Marvel Universe stuff

spronk

FPS noob
i'd put loki, hawkeye, and wandavision as tier 1 D+ shows although wandavision depends heavily on how much you loved 60s and 70s sitcoms. I fucking love so many of them - I love Lucy, Hogans Heroes, Beverly Hillbillies, Get Smart - that WandaVision felt like a show made for me and nobody else, although I know Feige also loved those old sitcoms which is the only reason it got made that way.

Falcon/WS, Moon Knight are shit tier that are laughably bad. I didn't watch Ms Marvel or She Hulk or Secret Invasion, pretty much gave up on D+ shows after how shitty Moon Knight was

anyways filming has begun to stop on all movies made in the US, deadpool 3 included. it means all 2024/2025 movies will start shuffling out as even the stuff supposed to release early will get delayed into previously locked slots.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I too enjoyed Hawkeye. I also thought Ms Marvel was enjoyable, mostly the actress just fit the role well.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, I'd put Hawkeye at the top of my list of the Marvel shows as well. Ms Marvel did really well with the casting and characters, but felt like it was trying to stuff three seasons of stories into one relatively short season. Moon Knight did some interesting stuff with the character's mental condition, but it was one of those superhero shows where they spend too much time on the secret identity, and not enough on the actual superhero.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

joz123

Potato del Grande
Hawkeye has been the best thing post Endgame. Being more grounded and realistic compared to the other crap helped a lot.

• 3Like

Sevens

Log Wizard
Hawkeye
Werewolf by Night
Wandavision
Moon Knight
all the other shit.

Don't have Disney+ anymore so haven't seen anything since WBN

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Werewolf by night was the best by far.
Now I want to watch it qgain

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
i'd put loki, hawkeye, and wandavision as tier 1 D+ shows although wandavision depends heavily on how much you loved 60s and 70s sitcoms. I fucking love so many of them - I love Lucy, Hogans Heroes, Beverly Hillbillies, Get Smart - that WandaVision felt like a show made for me and nobody else, although I know Feige also loved those old sitcoms which is the only reason it got made that way.
agree 100%. Loki is my top 1 because I love the weird shit in Marvel more than anything. I love what Wandavision went for right out of the box. But the biggest surprise in my interest list was how much I liked Hawkeye, that was the first series I considered passing on and it over delivered in a huge way.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Why don't we like Loki? I thought it was kinda cool. Was it the weird plot holes it introduced?

Sevens

Log Wizard
Why don't we like Loki? I thought it was kinda cool. Was it the weird plot holes it introduced?
mh-6-17-lady-loki-1623962319.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Also likely that he was trying to claim these wildly high costs of his lifestyle to tell the world he was broke, to avoid paying creditors / crazy ex-wife / whatever/

It's likely he was committing felony fraud and destroying his reputation on purpose?

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Wandavision and Moon Knight were propped up by the anticipation of "Holy shit, things are about to get fucking awesome" but then never did.

Hawkeye did the "introduce the replacement" the right way. I give zero shits about her and would never watch her own show, but it didn't shit all over Hawkeye and build her up by bringing him down. People also sleep on him since he doesn't have any powers, but they've always compensated for that by having him do crazy shit that translates really well to live action.

• 2Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Hawkeye was better than Loki (by far), Strange 2, Age of Ultron, Ant-man, Thor 2, Captain 1, and probably a plethora of Marvel movies/shows that I did not watch.

Before the show, I couldn't care less about Hawkeye and was indifferent to his story.
A better villain in Hawkeye and the show might have been near perfect. The diversity hire villain took the show down a notch or two. Kingpin showing up helped.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
If you don't like Loki falling in love with himself and then betraying himself and in the process breaking the multiverse, I don't know why you watch comic book movies at all.

That show was not just ok, it was very good. It was rewatchable good, first MCU thing since Endgame thats been rewatchable.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
The only thing I really disliked about Loki was him fawning over the female version of himself. "You're amazing!" etc, etc. This pandering to women thing is tiresome as fuck. But other than that, great show.

• 2Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The only thing I really disliked about Loki was him fawning over the female version of himself. "You're amazing!" etc, etc. This pandering to women thing is tiresome as fuck. But other than that, great show.
Except he was pandering to himself. It's a very Loki thing to do. If it was any other female in the universe I would agree with you. It was Loki complimenting Loki.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Juvarisx

Florida
Except he was pandering to himself. It's a very Loki thing to do. If it was any other female in the universe I would agree with you. It was Loki complimenting Loki.

Yea the fact that the only person Loki can truly love outside of his adopted mother is a female version of himself flew over so many peoples heads, it made me question some peoples ability to interpret shows lol

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 5 users

Fadaar

That guy
Yea the fact that the only person Loki can truly love outside of his adopted mother is a female version of himself flew over so many peoples heads, it made me question some peoples ability to interpret shows lol

I do agree with you *IF* that's what the writers were going for, but this is Disney+ era Marvel

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It didn't fly over our heads you clown. It was a mediocre show full of 'look how much better our diverse wamenz are than some bumbling white males' and Loki falling in love with himself was pretty much wasted except on pretentious cunts who pretended it was far more cleverly written than it was and used it to ignore how terribly weak the rest of the show was.

The two best things about the show were Classic Loki and Alligator Loki, and one of those two was little more than a throwaway gag.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Timing is everything.

go figure a bunch of people dislike Loki after being force fed “future is female” horseshit for years. If Loki came out in 2012, I doubt there would have been any complaints.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity