really?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
So you're saying Emily Blunt is not attractive enough by comparison? Really?
ZSl99m7Y.jpg
Allure-Photoshoot-2006-emily-blunt-7631743-321-400.jpg

vs.

Ronda-Rousey-Body-Measurements.jpg

no, just no

besides we're talking about Ms. Marvel a character so useless her biggest contribution was to have her powers absorbed by Rogue and let Rogue punch things in the X-Men cartoon.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Maybe instead you should have watched Earth's Mightiest Heroes where she beat down Ronan the Accuser, kicked the shit out of a bunch of super skrulls at once, and even clocked Galactus in the dome.

She probably could have beaten Hulk and Thor at the same time.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm sure I can find whored up glam shots of Emily Blunt too. I mean, nobody is saying BLEAH WINNICK WOULD BE HORRIBLE, we're just saying we prefer Emily Blunt. Winnick has some really intense scenes as Lagertha, and I'm sure she could do justice to the role.

But when I think about the battlefield scenes from Edge of Tomorrow, I have no problem replacing the Full Metal Bitch with Captain Marvel and imagining that she's blasting her way through a bunch of Brood instead of whatever the fuck they were.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Rousey did not wrestle, she was a Judo Champ (Silver in the 2007 worlds and gold in the 2007 pan am games)
If you are going to keep talking about her you may want to at least use the correct sport.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Rousey did not wrestle, she was a Judo Champ (Silver in the 2007 worlds and gold in the 2007 pan am games)
If you are going to keep talking about her you may want to at least use the correct sport.
He just said she likes rasslin, not that she was a wrestler.

On a side note to this debate, has Marvel let us down yet on casting? I can't think of any off the top of my head. I thought Paul Rudd would be iffy but I enjoyed Ant-Man. Thought Michael Douglas was a great Pym as well. I have faith they won't let us down on Captain Marvel.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Looks more like Mockingbird to me, although I don't see them putting Palicki into any of the movies. Guess it has to be SW because nobody else is left.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Looks pretty clearly like Agent Whats-Her-Tits from Cap 2. The one who was undercover as Cap's next door neighbor (actress from Revenge).

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Forgot about her. That's Agent Carter the Younger actually, and wiki says she's reprising in Civil War so that's probably her.