Marvel Universe stuff

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Firing the guy who was trying to protect them from going down this diversity road in the first place, while all those in charge of the mess are still around, bwahahaha.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Was he really trying to protect them? From what I read, that guy was heavily suggesting some big activist get a seat on Disney's board of directors. And Iger wasn't a fan of that push.

Here's an article that isn't behind a subscription wall.
That and how bad he fucked up Marvel TV.

Juvarisx

Florida

The dude was fucking with CA: Civil War so bad that the Russo's threatened to quit. He didn't want Capt and Iron Man to fight each other instead to fight some stupid hydra dudes completely kneecapping the point of the film. Its why he got exiled to marvel purgatory in the first place, he just became redundant after that. Look you can like him all you want for preventing a Black Widow film, but the dude had fucking lost it creatively.

Last edited:

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Don't know why anyone cares. The reality at this point is that the Marvel franchise is dead. They'll keep dumping money at it, but it's trash tier content.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Don't know why anyone cares. The reality at this point is that the Marvel franchise is dead. They'll keep dumping money at it, but it's trash tier content.
They should have sold it off after Endgame since they clearly had no path going forward. They would have made such a huge profit and spared themselves the degradation. I bet Marvel isn't worth half of what it was back in 2019.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I just heard that Marvel was looking to recast Kang for every future movie. I didn't read anything official about it yet, but that's the rumor mill.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I just heard that Marvel was looking to recast Kang for every future movie. I didn't read anything official about it yet, but that's the rumor mill.
he's gonna be gone, his brilliant lawyer dropped a bunch of texts from allegedly Major's GF to show how innocent he was. it ended up backfiring because it confirms that she got WTFpwned because she tried to grab his phone and said that she was sorry about the fight. when this video gets released, if that ever happens, its going to show him beating down this woman, even if he was justified for doing so legally, its still going to shit up his career in Marvel and getting work elsewhere. the visuals of his hands around this women's neck and knocking her the fuck out is all that its going to take.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Unless it shows her literally grabbing his phone and he pulls it back and she falls or something because she's off balance. Maybe.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Unless it shows her literally grabbing his phone and he pulls it back and she falls or something because she's off balance. Maybe.
It's about image and branding. Has nothing to do with Majors being in the right. Look at Depp. He was exonerated and successfully sued Amber Heard to clear his name/brand. Disney or really any major studio still wants nothing to do with him. Once you're tarnished, you tend to stay tarnished. Marvel is tarnished and they are desperate to recover. They arent going to stick with an actor who they pushed in a major film that horribly flopped. Dude is gone.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Was he really trying to protect them? From what I read, that guy was heavily suggesting some big activist get a seat on Disney's board of directors. And Iger wasn't a fan of that push.

Here's an article that isn't behind a subscription wall.
God damn dude you will just grasp at any possible straw to justify your Feige worship won't you? You realize we're talking about an 80 year old billionaire who used his industry influence to make sure that his white as the driven snow and utterly talentless daughter Nicola got to play Katara in The Last Airbender instead of someone who more closely resembled a water tribe member? Did it never occur to you that activist might have a different meaning when used in an article in Fortune magazine? "Activist investors" are people who buy significant minority stakes in major corporations and then trigger proxy battles with results ranging from a change in company policy to outright hostile takeovers.

Marvel TV was run by Jeph Loeb. He may have answered to Perlmutter but Perlmutter plainly didn't involve himself in TV the way he did the movies or else the TV shows wouldn't look like a walking talking DEI checklist.

The dude was fucking with CA: Civil War so bad that the Russo's threatened to quit. He didn't want Capt and Iron Man to fight each other instead to fight some stupid hydra dudes completely kneecapping the point of the film. Its why he got exiled to marvel purgatory in the first place, he just became redundant after that. Look you can like him all you want for preventing a Black Widow film, but the dude had fucking lost it creatively.

Sounds like bullshit where only half (or less) of the story is being told. The Creative Committee was not just Perlmutter, it was five people including Bendis (creator of Iron Man but sassy black girl and Spider Man but blaxican) and Quesada (Peter and Mary Jane give their wedding to Mephisto). I'd lay dollars to donuts the retarded attempts to rewrite civil war came from those two.

• 1Mother of God

Goatface

‘Fantastic Four’: Josh Friedman Takes Over As Scribe For Forthcoming Marvel Pic​

1680320153139.png

• 1Direct to DVD

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i've been ignoring marvel for a few years, they made kang this nogger?

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It's about image and branding. Has nothing to do with Majors being in the right. Look at Depp. He was exonerated and successfully sued Amber Heard to clear his name/brand. Disney or really any major studio still wants nothing to do with him. Once you're tarnished, you tend to stay tarnished. Marvel is tarnished and they are desperate to recover. They arent going to stick with an actor who they pushed in a major film that horribly flopped. Dude is gone.

If Antman did numbers it'd be a different story. This one will be a fast sweep out the door.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I say that because others are coming forward now to shitpile on Majors with similar stories about his behavior. The Twitter weirdos are devouring him.

He's a hell of an actor and I really liked him in everything I've seen him in. That said something about him also gave me the willies, and I'm a good judge of character, so not surprised he's got a violent/abusive edge.

I expect Marvel to keep him on and take the drubbing for it. Guy was supposed to be the centerpiece of the next two Avengers movies and they're not gonna fuck that up.

Taking a drubbing now isn't gonna be easy for them like it would have a few years ago when they were bulletproof. They're already doing really poorly as of late (yet still better than DC). This would have actually been the perfect time for DC to capitalize and take the lead with a strong slate of Superman/Batman/Justice League/whatever lined up if the DCU weren't run by the dumbest studio on Earth.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
That's a strange way to say 'The people who posted anecdotes about his history of violent and abusive behavior have already deleted the post and/or locked their account'.

By no stretch of the imagination is he being "devoured" on twitter.

I expect them to pay off the cab driver and tell everyone accusing him to shut up if they know what's good for them. They really want Majors to be the Hollywood golden boy now.

Who's they? IDK.

Besides all that, he still has to do the George Floyd Movie eventually. Probably coming out in May 2030 on the anniversary and full of revisionist history

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
He's a hell of an actor and I really liked him in everything I've seen him in. That said something about him also gave me the willies, and I'm a good judge of character, so not surprised he's got a violent/abusive edge.

I expect Marvel to keep him on and take the drubbing for it. Guy was supposed to be the centerpiece of the next two Avengers movies and they're not gonna fuck that up.

Taking a drubbing now isn't gonna be easy for them like it would have a few years ago when they were bulletproof. They're already doing really poorly as of late (yet still better than DC). This would have actually been the perfect time for DC to capitalize and take the lead with a strong slate of Superman/Batman/Justice League/whatever lined up if the DCU weren't run by the dumbest studio on Earth.
i think ive only seen him in Loki, he is a pretty good actor. but that doesnt mean anything if there is a bunch of negative baggage attached to him. Jack Sparrow is one of the most iconic movie characters of the last 20 years and Depp tanked his career with his alcoholism and poor choices in women which is a result of his alcoholism. now nobody wants to deal with him cept booze companies because he's one of their best customers. Majors being a woman beater would not be an issue ten years ago. that shit isnt flying today. not when attracting women consumers is more important to Disney Marvel than men who they feel they have locked in.