Marvel Universe stuff

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

spronk

FPS noob
possible huge spoiler for Dr. Strange 2 going around, if true will be interesting for sure. HUGE spoiler again, don't open if you wanna go in fresh (but movie is 6+ months out too)

Dr. Charles Xavier will make his first MCU appearance in Dr. Strange 2. X-Men, incoming

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
I doubt they will, but I hope they make tons of content using the animation style from 'What if'.. The Animation looks great and the possibilities are endless. Can do tons of prequels/fill-ins. A season of Cap returning the stones.. hawkeye murdering people as ronin.. Gladiator Hulk before thor showed up..

could be a way to keep folks entertained who don't care about the new mcu

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

Chris

Potato del Grande
I have faith that there'll be a woke disaster and it'll probably start with Eternals.

However box office failures from previously successful franchises like Marvel are just because of Covid. They need to big name like Spider Man to get people back.

Shang-Chi has the added box office hit of being banned from China for incorrectly pandering to them though, can't wait for the first Chinese lead and role model in a movie though.

• 1Garbage

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Everything that has come out in the past couple years has bombed, hell F&F 9 made HALF of that 8 did and half of 9's was the Chinese box office. Black Widow didn't even get a China release, Sang Chi doesn't look like it will either. Marvel cannot survive making movies without that box office revenue. Add on to people upgrading their home systems and fast VOD turn around times means hey why go to a movie theatre when I can just watch shit 30 days later.
China is now starting to crack down hard on western culture. Theyve pretty much banned foreign language instruction and are retooling their education system to be complete Chinese focused;

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I'm not arguing that white people are not a key demographic, I'm saying the same thing the market researchers told Disney, that doing it this way will get more butts into seats then it loses because its an Asian super hero since at this point the MCU is a self sustaining monster. If making Sang Chi the way it is resonates with the Asian American population or better yet the Chinese population its a damn home run. I mean really what do you think people think when they see the MCU logo? Hey these people look like me? or MCU is generally representative of generally solid quality movies and shows? Its the latter which will always get more people to watch something then the race of anyone involved.

Bullshit. Nobody told Disney that Star Wars turning into woke shit would make them more money than having a good story.

The people at the top are more interested in showing the world how much better they are than everyone by catering to diversity and other woke bullshit

Last edited:
  • 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Juvarisx

Florida
Bullshit. Nobody told Disney that Star Wars turning into woke shit would make them more money than having a good story.

The people at the stop are more interested in showing the world how much better they are than everyone by catering to diversity and other woke bullshit

Star Wars is a whole different can of worms, then Shang Chi and representation in the MCU, that I don't feel like going into. I will say I take more of Plinket's view of Samuel L Jackson in the prequel reviews the anything else with it.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
yup, from TV guide magazine
9ienuca6wik71.png

• 1Dislike

spronk

FPS noob
oh its not even his daughter? weird

thats gonna be a super bizarre TV show, i just don't get how you pitch "so its about a dude who shoots arrows, and now he's got a chick whose gonna replace him and all she does is also shoot arrows." reminds me of the 90s when we'd have weird ass niches in movies, like St. Elmos Fire featured a sax player as a thing people would go to bars for (said NO one ever).

2vmu66ng8wy61.jpg

pzqclqgpumw51.jpg

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The arch they are basing this show off of was actually really good. Fraction and Aja made a really enjoyable and funny story. It was more like a buddy comedy rather than going for some woke movement. Pizza Dog better be confirmed.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I guess I don't know shit about Hawkeye, but I feel like it was kind of implied there was something special about him (vision? a "6th sense" about shooting arrows?). Is that not the case, where anyone can just pick up a bow and be a superhero?

Goatface

pretty sure one writer was hinting at he was a mutant, but that didn't go anywhere. Ultimate has special eyes or something.

While Hawkeye is traditionally just a normal human trained to a high level of skill, Ultimate Hawkeye was altered via some type of experimental optical surgery. His superhuman accuracy also extends beyond archery, to anything he can throw like 616 Bullseye, to the extent that he once escapes captivity by pulling out his own fingernails to use as weapons. Whether or not his teammates know of his augmentations is unknown, with the exception of Nick Fury, who has confirmed his knowledge, but it would appear that, in Hawkeye's favor, they remain unaware of his full abilities. It has also been remarked that before the "Ultimate Hawkeye" miniseries, he claimed to need to wear corrective goggles to see properly, but it appears that that too may have been a ruse.

spronk

FPS noob
studios are starting to shuffle movies from 2021 to 2022 now, all Paramount movies have been pushed back at least 7 months. Eternals will depend entirely on how Shang Chi does this weekend.

Sony owns Spiderman so it'll be interesting how they react, they already pushed Venom back to 2022 and Morbius to an unknown date. The remaining big 2021 movies

Many Saints of Newark (Sopranos), HBO Max
No Time To Die (bond), not getting delayed
Dune, HBO Max
Eternals (11/3)
Ghostbusters Afterlife (11/11)
West Side Story (Spielberg) 12/10
Spiderman No Way Home (12/17)
Kings Man 3 12/22
Matrix 4 12/22, HBO Max

thats pretty much it, and i'm pretty sure most of those are getting delayed.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
studios are starting to shuffle movies from 2021 to 2022 now, all Paramount movies have been pushed back at least 7 months. Eternals will depend entirely on how Shang Chi does this weekend.

Sony owns Spiderman so it'll be interesting how they react, they already pushed Venom back to 2022 and Morbius to an unknown date. The remaining big 2021 movies

Many Saints of Newark (Sopranos), HBO Max
No Time To Die (bond), not getting delayed
Dune, HBO Max
Eternals (11/3)
Ghostbusters Afterlife (11/11)
West Side Story (Spielberg) 12/10
Spiderman No Way Home (12/17)
Kings Man 3 12/22
Matrix 4 12/22, HBO Max

thats pretty much it, and i'm pretty sure most of those are getting delayed.
There will be a zombie variant in 2022. Everyone injected 4 times becomes undead and craves unvaccinated human flesh. I am not gonna see any of those films then. Also good luck with theaters still being around by next summer. This was their last chance.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I just read an article suggesting actors for the new MCU ff4 whenever that happens and it legitimately and unironically suggested John Stamos as reed and Melissa McCarthy as sue storm.

Wtf.

• 1Worf
  • 1WTF
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 3 users