Marvel Universe stuff

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
Bucky got the Soviet super serum plus his iron man tier arm. He wasn't powerless. If anything black cap is less power than falcon cause he gave up his tech suit/wings and drone.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I have a problem with any normal human throwing a metal shield while running and then catching it with their hand in a universe where making them super powered is the absolute lowest bar to get over. We are not talking about some retarded comic book arc that 95%+ of people have never even heard of, much less read. We are talking about the MCU and the dumb decisions they make that push former fans away from their new garbage.
Still bullshit. Chimptain America is bad because of garbage writing, nobody (except you apparently) gives a fuck that he doesn't have powers. Also 'that thing doesnt obey the laws of physics at all' seriously undercuts your already terrible argument.

Bucky got the Soviet super serum plus his iron man tier arm. He wasn't powerless. If anything black cap is less power than falcon cause he gave up his tech suit/wings and drone.
Seeing as how MCU Bucky hasn't had a run as Cap I probably wasn't talking about MCU Bucky.

• 1Cringe
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
My hopes for the reshoots:

First 15 minutes Falcon fails horribly on his first mission as Captain America, and is saved by Bucky, realizing that he's completely inadequate for the role, he gives up the shield to Bucky.

Then we have a good movie.

I can dream right???

• 1Like

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider

First 15 minutes Falcon fails horribly on his first mission as Captain America, and is saved by Bucky, realizing that he's completely inadequate for the role, he gives up the shield to Bucky.

I can dream right???
You're probably half right. Falcon will fail but instead of Bucky he'll give the shield to the Korean War super soldier's grandson creating Patriot for the Young Avengers.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

I can dream right???
Aim higher. Rocks fall, everyone dies.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Who is also trans.
iu

• 1Worf

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
6 months of reshoots? That's the time to film an entire movie. The only reshoots that saves this turd involved bringing back Chris Evans.
Eh, as that Thor clip just above shows (which clearly had a very different Valhalla arc, and no Korg or Valkyrie around), Marvel has basically been operating in a 'first draft' mode before they go in and rewrite huge chunks for a while now.

But unless Thunderbolts can somehow still make Christmas, that leaves Deadpool 3 for next year (and who knows if that will still make May). On one hand, they won't be releasing any stinkers next year, but on the other hand, it will sting when the only good Marvel movie for 18+ months... isn't an MCU movie.

• 1Seriously?

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Eh, as that Thor clip just above shows (which clearly had a very different Valhalla arc, and no Korg or Valkyrie around), Marvel has basically been operating in a 'first draft' mode before they go in and rewrite huge chunks for a while now.

But unless Thunderbolts can somehow still make Christmas, that leaves Deadpool 3 for next year (and who knows if that will still make May). On one hand, they won't be releasing any stinkers next year, but on the other hand, it will sting when the only good Marvel movie for 18+ months... isn't an MCU movie.

But why will it sting? The sting for me is every goddamn movie after Endgame (and some before) being steaming piles of shit. I would rather 0 MCU movies than bad MCU movies.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

its gone

they finished filming Bubba Gump America in June and they were just waiting for the actor strike to end so they could set reshoots up. which starts in January.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
It _should_ sting Feige when the only good MCU movie between GotG 3 in May of 2023 (which, now that I think about it, doesn't have a single character appear in it that isn't from Gunn's movies) and whatever theoretical movie in 2025+ might be good (maybe Thunderbolts in Summer 2025? Maybe?) is Deadpool 3 out of the extinguished Fox brand, not Feige's fiefdom at all.

fris

Vyemm Raider
Correct. Falcon is just a dude with a suit. He's Tony Stark without the brains, Captain without the serum, BP without the cave fruit and alien threads , etc

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah if Falcon can be Captain America, anybody in great physical shape could be Captain America.

They could have created a story that gave the Falcon a similar strength but instead decided that all he needed was a little practice to throw a shield. The shield weighs 12 pounds. There is a large difference in throwing effectiveness between a person who can lift maybe 350(I am being generous based on Falcon's physic) pounds over their head, over a person who can lift 800-1000 pounds. The Winter Soldier was a much better candidate due to having had the serum as well. It could have even been a redemption story for all the chaos he caused in his past.

Correct. Falcon is just a dude with a suit. He's Tony Stark without the brains, Captain without the serum, BP without the cave fruit and alien threads , etc
You missed the most important quality of Captain America. Captain America could lead like no other entity. That skill derived from his past. He was always the little guy but had the heart of a lion. Steve Roger's past is what helped him to be one of the greatest leaders in the MCU. That is not something that is easily replaced no matter how hard a person practices. You can learn the skill but it takes a long time and it really does help to have the right experience to hone the skill. Falcon does not have this experience.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah if Falcon can be Captain America, anybody in great physical shape could be Captain America.

They could have created a story that gave the Falcon a similar strength but instead decided that all he needed was a little practice to throw a shield. The shield weighs 12 pounds. There is a large difference in throwing effectiveness between a person who can lift maybe 350(I am being generous based on Falcon's physic) pounds over their head, over a person who can lift 800-1000 pounds. The Winter Soldier was a much better candidate due to having had the serum as well. It could have even been a redemption story for all the chaos he caused in his past.

You missed the most important quality of Captain America. Captain America could lead like no other entity. That skill derived from his past. He was always the little guy but had the heart of a lion. Steve Roger's past is what helped him to be one of the greatest leaders in the MCU. That is not something that is easily replaced no matter how hard a person practices. You can learn the skill but it takes a long time and it really does help to have the right experience to hone the skill. Falcon does not have this experience.
the TV show didnt overlook this aspect for Falcon, he was able to organize a fundraiser for his Bubba Gump franchise and he poked his finger at the chest of the white guy and told him he needs to do better to help black people.