Marvel Universe stuff

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
that scene was forced because some of those characters have been forced on us. more to come. but sure, she hulk, she thor, afro cap and lady iron man wont be forced either.

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
that scene was forced because some of those characters have been forced on us. more to come. but sure, she hulk, she thor, afro cap and lady iron man wont be forced either.

She Hulk has been around for decades and I don't think anyone important has complained of this. :p

• 1Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member

I have no problem with She-Hulk at all. I don't even necessarily have a problem with She-Thor because Portman isn't going to be making a bunch of She-Thor movies. Afro Cap is fine too. Even in the comics he's the most logical person to replace Steve Rogers and it's not like Falcon is a new diversity made character by any means. As for Lady Iron Man, that can suck a dick... but at least it looks like we'll get some rage cuz it'll probably not be the black girl version.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
I have no problem with She-Hulk at all. I don't even necessarily have a problem with She-Thor because Portman isn't going to be making a bunch of She-Thor movies. Afro Cap is fine too. Even in the comics he's the most logical person to replace Steve Rogers and it's not like Falcon is a new diversity made character by any means. As for Lady Iron Man, that can suck a dick... but at least it looks like we'll get some rage cuz it'll probably not be the black girl version.
Yeah some of the things are whatever. I don't really care that Valkyrie is black or Heimdal is black or whatever. She-Hulk is fine, Falcon as Cap is fine. Most of the other things are kind of whatever individually, it's just when you have 10 things instead of 2 things it's just too much. The actual big issues are more along the lines of losing the main cast and the writing getting worse. Nobody expects these movies to be Schindler's List, but you don't want them to turn into the DC movies either.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
individually its fine. replacing all the Avengers with diversity hires can eat a bag of dicks though.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users

Seananigans

Potato del Grande
<Screenshotted>
Those are some very unfortunate abs. Like a retarded 3 year old built him with duplo blocks and couldn't quite figure it out.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Definitely looks like he went through a wormhole and half of his torso came through half inch higher than the rest.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Remember what happened when George Lucas was surrounded by yes men? We got the prequels. Now Feige is surrounded by yes men. We aren't going to get any more Civil Wars, no more 10 year build-ups to an epic climax, it's all going to be more garbage like Black Panther and Captain Marvel.
The thing is, Lucas only became Lucas because of other people: A large chuck of "his" creation was the actually the input of other people i.e the trench scene being created in the editing room, Coppola and Spielberg's influence on the final cut, etc. so that when you removed all of that feedback and replaced it with "yes" men who blew smoke up his ass, you got the crap that Star Wars would have been without his wife and friends. Now, don't think for a minute that I don't see what is coming, that all of Disney isn't dancing the D&I beat but Feige isn't relying on yes men to build his artistic empire: He is the friend who is helping to shape other artists' visions to fit into his own. And if the movies stop making money and the audiences stop coming, I think that he is smart enough to course correct so that they don't lose them completely.

• 1Salty

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It wasn't the best example because Feige won't destroy the MCU due to an out of control ego, he'll destroy it because he's a diversity cultist. The Eternals is a diversity checklist, the showrunner for WandaVision (who was also a writer on Captain Marvel and Black Widow) has openly said that she doesn't like superhero movies and is more interested in making statements, Falcon and Winter Soldier is going to be about people freaking out that Captain America is black now, Hawkeye is gender swapping, Thor 4 is gonna be some silly bullshit with Natalie Portman, and one of the biggest trainwrecks ever is getting her own series (Kamala Khan).

Phase 4 is going to be terrible.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Garbage
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Which is fine by me, because I have irreversible super hero fatigue at the moment anyway. So if they kept churning out passable to good content I'd feel obligated to at least watch trailers and they'd get enough viewership and make enough money to keep churning out crap. This should make it peter out quite nicely, which may give us a brief reprieve, and a fresh take. I honestly don't care how good the next phase even looks, I have no interest in actually watching any of it. I'm done with the MCU. We got Endgame, we got our epic, leave it be.

That's one of the things Lucas got very, very right. He stopped. He realized it would be better to let it percolate for years, even if he couldn't put forth the same quality, because people would be hoping for more instead of going to see the next movie like it was the morning commute. Lucas failed trying to write a "new" Star Wars for a "new" audience instead of just going back to why he stopped making them in the first place. The integrity of the IP. The same way Disney is failing.

it's hard to find something that fell so far from grace as Lucasfilm. Him, his team, the ideas, the IP, he knew it was worth protecting. And then he gave it all up when he started feeling starved for the attention he had gotten after the original trilogy. He ALMOST did the right thing. Almost.

Such is the vicious cycle of human entertainment consumption and money. And I don't think anyone here would have even waited as long as he did for the sake of artistic integrity, even if he failed in the end. I think most of us would have kept driving the gravy train.

• 1Salty

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I'm off most of this week... just put on Endgame... God damn, the opening is so fucking good. It hits you immediately with Hawkeye losing his whole family, then the entire scene in space with Tony & Nebula is awesome, emotional, and so well done. We all knew Tony was going to die, so it almost makes you think it's happening right here at the beginning.

You know, in terms of entertainment, we are all very lucky. Marvel did something truly amazing, 22(?) films, almost all were great, some stumbled, telling a cohesive and interesting story about these infinity stones, and culminated in the two best movies of the entire series (Infinity War & Endgame.) We will remember these movies for the rest of our lives, and almost certainly we will never see another cinematic feat like this. This is a once in a life time thing and we all got to experience it in real time, movie by movie, and gush over each one.

Just look at Star Wars. They had 3 good movies over 30 years ago, and nothing but shit since, and people still obsess over it. We have 22 great fucking movies with Marvel! I think we all agree there's a good chance the next phase will ruin it all with she-heros, but even if that happens, this epic streak we just finished will always be there for us to go back and enjoy.

Edit:

And with all the she heros... We have enough awesome ones already. Nebula fucking rules, Gamora is great, Black Widow fucking awesome, Wasp fine, honestly they're all awesome/fine except for Pepper Potts and Captain Marvel. Nebula almost steals the movie for me in Endgame.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I'm off most of this week... just put on Endgame... God damn, the opening is so fucking good. It hits you immediately with Hawkeye losing his whole family, then the entire scene in space with Tony & Nebula is awesome, emotional, and so well done. We all knew Tony was going to die, so it almost makes you think it's happening right here at the beginning.

You know, in terms of entertainment, we are all very lucky. Marvel did something truly amazing, 22(?) films, almost all were great, some stumbled, telling a cohesive and interesting story about these infinity stones, and culminated in the two best movies of the entire series (Infinity War & Endgame.) We will remember these movies for the rest of our lives, and almost certainly we will never see another cinematic feat like this. This is a once in a life time thing and we all got to experience it in real time, movie by movie, and gush over each one.

Just look at Star Wars. They had 3 good movies over 30 years ago, and nothing but shit since, and people still obsess over it. We have 22 great fucking movies with Marvel! I think we all agree there's a good chance the next phase will ruin it all with she-heros, but even if that happens, this epic streak we just finished will always be there for us to go back and enjoy.

Edit:

And with all the she heros... We have enough awesome ones already. Nebula fucking rules, Gamora is great, Black Widow fucking awesome, Wasp fine, honestly they're all awesome/fine except for Pepper Potts and Captain Marvel. Nebula almost steals the movie for me in Endgame.
Scarlet Witch earned herself some respect with Infinity War and Endgame since her debut in Ultron. i think that was just due to her love for Vision and her wrath after his death. Post-Endgame, it seems like she has no purpose now

• 2Like