Marvel Universe stuff

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Thinking back to Cap3, I don't think they ever said his name either. He was basically the guy that Falcon knew, my wife was like "Paul Rudd is an Avenger?, his name is Tic-Tac?
I thought they called him Lang a few times.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Everyone shits on Aquaman, but I've been saying for years that I think an underwater superhero movie could be fantastic considering the special effects we have now. It'd be very unique compared to all the other superheroes movies we've had. Marvel having Namor back would have me even more excited to see something like this given the quality of their movies, except they're obviously not going to have a Namor movie out before Aquaman in 2018. Considering the similarities between the two and "Namor" isn't as recognizable or explanatory of a name, I'd be sort of surprised if Marvel did anything with the property before the end of the decade.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Wasn't there a scene in comic Civil War where Reed sends Sue to Namor to recruit him to their side? That should be the pitch to Fox for phase 4. Lump fantastic four into the Inhumans movie, and use FF to introduce Namor. Make the deal now so we can get Silver Surfer and Galactus into Infinity Gauntlet and Doom can be your main bad for phase 4 and beyond.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I'm reading the Ant-Man thread now... most of your regular shitlords came in and said "LOL MARVEL GONNA START FAILING!" Grimm did champion it almost solely on the basis of Paul Rudd... and he wasn't wrong.

Any other actor in Ant-Man and it would've been a tolerable movie. Paul Rudd made it a great one.
No, what I meant by that everyone universally thinks the premise of Ant-man is just silly. He shrinks and talks to ants. My point is that namor is pretty lame to, but I'll hold my judgment on what the MCU can do with him until there's at least an actor attached

Brad2770

This past weekend, my son was participating in a contest at Boy Scouts for tickets to see X-Men. This contest requirements: Be the child to name the most powerful mutant.

My son named Squirrel Girl and was not taken seriously. I was pretty amazed, 1) because he knew and named Squirrel Girl and 2) She is pretty much undefeated, which kind of implies power (Especially since she beat Thanos).

The winning kid picked Phoenix. Do you think my kid was robbed or that he was bested by Phoenix?

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Everyone shits on Aquaman, but I've been saying for years that I think an underwater superhero movie could be fantastic considering the special effects we have now. It'd be very unique compared to all the other superheroes movies we've had. Marvel having Namor back would have me even more excited to see something like this given the quality of their movies, except they're obviously not going to have a Namor movie out before Aquaman in 2018. Considering the similarities between the two and "Namor" isn't as recognizable or explanatory of a name, I'd be sort of surprised if Marvel did anything with the property before the end of the decade.
Wouldn't be surprised to see Namor make an appearance in Infinity War, releasing just a few months before Aquaman.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
This past weekend, my son was participating in a contest at Boy Scouts for tickets to see X-Men. This contest requirements: Be the child to name the most powerful mutant.

My son named Squirrel Girl and was not taken seriously. I was pretty amazed, 1) because he knew and named Squirrel Girl and 2) She is pretty much undefeated, which kind of implies power (Especially since she beat Thanos).

The winning kid picked Phoenix. Do you think my kid was robbed or that he was bested by Phoenix?
Your kid was robbed, but props to him for being clever enough to pick Squirrel Girl. The Phoenix Force is not a mutant, and Jean Grey without the Phoenix Force is not even close to the most powerful mutant. The most powerful mutant (not counting Squirrel Girl) would probably be either Hope Summers or Franklin Richards.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Your kid was robbed, but props to him for being clever enough to pick Squirrel Girl. The Phoenix Force is not a mutant, and Jean Grey without the Phoenix Force is not even close to the most powerful mutant. The most powerful mutant (not counting Squirrel Girl) would probably be either Hope Summers or Franklin Richards.
Franklin is THE most powerful mutant. But Squirrel Girl takes out cosmic dudes like they aint shit.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't know much in the way of specifics about Franklin, I just remember that he's a mutant and was powerful enough to create an alternate reality to save everyone who should have died fighting Onslaught. I don't actually know shit about Hope either, I just know she's the mutant messiah or something.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
I don't know much in the way of specifics about Franklin, I just remember that he's a mutant and was powerful enough to create an alternate reality to save everyone who should have died fighting Onslaught. I don't actually know shit about Hope either, I just know she's the mutant messiah or something.
Scarlet Witch changed reality where mutants didnt exist (cept for like 100) Franklin could rewrite the universe where the very nature of the universe can be changed. But he mainly pops ray guns out of thin air.
Hope was just the first Mutant to re-appear after Scarlet Witch did her voodoo.

Hope is a mixture of Spock and the other asshole from the Heroes TV show and maybe possibly does phoenix force things sometimes.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Franklin Richards made Galactus his herald and punked Celestials. There's a theory that he's the reason the entire Marvel Universe ages so slowly, because he's willing it to be so. Franklin Richards is his own Yoda/Mr. Miyagi sensei from the future.

Squirrel Girl is a clever answer, but it's a nerd in-joke. Franklin is therightanswer.

Respect Franklin Richards : respectthreads

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
This is the best that Jon Hickman could do to almost End the FF run, but Marvel, Marvel'd and it didn't end (when it should have) (and it went on for a few more agonizing years, only for Hickman to finally finish off FF in Secret Wars 2)
4001009-wqfim.jpg

main-qimg-16bdb40a039ca7fdb068c79e0cdd6de2

2710361-tumblr_m3puhduybx1qhpx4lo1_500.jpg

Secret Wars 2
galactus.jpg

the-thing-vs-galactus-secret-wars-4.jpg

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Nothing has made me nerd rage harder in the last ten years than Franklin making Galactus his pet.
What about current Galactus, they changed him from the his job of balancing life + death (by eating), to some fruity hippy life restorer.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole

He gave a super nerdy answer. Congrats, you've doomed him to a childhood full of ass whippings at the playground (just like you had).

Phoenix blows up planets with one hit, she is the correct answer.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I thought that article was going to be about the Cap/Bucky romance delusional people are insisting upon...

Possibly the worst aspect of Sharon and Steve's kiss was that it was unnecessary for Civil War to include. The very fact that Sharon is a Carter is enough to justify her helping Rogers; it doesn't need to have romantic connotations. Marvel's films have been mostly entertaining and well-crafted blockbusters,
First off, it's not like that just came out of left-field. Sharon's introduction in The Winter Soldier is basically Black Widow trying to convince him to go on a date with her. It's been pretty clear this is where their relationship has been headed. But really, I think this ignores the purpose this served for Steve and his side of the equation. Ever since his return, he's been unable to let go of Peggy. She encourages him to "start over" when he visits her in The Winter Soldier, but he's obviously still beholden to that relationship. Her death is the catalyst towards reaffirming his stance against the accords, but it also gives him the closer he needs to start to live more in the present. The kiss shows growth for Steve.

And calling it "incestuous" is ridiculous and an incredibly loose definition of the word. Steve didn't start to become attracted to Sharon knowing she was a Carter, and Sharon didn't get assigned to him with the intention of getting in his pants. Even if you look at it in terms of it being gross that Steve kisses Peggy's niece, he was never really in a serious relationship with Peggy anyways. It's not like he slept with Peggy and is unknowingly dating their love-child.

Caliane

He gave a super nerdy answer. Congrats, you've doomed him to a childhood full of ass whippings at the playground (just like you had).

Phoenix blows up planets with one hit, she is the correct answer.
Jean is very strong and probably top 5. Phoenix is not a mutant, but a force that possesses her. And even if we did count it, its local to one universe.
Scarlet witch is a reality warper, who effects multiple universes. Wanda wins imho, then Franklin, then Squirrelgirl.