Marvel Universe stuff

Sterling

El Presidente
Spend a couple of years without the money and limelight and a lot of people might change their minds. That being said I don't think getting the gang back together will magically fix this shitshow. I still think you might have some individually good movies, but it's never going back to where almost every movie was good to excellent.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
They say that. Zac Effron said he would never get in Baywatch shape again and swore off the diet.

View attachment 529954

And yet last year

View attachment 529955

1716498238338.png

1716498284697.png

Top and bottom are not the same and require significantly different approaches to diet.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
Spend a couple of years without the money and limelight and a lot of people might change their minds. That being said I don't think getting the gang back together will magically fix this shitshow. I still think you might have some individually good movies, but it's never going back to where almost every movie was good to excellent.
Who knows. They are all going to be cashing MCU checks for the rest of their lives. Evans once said he was done until they started waving bigger and bigger checks at him so maybe not.

Getting people back together won't fix anything. The people calling the shots need to be flushed before anything decent can be done, and that isn't going to happen.

Besides, they are all getting old. RDJ looks like he's got 7 toes in the grave, and the rest would be pushing 50/post 50 by the time they got a project going. Scarlett Johansson was in her 20's when she started MCU. She's be well into her 40's for any project....no thanks. They'd have to digitally deage her and debutt her, too. She was a lard butt in Black Widow movie.

And besides, do we really want to see people shooting laser beams out of their wrists and telling dumb one liners all the time and where no serious things happen to anyone ever? They could multiverse in Iron Man and Black Widow, but that would be the same as if they didn't die at all.

Further, without any changes at the top, we'd just get dumb movies with characters we used to like. See: the last Dr Strange movie.

They got 20+ movies out of it, perhaps it is time to take the MCU out behind the shed and hit it in the back of the head with a shovel.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bald Brah

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Why can't marvel recast their original super squad?

DC doesn't seem to have any issues casting new actors into batman or superman costumes.

The batman did okay. No one had a problem going from Keaton to Clooney to Bale to Batfleck.

Just stop turning everything into a gay black person. No one wants to see that shit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Don't remember him getting fat, think he got some facial surgery so I think that made his face get puffy. I guess he broke his jaw and wired shut, had multiple injuries after Baywatch

Last edited:

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Don't remember him getting fat, think he got some facial surgery so I think that made his face get puffy. I guess he broke his jaw and wired shut, had multiple injuries after Baywatch
Also there's a difference between being fit and being 300/Baywatch fit.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Why can't marvel recast their original super squad?

DC doesn't seem to have any issues casting new actors into batman or superman costumes.
Other than the shitty movies and box office bombing?

You need a new take on the characters after time away to recast, then the movie has to be good.

I'd argue that Christian Bale Batman was the only successful DC recast with 8 years away and a tone shift.

X-Men had a successful recast after 5 years away and a time period change.

Disney isn't going to take time off and the tone change in their current state will be "put a chick in it and make her lame and gay".

They could make it work if in 10 years they make an X Men focused new MCU with more street level stories and secret identities.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'd argue that Christian Bale Batman was the only successful DC recast with 8 years away and a tone shift.
I disagree with this part. While the movie wasn't a great success, the recast of Batman with sparkly vampire guy wasn't the problem. I thought he worked well in the role.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
That has nothing to do with my response to you saying Bale was the only successful recast. I disagree.
I was talking a little more broadly than just the actor as you can tell from my post, perhaps I should have said reboot. Like Henry Cavill was fine as Superman but the shared universe planning and snyderisms sucked.

But I can't imagine a full Avengers recast while still being in the same continuity and without a break to forget the old cast somewhat. That's the realm of shitty straight to video cash grabs.

Sanrith Descartes

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I was talking a little more broadly than just the actor as you can tell from my post, perhaps I should have said reboot. Like Henry Cavill was fine as Superman but the shared universe planning and snyderisms sucked.

But I can't imagine a full Avengers recast while still being in the same continuity and without a break to forget the old cast somewhat. That's the realm of shitty straight to video cash grabs.
Fair enough. I took it to mean Bale was the only good successful recast.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
you're never gonna recreate that lightning in a bottle even with the old actors again. nobody trusts the people at Marvel, nobody likes how Feige fubared the entire franchise or Iger for allowing him to do it. as has been said, there needs to be a top to bottom purge of the gatekeepers at Marvel. only a major shakeup will give people a reason for trying the MCU again.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Deadpool making a billion might help. It "might" have them realize that pussy shit isn't as lucrative as violence and language.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
Deadpool making a billion might help. It "might" have them realize that pussy shit isn't as lucrative as violence and language.
Deadpool making a billion won't matter, we are in a post profit society. The only way it matters is to enable them to keep the same people in the same positions because "they" made a movie that was a hit.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Deadpool making a billion won't matter, we are in a post profit society. The only way it matters is to enable them to keep the same people in the same positions because "they" made a movie that was a hit.
someday the adults will be back in charge. of course it will most likely be too late at that point, but they cant sustain this failure after failure business model for much longer. something gotta give. maybe when the parks completely alienate everyone including the "whales" and then a big fucking crash will hit Disney right in the jimmy.

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
Disney is worth something like 160 billion. They can do this for a while. The people allowing and promoting this stuff don't care at all if they burn Disney down any more than the Witcher writer's staff cared about wrecking that franchise.

• 1Like

Bald Brah

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Disney is worth something like 160 billion. They can do this for a while. The people allowing and promoting this stuff don't care at all if they burn Disney down any more than the Witcher writer's staff cared about wrecking that franchise.
Disney might have enough money to keep it up for a while, but local theaters won't when no one turns up to see these shitty movies. Eventually theaters might just stop buying their crap.

• 2Like