Marvel Universe stuff

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Anyone know where to find the leaked footage of the trailer they showed to NY comic con? I really want to see it.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i don't' understand why Marvel is so dumb, is it that hard to make a movie adaptation of Avengers Disassembled? Then at the end Marvel get's "No More Mutants" and now they have Fox by the balls. Civil War is a crappy storyline and it's not like they even have that big of a roster to do it.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
i don't' understand why Marvel is so dumb, is it that hard to make a movie adaptation of Avengers Disassembled? Then at the end Marvel get's "No More Mutants" and now they have Fox by the balls. Civil War is a crappy storyline and it's not like they even have that big of a roster to do it.
If the civil war doesn't start until 2016, the roster will start to be pretty big. Then every solo movie is a different story about the civil war for two or so years. It is a shame they don't have access to FF and Spidey for it.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Marvel can't use the word Mutant in a movie or some shit right? That's why SW & Quicksilver aren't 'mutants' in the avengers movie.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
And it really doesn't grab Fox by the balls since the films aren't set in the same universe and have nothing to do with each other.

I award you no points and may god have mercy on your soul.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I really don't see how they can do Civil War without there being a broader base of heroes in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

The core point of contention is the registration act and the question of government sanctioned superhumans vs. secret vigilantes. Right now the only superhuman heroes in the Marvel Cinematic Universe are the Avengers and until Age of Ultron hits only Thor, Hulk, and Cap have legitimate super powers! (Widow and Hawkeye are very very talented humans and Iron Man is a suit)

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
And it really doesn't grab Fox by the balls since the films aren't set in the same universe and have nothing to do with each other.

I award you no points and may god have mercy on your soul.
Marvel is really trying to shoehorn Inhumans into the comics, it's just horrible how bad they're trying and failing, they really want to get rid of mutants, just like how they're sidelining the fantastic four.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Something like Inhumanity (global release of Terrigen mists) triggers exponential growth in the number of super powered "Gifted" humans. Perhaps this is territory they will cover in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. especially as most "Gifted" types seem to be dangerous. Then at least you could have an argument of personal privacy for those effected by the Mists who lead otherwise normal lives and want to be left alone. This really co-opts the Mutant Registration Act more than it does the notion of registration for superheroes though...

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I really don't see how they can do Civil War without there being a broader base of heroes in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

The core point of contention is the registration act and the question of government sanctioned superhumans vs. secret vigilantes. Right now the only superhuman heroes in the Marvel Cinematic Universe are the Avengers and until Age of Ultron hits only Thor, Hulk, and Cap have legitimate super powers! (Widow and Hawkeye are very very talented humans and Iron Man is a suit)
And Iron Man, Black Widow, and Captain America's identities are already known, while Thor doesn't even have one. The Marvel movie universe really hasn't done much up to this point of even exploring secret identities or why they are needed, which is something they're really going to need to do if this is going to become a big enough of an issue of contention between Iron Man and Captain America to turn them against each other, particularly if they want us on Cap's side.

Caliane

And Iron Man, Black Widow, and Captain America's identities are already known, while Thor doesn't even have one. The Marvel movie universe really hasn't done much up to this point of even exploring secret identities or why they are needed, which is something they're really going to need to do if this is going to become a big enough of an issue of contention between Iron Man and Captain America to turn them against each other, particularly if they want us on Cap's side.
well they do have the "infiltrated by Hydra" aspect.
They don't have the "massive superhuman fuckup" yet do they? Only xmen universe does right?
Of course that could easily be the start of the movie. "wonders" start showing up, timelapse over the course of 2 years. Wonder has his/her powers go out of control, levels a city, killing millions.
Registration act.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
One of the things that transformers 4 did right was show how distrustful people became after Chicago was destroyed in the previous movie. Marvel movies have the perfect opportunity to do the same type of thing. You wouldn't need nitro blowing up a school... Just use whatever happens in the climax of avengers 2

Sceleris_sl

shitlord

That is exactly why Iron man wanted them regulated. So that might work pretty well.
If you have read the news about marvel lately, they are going to be introducing quite a few superheroes. Dr. Strange, Black Panther, Daredevil (series but Daredevil played quite the part in civil war so i expect a crossover) Luke Cage, Mockingbird and whoever the hell they feel like.

It doesn't really matter that it's not going to be a carbon copy of the comic series. The one character they do not have plays a very critical role in the civil war story though....Spiderman. He is a big PoV character in the entire civil war story because he gets goaded by Iron man to reveal his identity, pretty much the only superhuman who actively tried to hide it. That is the big problem i see with civil war being filmed.

How to trigger the civil war? simple. Hulk goes apeshit. Iron man blames banner, Cap protects Banner. There ya go, you just fixed the problem of introducing the new warriors, various cannonfodder and you can erase the entire wolverine storyline. Mutants weren't a very big part of the civil war because Emma Frost basically told both cap and Iron man to fuck off. Punisher can be used as the guy who makes Caps crusade look like a failure. And Crossbones can still kill cap in the end. Fantastic four can easily be taken care of not using them because it's a sidestory between a house divided and the impact of the superhuman registration act. Let go of the Negative zone but use some far away special prison based on earth and you can still keep the prison break in by cap to free all the ones who got imprisoned.

I just hope they do a Thor movie after civil war, where Thor comes back(don't need him during the story except a clone for like 1 scene) and Iron man threatens him, then Thor pimpslaps Iron man (coolest comic book moment ever) and Thor tells him to go fuck himself.

So all in all you need a small core as a PoV,(Cap, Iron man, spiderman,1 Scene of Thor, some newly introduced heroes and some no name cannonfodder in a slightly familiar outfit.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I think they'll use the Civil War to help transition the first phase actors to their replacements. We know Robert Downey Jr. and Chris Evans are almost done with their contracts and have indicated they might not be interested in continuing. Kevin Faige said they want to go James Bond and just recast the roles, rather than reboot...

Why not use the events of Civil War where Captain America becomes totally disillusioned with America's Goverment and hangs up the shield and someone else takes the mantle. Tony screws up with Ultron, makes bad decisions in Civil War that alienates him with everyone...and decides to pass on the mantle also.

Don't even have to recast use Winter Soldier and James Rhodes. Eventually recast as Steve Rogers and Tony Stark come back to the job...but since a few years has passed in real life, you can recast and there will be less comparison to original actors than to the temporary replacements who were just before them.