Marvel Universe stuff

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
The only good thing that came out of She-Hulk was further introducing Charlie Cox as Daredevil into the MCU. Also enjoyed the scenes with Tim Roth as Abomination. Rest of it was a f'n dumpster fire.

With Marvel taking their wokeness to a whole new level with "The Marvels", I'm curious if the upcoming new X-Men movie that will tie into the MCU will be retitled X-They. I fully expect it at this point.

I could unironically see them just calling it "X"

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Juvarisx

Florida
Its so weird too cause they got the humor right in the dream thing that was a call back to the 70's show, they should have just stuck to that.

Secret Invasion is actually the worst out of all of them cause while you didnt expect much from She Hulk (bad) or Ms Marvel (which I thought was fine), it had the oppertunity to be good, had excellent casting outside of Danny and it was just shit. Like real bad and the end was worse. It had no excuse to turn out that bad, then it came out they really dont have showrunners for their fucking shows and its all Fiege or whoever and it was a giant mess.

Fadaar

That guy
Its so weird too cause they got the humor right in the dream thing that was a call back to the 70's show, they should have just stuck to that.

Secret Invasion is actually the worst out of all of them cause while you didnt expect much from She Hulk (bad) or Ms Marvel (which I thought was fine), it had the oppertunity to be good, had excellent casting outside of Danny and it was just shit. Like real bad and the end was worse. It had no excuse to turn out that bad, then it came out they really dont have showrunners for their fucking shows and its all Fiege or whoever and it was a giant mess.

Not having a single vision behind the stories and having everything be by committee has turned everything to shit. I don't know if they did things 2018 and prior the same way but it's become glaringly bad with everything post Endgame other than a few standouts.

Juvarisx

Florida
Not having a single vision behind the stories and having everything be by committee has turned everything to shit. I don't know if they did things 2018 and prior the same way but it's become glaringly bad with everything post Endgame other than a few standouts.

Fiege is still the unified vision for better or worse. What was happening within Marvel is the shows didn't have a show runner to say "This is She Hulk and it will be 70's camp as a homage to The Incredible Hulk, here is what She Hulk can and can't do and here is the bad guy etc". iT had a director that was making zero decisions other then minor ones and filming whatever Marvel Corp said was "This Is She Hulk".

Its why Andor was so good because Tony Gilroy said Andor is this and that and we want to film it this way, use this kind of music etc. Or Mando with Filoni and Farveau. You can tell when a show has a vision, not just here you go random director who made Candyman 2021, film us some Marvels.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
it definitely feels like a lack of supervision on these D+ shows. these activist directors produce their own pet projects which dont align well with the overall MCU storyline and arent well made. so they get reshoots and the budgets balloon. Daredevil on Netflix was only 56m for 13 episodes. stuff like Secret Invasion was 200 million for 6 episodes.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Juvarisx

Florida
it definitely feels like a lack of supervision on these D+ shows. these activist directors produce their own pet projects which dont align well with the overall MCU storyline and arent well made. so they get reshoots and the budgets balloon. Daredevil on Netflix was only 56m for 13 episodes. stuff like Secret Invasion was 200 million for 6 episodes.

Def. Here is a good article about it including how the Mr. Robot writer/producer got pushed out of Secret Invasion so Marvel could do what its awful at.

Maybe it will increase the quality. Who knows, but it cant get much damn worse

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
didnt see this before, thor love and thunder has quite a few deleted scenes that have absolutely nothing to do with what the final movie looks like. obvious reshoots for zeus, but its rendered with some VFX here (the goats, LOL) so just goes to show how much marvel must waste money on rewriting, reshooting, and re-visuals after filming is done.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
6 months of reshoots? That's the time to film an entire movie. The only reshoots that saves this turd involved bringing back Chris Evans.

Are you telling me a movie where black Cap tells white people to be better for 2 1/2 hours isn't going to be a billion dollar box office hit?

• 2Like

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Are you telling me that a Captain America movie with a Cap that isn't a super soldier and actually has no powers at all is going to be miserable???

He still doesn't have power, right? I never watched the D+ show.

• 1Worf

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Are you telling me that a Captain America movie with a Cap that isn't a super soldier and actually has no powers at all is going to be miserable???

He still doesn't have power, right? I never watched the D+ show.

He has no super powers other than the innate power Marvel gives a soulful Southerner whose family owns a fishing boat.

This is not a joke and is a plot point in the show.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
None. Zero. He shouldn't even be able to use the shield because he is a normal person.
Iron Man Eye Roll GIF

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
None. Zero. He shouldn't even be able to use the shield because he is a normal person.
Oh that's just nitpicky bullshit. I don't recall anybody having a problem with the powerless Bucky's run as Cap. Or at the very least not for that reason.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Oh that's just nitpicky bullshit. I don't recall anybody having a problem with the powerless Bucky's run as Cap. Or at the very least not for that reason.

I have a problem with any normal human throwing a metal shield while running and then catching it with their hand in a universe where making them super powered is the absolute lowest bar to get over. We are not talking about some retarded comic book arc that 95%+ of people have never even heard of, much less read. We are talking about the MCU and the dumb decisions they make that push former fans away from their new garbage.