Marvel Universe stuff

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
This is one where his origin story really just stops working the further we get from the comic in time.

Eventually anything connected to WWII and the suspension of disbelief becomes too much because he ends up being 150 years old. Captain America only worked because he was frozen.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
That’s completely different from “staying young by abusing other mutants”. Magnegro’s time in the camps formed his core principle of protecting his people at all cost, shtick.
It was just a vague suggestion I gave no details for or thought to, he's a bad guy so he could have done any number of bad things "for the greater good".

Maybe he is friends with a mutant that slowed aging down for those around them.

Maybe he was put in statis by another mutant or a secret human prison for powerful mutants.

There are loads of ways to do it. The worst way is "he is black and lived during apartheid".

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
It was just a vague suggestion I gave no details for or thought to, he's a bad guy so he could have done any number of bad things "for the greater good".

Maybe he is friends with a mutant that slowed aging down for those around them.

Maybe he was put in statis by another mutant or a secret human prison for powerful mutants.

There are loads of ways to do it. The worst way is "he is black and lived during apartheid".

No, it's really not.

You're too focused on the "what" that you're completely missing the "why." If WWII becomes so far away historically that it doesn't make any sense then you find something that serves the same purpose, not turn him into a completely different character. He's not supposed to be some immortal Apocalypse type villain

Chris

Potato del Grande
No, it's really not.

You're too focused on the "what" that you're completely missing the "why." If WWII becomes so far away historically that it doesn't make any sense then you find something that serves the same purpose, not turn him into a completely different character. He's not supposed to be some immortal Apocalypse type villain
Again...

Coming up with one of any number of random reasons why he hasn't aged a few extra decades doesn't change his character.

Changing him into a black apartheid survivor completely changes his character.

If we are still having this conversation in a hundred years time, you can start complaining about Apocalypse parallels.

Really they just need to stop rehashing the same shit though and make new characters, super heroes should have been aging in real time for a while now instead of endless multiversal reboots.

• 1Picard

Goatface

bernethal as punisher was great
1659970093294.png

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Again...

Coming up with one of any number of random reasons why he hasn't aged a few extra decades doesn't change his character.

Changing him into a black apartheid survivor completely changes his character.

If we are still having this conversation in a hundred years time, you can start complaining about Apocalypse parallels.

Really they just need to stop rehashing the same shit though and make new characters, super heroes should have been aging in real time for a while now instead of endless multiversal reboots.

Yes, it really does. If it's some new power where he lives forever then it's not the same character. If he's 150 years old, then it's not the same character.

Wolverine being 140ish years old is actually a part of his character.

The only reason the holocaust is important is it's a genocide he was involved in that shaped his world view and motivation. It being in the 30's and '40s in Europe is not important at all. They can even make up a fictional event to not have to do any race swapping and it still works fine.

Your idea that they should just change his mutant abilities and completely change who he is as a character because of some stupid shit that you have no understanding of is pants on head retarded.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Yes, it really does. If it's some new power where he lives forever then it's not the same character. If he's 150 years old, then it's not the same character.

Wolverine being 140ish years old is actually a part of his character.

The only reason the holocaust is important is it's a genocide he was involved in that shaped his world view and motivation. It being in the 30's and '40s in Europe is not important at all. They can even make up a fictional event to not have to do any race swapping and it still works fine.

Your idea that they should just change his mutant abilities and completely change who he is as a character because of some stupid shit that you have no understanding of is pants on head retarded.
Aging up a character is "completely changing who he is" but race and nationality swaps are not? Fuck off.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Why are we arguing about black Magneto when it's Xavier they're apparently planning to blackwash?

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Aging up a character is "completely changing who he is" but race and nationality swaps are not? Fuck off.

Hur durr "aging up a character" to 140 years old is such a minor and normal thing, we could just have him steal children's souls!

You're such a simple minded retard.

It also affects Professor X, Juggernaut, Quicksilver, Wanda, and I'm sure a lot more.

