Marvel Universe stuff

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
That was after he used the stones to destroy the stones. I don't recall anything happening after the initial snap. Maybe I'm dumb and just didnt notice
I mean at the end he's like limping and shit and you can tell his arm is fucked up.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
You can see his arm scared and guantlet fucked up after 1st snap in Infinity War

1614475355591.png

Here's his arm before snap, can see his arm/shoulder don't look as funky

1614475457075.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Per latest episode of Wanda Vision regarding her powers and where they come from...

So what started this whole conversation, yeah, Wanda is indeed powered by Chaos Magic (which explains the mental manipulation, as well as reality bending components). She doesn't need the Mind stone to do anything, it's just leading or guiding her.

This brings me back to the line by the Sorcerer Supreme, "The stones cannot be destroyed." So even though Thanos "turned them to dust", the essence of the cosmos just ejaculated the Mind stone back into existence through out of Wanda. The Reality stone isn't a stone. And my hopes for a Soul stone powered Adam Warlock and council of the gems becoming a thing. Plus Strange would be a lot more boring without the Time stone.

It wasn't just the Mind stone that exhibits "conscious action" - the Reality stone does as well. Go back and watch Dark World. It's way longer than it needs to be, but there are parts that are a lot cooler now looking back on it. The same sort of thing happens in Doctor Strange with how the mythical items "pick the user", and of course the Time stone picks Strange.

Cybsled

If you accept that the Infinity Stones are basically energy, then energy cannot be destroyed. It just changes forms. Presumably given enough time, or the right conditions, I am assuming they would eventually reconstitute.

• 2Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
If you accept that the Infinity Stones are basically energy, then energy cannot be destroyed. It just changes forms. Presumably given enough time, or the right conditions, I am assuming they would eventually reconstitute.
Even in the comics, after being destroyed, the stones reform.

• 1Great Review
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
just finished Dark World, man, thats still a bad film. took me most of the day to get through it. there is just no chemistry between Portman and Hemsworth. the Dark Elves are laughably bad. Asgard is the shittiest protected planet and somehow they rule all the realms.

• 2Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
just finished Dark World, man, thats still a bad film. took me most of the day to get through it. there is just no chemistry between Portman and Hemsworth. the Dark Elves are laughably bad. Asgard is the shittiest protected planet and somehow they rule all the realms.
Asgard obviously has an open borders EO in place.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

spronk

FPS noob

sounds like fat chick will play "stage actor Hela" in Thor 4, similar to the way Matt Damon played stage actor Loki in Thor 3

its only a matter of time I suppose before she comes in as Big Bertha

latest

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Rewatched Avengers 1 in 4k tonight. Damn but that movie is just plain great. The only real negative is Cap not being given a lot of physical shit and almost no shield work (which they remedy in Winter Soldier and beyond). Ruffalo Banner is good and Hulk is amazing. DC wishes they could make something that good.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Rewatched Avengers 1 in 4k tonight. Damn but that movie is just plain great. The only real negative is Cap not being given a lot of physical shit and almost no shield work (which they remedy in Winter Soldier and beyond). Ruffalo Banner is good and Hulk is amazing. DC wishes they could make something that good.
Winter Soldier i think is still the best MCU film. i watched it again last week and i kind of want to see it again.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>

It truly is fantastic. I thought the Cap uniform is a little gay / easily dated, but otherwise, fantastic. That scene when Hulk comes out "I'm always angry" is so badass. And I'll never forget the humor when Hulk and Thor take down the big flying thing and then he punches Thor!

Winter Soldier i think is still the best MCU film. i watched it again last week and i kind of want to see it again.

Winter Soldier is just a fantastic spy movie. Period. It's so damn good, and they really made cap's character fucking awesome there.

Damn I have to go watch all 22 movies again!

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It truly is fantastic. I thought the Cap uniform is a little gay / easily dated, but otherwise, fantastic. That scene when Hulk comes out "I'm always angry" is so badass. And I'll never forget the humor when Hulk and Thor take down the big flying thing and then he punches Thor!

Winter Soldier is just a fantastic spy movie. Period. It's so damn good, and they really made cap's character fucking awesome there.

Damn I have to go watch all 22 movies again!
i started last week and just finished Doctor Strange last night. i really dont want to watch Black Panther or Captain Cuntface, but fuck it, i came this far.

• 1Garbage

spronk

FPS noob

I really like Winter Soldier but I'd put it as second or third best. The stakes are fairly low, and its got a lot of slow moments. To me peak MCU is probably always going to be Infinity War, just for the Empire Strikes Back factor - the heroes FUCKING LOSE and not in a small way, in a massive, everything-is-fucked way and we have to wait a full year to see how it resolves.

Jesus Christ, how often does that happen in a summer blockbuster movie. There are arguably also only two slow scenes in the entire movie, Wanda+Vision and some of the Wakanda stuff. Thanos is probably also the best comic book villain next to Ledger Joker, Winter Soldier is great but I dunno if I'd really call him a villain in that movie, its really old man Redford and Hydra.

• 5Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 5 users

Sterling

El Presidente
GotG is my favorite MCU film, but Winter Soldier is way up there and might be the one I've watched the most.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I really like Winter Soldier but I'd put it as second or third best. The stakes are fairly low, and its got a lot of slow moments. To me peak MCU is probably always going to be Infinity War, just for the Empire Strikes Back factor - the heroes FUCKING LOSE and not in a small way, in a massive, everything-is-fucked way and we have to wait a full year to see how it resolves.

Jesus Christ, how often does that happen in a summer blockbuster movie. There are arguably also only two slow scenes in the entire movie, Wanda+Vision and some of the Wakanda stuff. Thanos is probably also the best comic book villain next to Ledger Joker, Winter Soldier is great but I dunno if I'd really call him a villain in that movie, its really old man Redford and Hydra.
see, ive gone over that in my head. Infinity War is easily the most important MCU film and it has the highest stakes and it has the biggest and best special effects. but all that doesnt top Winter Soldier to me, the story in WS is so fucking strong and the action to me is incredible and it is more grounded in reality. i didnt say it was a realistic film. i am saying between Infinity War and Winter Soldier, its more grounded. Thanos is just so motherfucking unstoppable, like impending doom, you cant stop him. nothing can stop him and nobody will stop him. Winter Soldier you get the the optimism of true patriots rising up to fight Hydra and you have the friendship between Bucky and Cap tested. its an amazing film. up to Winter Soldier. Spiderman 2 directed by Sam Raimi was my favorte Marvel film. but this surpassed even that. and i have to add what a smokeshow Natasha was in this and how they kept her from making any fucking difference against Winter Soldier when they stood toe to toe. she was basically just barely a speedbump as she should have been. only Cap could bring down Bucky and only Bucky could have saved him after Cap was willing to die for his friendship. Civil War is also a great movie, but its got too much blockbuster stuff going on around the story. its still an excellent film, just not better than Winter Soldier. if i had to rank. i would go Winter Soldier>Infinity War> Civil War> Guardians1> Endgame. special mention to Homecoming and Antman. i like those films a lot, but they arent as awesome.

• 1Worf