Marvel Universe stuff

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The new Kang the Conquerer...

80's slapping GIF

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Speaking with Variety, his attorney Priya Chaudhry released a lengthy statement confirming they have plenty of evidence proving his innocence:

“Jonathan Majors is completely innocent and is provably the victim of an altercation with a woman he knows. We are quickly gathering and presenting evidence to the District Attorney with the expectation that all charges will be dropped imminently.
Evidence includes video footage from the vehicle where this episode took place, witness testimony from the driver and others who both saw and heard the episode, and most importantly, two written statements from the woman recanting these allegations.
All the evidence proves that Mr. Majors is entirely innocent and did not assault her whatsoever. Unfortunately, this incident came about because this woman was having an emotional crisis, for which she was taken to a hospital yesterday. The NYPD is required to make an arrest in these situations, and this is the only reason Mr. Majors was arrested. We expect these charges to be dropped soon.”

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
The woman recanting her statement means little, and was actually expected by me due to the ::spraypaints hair pink:: massive Power Imbalance between him and her.

But if the cab driver is also backing him up? ...I guess he might be paid-off, but I'm more inclined to believe Kang's side of the story in that case.

One thing is for sure...with them going the "she's mentally ill" route, if that woman really was the victim then getting publicly dragged and gaslit about this isn't gonna do her any favors.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The woman recanting her statement means little, and was actually expected by me due to the ::spraypaints hair pink:: massive Power Imbalance between him and her.

But if the cab driver is also backing him up? ...I guess he might be paid-off, but I'm more inclined to believe Kang's side of the story in that case.

One thing is for sure...with them going the "she's mentally ill" route, if that woman really was the victim then getting publicly dragged and gaslit about this isn't gonna do her any favors.
if there is video evidence then they need to show it. sooner the better. if she hits him first and then he chokes a bitch, thats NOT going to help him.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
if there is video evidence then they need to show it. sooner the better. if she hits him first and then he chokes a bitch, thats NOT going to help him.

Him choking someone who attacked him isn't better than him choking someone for no reason?

Ok Chuk

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tsar Bomba

Molten Core Raider
Disney cannot afford to have this controversy. Iger is trying to cut 5 Billion ( yes that's billion) out of the budget to turn Disney around.

Then again perhaps Jonathan was method-acting?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Speaking with Variety, his attorney Priya Chaudhry released a lengthy statement confirming they have plenty of evidence proving his innocence:
So what, she choked herself and smashed her head against the door until she opened up a laceration behind her ear? The initial reports described injuries a bit more serious than what you might expect if he was just slapping a hysterical woman to get her to calm down. If video of him Ray Ricing her leaks it's gonna be pretty damned hard to justify not parting ways with him whether she started it or not.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
So what, she choked herself and smashed her head against the door until she opened up a laceration behind her ear? The initial reports described injuries a bit more serious than what you might expect if he was just slapping a hysterical woman to get her to calm down. If video of him Ray Ricing her leaks it's gonna be pretty damned hard to justify not parting ways with him whether she started it or not.
he's already ruined, he will never be Kangz again.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

Sounded like more of a Chris Brown Rihanna situation. She unloaded on him with a salvo of punches so he snapped.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The original casting besides Alba was pretty great. The directing was complete shit. Also Reed kind of sucks, he's best staying behind doing his thing

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
he's already ruined, he will never be Kangz again.
It's a tossup. If they keep him there will be screeching about misogyny, if they fire him there will be screeching about racism because of WB not parting ways with Miller.

Major's lawyer has been pretty terrible throughout this. Like every statement he released should have been phrased differently.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
1679924425739.png

I wonder if the actor they pick to replace Majors to play the character pictured here will also just happen to be black.

I mean of course its all about acting talent. Funny how it just happens that way