At this point untethering him to a real world event is 100x better than having a bunch of 100+ year old superheroes who appear to be in their 30s, 40s, or 50s

• 1Worf

Chris

Potato del Grande
Why are we arguing about black Magneto when it's Xavier they're apparently planning to blackwash?
I don't mind that as much (still bad).

I get the feeling that Gus from Breaking Bad is the next Christoph Waltz, where they cast a beloved villian in everything but forget the role that good directing/writing/storyline had too.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Hur durr "aging up a character" to 140 years old is such a minor and normal thing, we could just have him steal children's souls!

You're such a simple minded retard.

It also affects Professor X, Juggernaut, Quicksilver, Wanda, and I'm sure a lot more.

At this point untethering him to a real world event is 100x better than having a bunch of 100+ year old superheroes who appear to be in their 30s, 40s, or 50s
You are strawmanning the hell out of what I said, all to justify blackwashing.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Marvel continues to be dead to me and and remains committed to being fucking ignorantly obnoxiously braindead, news at 11.

The M. Night moment in this thread is that I am agreeing with Chris. What has happened to my life.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Why bitch about something stupid when you can bitch about something stupid for absolutely no reason?
NO REASON? Did he really just say no reason? WTF IS NO REASON for them race swapping another classic character?

If Marvel race swaps Professor X, This is go to a theater and protest levels of BS.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Xmen will be trash if they niggefy magneto OR xavier.

• 2Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
NO REASON? Did he really just say no reason? WTF IS NO REASON for them race swapping another classic character?

If Marvel race swaps Professor X, This is go to a theater and protest levels of BS.

You do realize Professor X and Magneto are different characters, right?

You are strawmanning the hell out of what I said, all to justify blackwashing.

I'm not strawmanning anything. Having a character be 140 years old isn't a minor thing, no matter how much you pretend like it is.

I'd prefer they make up a genocide so they wouldn't have to come up with stupid reasons every few years on why he's magically younger than he should be. Tying a character to a historical event is not a great idea for characters that are going to outlive their authors

Apartheid isn't much better it's just kicking the can down the road. You'd then also have to change Wanda and Quicksilver.

• 1Seriously?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Xmen will be trash if they niggefy magneto OR xavier.
its going to be trash either way, this is a Disney woke production. if he isnt black, he will be a white gay woman who has the powers of all the Xmen and her backstory is surviving the patriarchy. there is no win in any of this.

• 1Like

Goatface

in the woke rules, can they hire someone that isn't disabled to play xavier?

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
I'm not strawmanning anything. Having a character be 140 years old isn't a minor thing, no matter how much you pretend like it is.
In 1960 at the age of 25, because he's an extremist and powerful mutant, he is put into an experimental secret prison in Earth orbit, relativistically not aging all that much. In 2000 he escapes and spent the last 20 years catching up on technology and making babies.

It's a comic book character, you can write any old shit, every character has had numerous batshit insane things happen to them.

I'm sure someone can write better.

I'd prefer they make up a genocide so they wouldn't have to come up with stupid reasons every few years on why he's magically younger than he should be. Tying a character to a historical event is not a great idea for characters that are going to outlive their authors

Apartheid isn't much better it's just kicking the can down the road.
How about he's a white survivor of the diversification of the US?

You'd then also have to change Wanda and Quicksilver.
They already did, holocaust isn't a core part of their character.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
In 1960 at the age of 25, because he's an extremist and powerful mutant, he is put into an experimental secret prison in Earth orbit, relativistically not aging all that much. In 2000 he escapes and spent the last 20 years catching up on technology and making babies.

It's a comic book character, you can write any old shit, every character has had numerous batshit insane things happen to them.

I'm sure someone can write better.

How about he's a white survivor of the diversification of the US?

They already did, holocaust isn't a core part of their character.

I see the problem. You don't know shit about any of the characters.

Because even the best Brits are all inferior to the dumbest Americans, you're unable to see how retarded you are