Marvel Universe stuff

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
You post some pretty retarded stuff from time to time, but this ranks up near the top.
Nah this isnt one of them.

The MCU where mostly well produced with some charismatic actors who played well with each other with witty dialogue but once you move beyond that and the cgi, the movies fall apart very fast.
I like how even the 100% dead one doesn't count because of your personal interpretation and standards.
A badly written death. His "sacrifice" would have made some sense if captain SJW didnt melt through Thanos' battleship and the armies from a dozen other universes wherent pouring into the battlefield and destroying what was left Thanos' small army. Nope better kill myself even though we have the battle won.

• 1WTF
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
A badly written death. His "sacrifice" would have made some sense if captain SJW didnt melt through Thanos' battleship and the armies from a dozen other universes wherent pouring into the battlefield and destroying what was left Thanos' small army. Nope better kill myself even though we have the battle won.
I disagree, I thought that the movie was well written other than the stupid fucking female avengers assemble scene.

The movie having "no deaths" is very different to the movie having several "badly written deaths" in your personal opinion.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Nope better kill myself even though we have the battle won.
Dunno where you got this ludicrous idea that 'armies from a dozen other universes were pouring in' but they didn't have the battle won, Stark swiped the infinity stones away from Thanos seconds before Thanos would have used them to destroy the fucking universe after he beat Captain Karen ragged with the power stone. And it's clear from just how many dudes got dusted after Tony's snap that Thanos still had plenty of forces.

I seriously question whether you ever even watched the movie.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

The MCU where mostly well produced with some charismatic actors who played well with each other with witty dialogue but once you move beyond that and the cgi, the movies fall apart very fast.

Jesus this is a retarded take. Almost as bad as Black Widow didn't really die because she was in a prequel.

• 2Solidarity

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Dunno where you got this ludicrous idea that 'armies from a dozen other universes were pouring in' but they didn't have the battle won, Stark swiped the infinity stones away from Thanos seconds before Thanos would have used them to destroy the fucking universe after he beat Captain Karen ragged with the power stone. And it's clear from just how many dudes got dusted after Tony's snap that Thanos still had plenty of forces.

I seriously question whether you ever even watched the movie.
I mean, Gavidmad is 100% correct: They were about to lose to an even earlier version of Thanos who was going to not just wipe out half the life as the more seasoned version did but per his speech, this slightly younger version was going to wipe everything and start over. Consider stakes raised, the whole shebang was going into the Universe Processor and nothing was coming out. Dr. Strange held up the single Digit and this was the only chance and Iron Man knew what he had to do. Only in story terms by the slimmest of narrative margins did the Avengers and the universe escape a second, more complete purge.

It's appears to be a truism that time adjusts our perceptions and forges history retroactively in our minds to make near outcomes into sure things, even in the movies.

What's really shocking is Feige not being a good steward of the characters, and wanting to throw all the Avengers into the SJW Volcano. Maybe it would have been better to let him go to DC. Perlmutter seems like a old asshole but if Feige is actually Woke, then Marvel will be dead soon enough anyway.

Sterling

El Presidente
Trailer not great, not terrible. Choice of song trying evoke memories of Lost Boys?!?!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xerge

<Donor>
Venom, Toby spiderman, and vulture references. Actor says there's a web of possibilities and then spiderman trailer is delayed. Low key hype

• 1Like

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor

Looks pretty good from the trailer.
Sony might not have perfected the formula--but they are doing something Marvel should have begun doing back in Phase 2/3...Giving the "villains" their own movies. Thanos should have gotten his own movie. Iron Man 2 or 3 should have been about Ultron's origin (With Tony losing), and lead into Avengers.

Fleshing out the villains in their own films, with the already established heroes acting as the antagonist, would make the eventual cross over or 'show down' film a lot more of a spectacle.

• 2Like

spronk

FPS noob
it is funny to see a movie out in 2022 that has a person get superpowers from bats

and michael keaton is in it but as his MCU persona, so meta

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Sony might not have perfected the formula--but they are doing something Marvel should have begun doing back in Phase 2/3...Giving the "villains" their own movies. Thanos should have gotten his own movie. Iron Man 2 or 3 should have been about Ultron's origin (With Tony losing), and lead into Avengers.

Fleshing out the villains in their own films, with the already established heroes acting as the antagonist, would make the eventual cross over or 'show down' film a lot more of a spectacle.

Thanos getting his own movie between Infinity War and Endgame would have been 100x better than forcing Captain Marvel in there to inflate her shitty value

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Shang Chi is out on D+ this Friday. Now I can finally watch it and wash the bad taste of Eternals out of my mouth.

• 1Like

Cad

<Bronze Donator>

Once Captain Marvel had the gauntlet she should have just flown into space... not an entity on the field could have caught her/stopped her. They can then use the stones as needed and dispose of Thanos without that sacrifice.

• 2Like

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
There's some teasers in the actual Disney+ presentatiaon for Marvel. Moon Night looks amazeballs

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Tons of new Marvel shit coming. Most of it we knew about. But some new animated shows sound cool. 90s X-Men hype!

Sterling

El Presidente
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Picard
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
It's not a fair comparison. Batman The Animated Series was made with adults in mind. They even tried airing it in primetime for a while. The X-men cartoon was 100% for kids.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's not a fair comparison. Batman The Animated Series was made with adults in mind. They even tried airing it in primetime for a while. The X-men cartoon was 100% for kids.
It's the animation style/art that doesn't hold up today. It looks like complete shit, there's no need to compare it to Batman.