Marvel Universe stuff

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
View attachment 337510

Where are the chemistry nerds at? What are those chemical skeletal formulas for?

I think they are mostly bullshit.

a c i d.f l y a c i d.f l y wrote they are unlabeled molecules and could be anything, I believe that's completely wrong. If they aren't labeled, if I remember you consider them all to be carbon - carbon bonds with hydrogen where you have room for an extra bond. So like the molecule in the bottom right by "webcamming" is a benzene ring, and the double lines are carbon - carbon double bonds, and then a carbon - carbon single bond on the other side, and there is an assumed carbon-hydrogen bond at each point on the hexagon. Just above that is a bullshit molecule (by homesick.) The thing to the left of that one, underneath homerun and homemade is, I believe, a neuron with it's central cell body and dendrites coming out. No idea what is in the lower left corner. And no idea what is in the left mid/lower corner, but looks like an organic molecule with carbon bonds and oxygen and hydroxy ions. Top left is a bullshit molecule. Top middle is another bullshit molecule with one carbon having two hydroxy bonds which I don't believe can happen.

I'm not a chemist, I haven't thought about any of this in 10-15 years. But I think those formulas are basically all bullshit and just for show.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

joz123

Potato del Grande
I'm not a chemist
No Way GIF

• 1Worf

Sevens

Log Wizard
They're carbon molecules, but without a clearer image that shows the connecting elements/molecules I can't say what they are. The unlabeled molecules could be hundreds of different things. One of them looks like an alcohol or an organic salt.

View attachment 337711

There's also a drawing of the tesseract and what looks like the diagram drawing of the Flux capacitor. So. Who knows.

View attachment 337712
I dont think that was a flux capacitor, it was Tony's arc reactor chest piece.

71ouO-MEmIL._SL1500_.jpg

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Because time travel has been beaten to death in storytelling and is a shitty copout to any plot hole. Basically a shitty way to end a story without being able to come up with something else.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
That tetrahedral structure is similar to Methane. I don't think they're picking specific elements as most of those listed appear to be basic bitch stuff. I think it's more to denote 'Chemistry' which could reference either Norman Osborn or The Lizard or even the spider that changed him into Spider Man. There's like bolts and shit on the board supposedly referencing Electro, who we know is in this, so I'm sure it's just villain teasers.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
That tetrahedral structure is similar to Methane. I don't think they're picking specific elements as most of those listed appear to be basic bitch stuff. I think it's more to denote 'Chemistry' which could reference either Norman Osborn or The Lizard or even the spider that changed him into Spider Man. There's like bolts and shit on the board supposedly referencing Electro, who we know is in this, so I'm sure it's just villain teasers.
multiverse, hexagons.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i am slowly working my way through all the MCU films again. just finished Cap1. how many Cap shields are there? Tony has a shield and so does Cap in the crashed plane. Howard Stark also said Cap's shield was all the vibranium left in the world. is it explained how that shit is possible? oh and how the fuck did Bucky survive that fall? was he already under the effects of the super soldier serum when being experimented on in Zola's lab??

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
You could also answer my question, bumcrush. I am well aware that wakanda has vibranium, but this was before they knew about wakanda existing. It also doesnt answer where Cap`s original shield is.

• 1Garbage

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
while i'm asking silly questions, what ever happened to Abomination and The Leader from Incredible Hulk? i know they pretend that movie doesnt exist, but they still keep General Ross around and he is responsible for Abomination, along with Dr Sterns (The Leader)

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
while i'm asking silly questions, what ever happened to Abomination and The Leader from Incredible Hulk? i know they pretend that movie doesnt exist, but they still keep General Ross around and he is responsible for Abomination, along with Dr Sterns (The Leader)
Abomination has been confirmed to be showing up in She-Hulk.

• 1Like

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Ok, so something that confuses me and I guess I just saw it really on the stupid wandavision show ... The mind stone is yellow? But it was blue in lokis sphere? Do you think they just fucked up when they did it all initially for the movies? Or is there some comic book thing where the stone is yellow with a blue outer layer or whatever? Just seems confusion that it's blue in the tesseract, then its yellow in vision.... and wandas colors are red!

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ok, so something that confuses me and I guess I just saw it really on the stupid wandavision show ... The mind stone is yellow? But it was blue in lokis sphere? Do you think they just fucked up when they did it all initially for the movies? Or is there some comic book thing where the stone is yellow with a blue outer layer or whatever? Just seems confusion that it's blue in the tesseract, then its yellow in vision.... and wandas colors are red!
At the time the reality stones were still not a sure thing as to where they came from. Notice both the cube and the staff were blue. It was easier to explain out the staff by simply noting that the stone was encased in a blue gem. a Mind trick if you will.

Wanda's power in this Universe comes from the Mind Stone. It should have been the Reality Stone. That is why her powers radiate red. There is a grey area as to which power does what when distorting reality. She has the power to trick the mind but not the power to actually alter reality. That is, if her power came from the mind stone. If they were following that logic in the series, then it would be obvious that the altered world would not be her doing. She would not have had the power to create it, only the ability to trick others into seeing it, if not real. It means something else would have actually created the world. Then.....she expanded the world. Now I guess you could argue that the existence is all a mind trick and everybody is actually standing in an open field. This might even be how it still all plays out.

In the end I understand the confusion of her radiating red with the power of the yellow stone.

• 1Like