Marvel Universe stuff

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord

Dumpster Fire GIF
Even if he brings in Bruce Campbell to be Kang?

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Raimi is so inconsistent. He produces amazing shit. I guess the evil dead, dark man, Spider-Man 1-2. All great. Then turds like spiderman 3 and doctor strange 2. Strange 2 should have been an easy home run for this man.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Of all 14 titles, seven are from Disney, nine are sequels or remakes, and five are MCU or DC Comics.
Yep. Like I said, people are tired of watching the same movie over and over again. Maybe they need to try some original scripts for a change.

• 1Like

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Raimi is so inconsistent. He produces amazing shit. I guess the evil dead, dark man, Spider-Man 1-2. All great. Then turds like spiderman 3 and doctor strange 2. Strange 2 should have been an easy home run for this man.
I feel like I read somewhere the studio bullied him into making that piece of shit script/movie. I find it funny that people will call you racist/sexist but then you have everyone that likes American Chavez/Ms marvel

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I feel like I read somewhere the studio bullied him into making that piece of shit script/movie. I find it funny that people will call you racist/sexist but then you have everyone that likes American Chavez/Ms marvel

Yeah it's weird because Raimi said Spiderman 3 backlash was on his mind before accepting Strange 2 job.

The movie was hacked to ribbons either way. Re-shoots plus a sizable runtime reduction despite the re-shoots all being added.

1701545765556.png

Raimi said none of the alterations and notes on re-shoots he was given were about money and box office.

Marvel only intervened to correct lore and provide fidelity.

1701545888657.png

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I had no problems with either of those young ladies. But it sucks bad how they framed AC as having the most lesbian parents in the multiverse. Like why the fuck did you have to do that? Why can't she just be a normal girl with a normal girl family?

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I definitely know he was strong armed to put venom into S3. But I think changing uncle Ben’s death was his own doing which is what made that a turd to me rather than just bloated and weak.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Yeah it's weird because Raimi said Spiderman 3 backlash was on his mind before accepting Strange 2 job.

The movie was hacked to ribbons either way. Re-shoots plus a sizable runtime reduction despite the re-shoots all being added.

View attachment 502739

Raimi said none of the alterations and notes on re-shoots he was given were about money and box office.

View attachment 502741
actually-nerd.gif

sounds like marvel is more scared of the nerds than interested in making a good movie

• 1Like

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
I had no problems with either of those young ladies. But it sucks bad how they framed AC as having the most lesbian parents in the multiverse. Like why the fuck did you have to do that? Why can't she just be a normal girl with a normal girl family?

Ask Joe Casey in 2012.

And on the topic of movie money, there is no way Disney isn't laundering some money with these movies. I know they've said some of the inflated costs are from new tech development, which should, in theory, lower costs in the future. But, cmon. There is no way that they invented enough de-aging tech for Dial of Destiny to cost 300 million dollars. Or skrull animtions for secret invasion to cost 200 million. Any one Disney project this year cost roughly as much or more than Barbie and Oppenheimer combined, and looked (at best) half as good. And they built sets for Barbie and Oppenheimer!

They've got to be shoveling extra shit onto their movie's books to get those sweet sweet tax write offs.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Ask Joe Casey in 2012.

And on the topic of movie money, there is no way Disney isn't laundering some money with these movies. I know they've said some of the inflated costs are from new tech development, which should, in theory, lower costs in the future. But, cmon. There is no way that they invented enough de-aging tech for Dial of Destiny to cost 300 million dollars. Or skrull animtions for secret invasion to cost 200 million. Any one Disney project this year cost roughly as much or more than Barbie and Oppenheimer combined, and looked (at best) half as good. And they built sets for Barbie and Oppenheimer!

They've got to be shoveling extra shit onto their movie's books to get those sweet sweet tax write offs.
its not like Marvel never altered a character's canon before.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

View attachment 502739

View attachment 502741

So director that wants to keep working for Marvel didn't throw Marvel under the bus?

Crazy talk