Marvel Universe stuff

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Breaking news: Marvel announce they have decided to recast Black Panther...

1659142830736.png

• 4Like
  • 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
He'd make a hell of a Magneto in my opinion.... Although the Magnegro jokes would be endless. Problem is reorienting the amount of Magneto's past centered around being Jewish, WWII, all that jazz. But if they're going to bring it to modern years, they can't have him being a concentration camp survivor anyways. Even though they had a comic equivalent of S. Africa, they'd probably just blend him in as a black survivor of Apartheid.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Even though they had a comic equivalent of S. Africa, they'd probably just blend him in as a black survivor of Apartheid.
And then the writers would act as if Apartheid was as bad/worse than the Holocaust.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Goatface

he is 64 now, will be what 67? when they start filming. he is already 4 years older than Ian McKellen and 5 years older than patrick stewart when they started xmen. arn't they planning on xmen carrying them for like 10 years?

they just need to really revamp the story and make him in his 30's - 40's and a victim of the justice system or something.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Keep the holocaust survivor story and just have him be middle aged looking but actually really old by abusing other mutants powers to stay young.

Chris

Potato del Grande
So straight up a completely other character then?
So rather than some vague "he killed a self healing mutant in 1985 somehow to stay young", which somehow irreparably changes the character...

You want to keep him the same by totally changing his backstory? OK.

ziggyholiday

<Bronze Donator>
So rather than some vague "he killed a self healing mutant in 1985 somehow to stay young", which somehow irreparably changes the character...
That’s completely different from “staying young by abusing other mutants”. Magnegro’s time in the camps formed his core principle of protecting his people at all cost, shtick.

Fadaar

That guy
I'd rather go for the little to no aging shtick to keep his origin proper

OR

And this is my far fetched but more likely idea - - have multiverse shenanigans get the mutants of the rebooted franchise (McAvoy, Fassbender, etc) to end up in modern day main MCU time line. A people out of time so to speak, but with all the chaos of the MCU Magneto would absolutely thrive especially if mutants start popping up all over the globe. Perfect setup without the need for another origin reboot.

ziggyholiday

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, the back story as it is written is a problem for any movie set in “current year”. I just think having him abuse fellow mutants to get agelessness is too much of a change.

Just have him get that same type of experience in a more recent atrocity. If they’re going with a black actor there are many to choose from. I’m sure it will be the Rodney King riots from the 90s.