Marvel Universe stuff

Sevens

Log Wizard
Pro wrestling is a mix of acting and athletics so it really should be no surprise when some of the top wrestlers make it decently as actors. Cena is as funny as or maybe even funnier than The Rock, Sasha Banks was fantastic in her small role in The Mandalorian, and I'm curious to see how Charlotte does in the Walking Tall reremake.

Tell me this isnt a gender bend reremake of Walking Tall.
I mean remaking this so soon after it was just remade is stupid as all fuck but if its gender bent then fuck I hope they all get syphilis and their noses rot off.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I mean remaking this so soon after it was just remade is stupid as all fuck but if its gender bent then fuck I hope they all get syphilis and their noses rot off.
With the least likeable WWE female wrestler Charlotte Flair who has time off each year to fix her horrific fake tits.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
What made the original Walking Tall so good was that it was true and based in the South during an ugly period. If the viewer had ever been/lived in the South in the old days they could nod their head and say "yup".

The remake was just a Rock vehicle. It lacked the elements that made the original good. A remake with a female lead? Hard pass.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Bautista is currently campaigning at WB to be Bane in the DCEU. He probably doesn't think he can do both and wants to just be Bane because of his affinity for the character.
That’s pretty rad. I like when actors want to play a character because they actually like the character. He would work well as Bane if they go back to the more comic book version.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I didn't say it's going to be a masterpiece but it might be a fun kind of bad. And it's not like she can be picky about what chances she gets, especially when it comes to a leading role. Her only other bit before this was a henchman in the first Psych movie and I'm not sure they even gave her any lines.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
That’s pretty rad. I like when actors want to play a character because they actually like the character. He would work well as Bane if they go back to the more comic book version.
he's too silly to be a Nolan version of Bane.
this is more his speed.
iu

Sevens

Log Wizard
he's too silly to be a Nolan version of Bane.
this is more his speed.
iu
He has played a few serious roles, just because you only know Drax doesnt mean he cant pull over a Nolan Bane...I mean honestly Tom Hardy's performance wasnt setting the world alight

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
He has played a few serious roles, just because you only know Drax doesnt mean he cant pull over a Nolan Bane...I mean honestly Tom Hardy's performance wasnt setting the world alight

name one former pro wrestler that isnt a silly goofball? and i am including The Rock as a silly goofball.

Animosity

name one former pro wrestler that isnt a silly goofball? and i am including The Rock as a silly goofball.
That doesn’t mean he can’t play a different role. He’s just been type casted to those movies since people are familiar with it.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
That doesn’t mean he can’t play a different role. He’s just been type casted to those movies since people are familiar with it.
sure, it doesnt mean he cant play a serious role and be taken seriously, but he just isnt. i mean when you are portrayed a certain way for 20 years or however long he's done that, people are going to expect you to be that way even when you try not to be. it happens with everyone. Roddy Piper tried and failed. Tiny Lister tried and failed. Hulk Hogan tried and failed. etc. either you keep dancing like a monkey or you starve.

Animosity

sure, it doesnt mean he cant play a serious role and be taken seriously, but he just isnt. i mean when you are portrayed a certain way for 20 years or however long he's done that, people are going to expect you to be that way even when you try not to be. it happens with everyone. Roddy Piper tried and failed. Tiny Lister tried and failed. Hulk Hogan tried and failed. etc. either you keep dancing like a monkey or you starve.
That’s a terrible comparison. Literally 99% of the world would have no clue he was a wrestler. He would be known for Drax or his other comedies. He doesn’t live his wrestling person like Hulk or Piper did. Adam Sandler is a great example of someone who turned to serious acting and was awesome. There’s no reason to think he can’t.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
That’s a terrible comparison. Literally 99% of the world would have no clue he was a wrestler. He would be known for Drax or his other comedies. He doesn’t live his wrestling person like Hulk or Piper did. Adam Sandler is a great example of someone who turned to serious acting and was awesome. There’s no reason to think he can’t.
i havent followed wrestling since the 80s and i knew he was a wrestler the second i saw him. all wrestlers make those big exaggerated movements. they all ham it up. its a wrestler thing and we love it for that reason. its just not going to translate well in a drama. adam sandler did dramas well, because he isnt funny. he writes funny for other actors, but he himself isnt really funny outside of the 2 films that everyone agrees he was funny in.

• 1Garbage

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
He was pretty serious in Blade Runner and its short about him. And we will see how he does in Dune. Maybe it just takes the right director to get good shit out of an actor.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sterling

El Presidente
He was pretty serious in Blade Runner and its short about him. And we will see how he does in Dune. Maybe it just takes the right director to get good shit out of an actor.
Those little prequel shorts for 2049 were good shit. The Martian having those Ares 3 videos before the movie were also pretty great. More movies need to do that kind of shit.

• 1Like