Marvel Universe stuff

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Or maybe the fight was already over and they just threw in a gag of knocking the hulk out instead of having him revert to Banner in front of all those people.
Maybe too the MCU is a little less retarded about Hulk's power level and vulnerabilities. Absolutely invincible when angry enough is really not a compelling character.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Maybe too the MCU is a little less retarded about Hulk's power level and vulnerabilities. Absolutely invincible when angry enough is really not a compelling character.
I agree. I do not think they are writing the hulk to be this creature that gets more powerful the angrier he gets. It is kind of like Superman. Superman is strong, but if you give Superman the strength that some stories have portrayed, then it just gets stupid. I think that the Hulk can be killed but it does take a lot more than a bullet to the head to do it. I kind of think of it like the T-1000 in the terminator series. 99% of what should kill him doesn't and so you have to come up with something extraordinary to do it. A better way to deal with the Hulk would most likely involve either banishing him or trapping him.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Caps side on the comics was the weaker side, that's why they were in hiding. That's why they mostly stuck to guerilla tactics

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
This. It's just like when Iron Man stood up to Thor. They've made everyone somewhat vulnerable, and that's a good thing. I actually thought it was nice seeing Hulk get taken down in a way that still showed, despite all the preparation and resources, and even having Banner help, Tony could just barely defeat him. I didn't feel like it weakened the Hulk, but it did set some limits on his power.

Some people argued "what's the point of the Hulk now if Iron Man can just do what he does!"--lol, but I think people have been gaming too long who say that shit. It isn't like the Avengers have a raid cap..Hulk+Iron Man>>>>Either of them alone. Also, it isn't like Iron Man can just whip Hulk's ass whenever, as they carefully showed, dude need a lot of prep, and still almost got shit on. Which shows if you dump Tony into a rough fight out of no where, he's not going to be able to do what Hulk does. So I actually liked the Hulk fight.

Homsar

This. It's just like when Iron Man stood up to Thor. They've made everyone somewhat vulnerable, and that's a good thing. I actually thought it was nice seeing Hulk get taken down in a way that still showed, despite all the preparation and resources, and even having Banner help, Tony could just barely defeat him. I didn't feel like it weakened the Hulk, but it did set some limits on his power.

Some people argued "what's the point of the Hulk now if Iron Man can just do what he does!"--lol, but I think people have been gaming too long who say that shit. It isn't like the Avengers have a raid cap..Hulk+Iron Man>>>>Either of them alone. Also, it isn't like Iron Man can just whip Hulk's ass whenever, as they carefully showed, dude need a lot of prep, and still almost got shit on. Which shows if you dump Tony into a rough fight out of no where, he's not going to be able to do what Hulk does. So I actually liked the Hulk fight.
Hulk is supposed to be a world breaker, Iron man knocked him out. Iron man is the Batman sadly.

Homsar

Marvel? Hulk has only got knocked out in stupid issues, its on the verge of Iron Man stopping Juggernaut

If they wanted to go that route they should have made Banner Grey Hulk(which they thought about?)

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So, Hulk is a shitty hero?

Oh noes, the movies deviated from the source material, burn it all down!

Homsar

Its shitty writing, at this point Professor x could make Stark kill Hulk. Iron Man is more powerful in every way now

j00t

Not to mention that Iron Man had to do something completely desperate and crazy to stop Hulk.
Yeah. Like punch him in the side of the head. Most people go right at him instead of thinking outside the box like stark did

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I was referring to piledriving him through a skyscraper. The fight was already over, that punch at the end was just supposed to be something funny like Hulk punching Thor in the first movie.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Its shitty writing, at this point Professor x could make Stark kill Hulk. Iron Man is more powerful in every way now
If Iron Man couldn't stop him the way he did (or something similar), what did you want to happen? I see three options: a) Hulk destroys the world, b) some omnipotent previously unknown being stops him, or c) Black Widow sings him a lullaby. Which of those do you think is better for the movie and simultaneously more entertaining than what happened?

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They are not going to make Hulk a "World Breaker". That is obvious, otherwise that city would have been a lot more destroyed than it was. Now could they write something in that indeed energizes the Hulk's power to a level that could break worlds? That might be a way of dealing with what is coming. The writers will certainly have to come up with a feasible solution to Thanos. The Hulk's power derives itself from an Altered DNA caused by radiation. It has always seemed stupid to me that that led too a Human transforming to a creature withno limitof strength and total invincibility, because it gets angry. I realize it is science fiction but there needs to be limits even in a science fiction based world. The Hulk is incredibly strong and arguebly the strongest individual in the Universe, but it still has limits. That is the way it should be.

j00t

I was referring to piledriving him through a skyscraper. The fight was already over, that punch at the end was just supposed to be something funny like Hulk punching Thor in the first movie.
I know, and honestly I agree, it just had to be said

Sceleris_sl

shitlord
Hulk has always been a character driven by emotion. In avengers he only attacked those who betrayed/attacked him or Banner...Thor and Black Widow. He never was threatening to cap or Iron Man. So you might want to state that a Banner sub conscious is still there when he is hulked out, probably the only reason why the lullaby works. Banner being somewhat part of his consciousness might be a little handbrake on his exact power level. A smarter hulk is a weaker hulk, we've seen it before in the comics, he calculates things and has moral limits. In the first avengers movie he embraces the hulk in the final battle, but you see a much tamer more controllable hulk. Still pretty much a loose cannon, but slightly more controlled then at the helicarrier. Hulk being suckerpunched by iron man is easily explained. He was under the influence of scarlet witch's mind control. A good knock on the head has shown to be a good remedy to snap people out of the mind control, see hawkeye and black widow in avengers 1.

HUH_sl

shitlord
Was the Hulk even knocked out? I just took the fact he Hulk sits around for 20 seconds looking shocked at all the damage he was causing was Banner regaining control which ended the fight, did they cut to a scene of unconscious banner that I'm forgetting? The punch was just a gag callback to the Thor/Hulk fight.