Marvel Universe stuff

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
He wasn't an Arab you Mongoloid. He was a canaanite

Same thing. There is no canaanite ethnicity. It's a vague catch-all term used in the bible refering back to an even older civilization of people that are part of what, ethnicity-wise, we now call Arabs.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
This made me look up the old marvel cards series 1-3.

I miss those cards, too bad my stupid teenager self sold them off for $$ for vidya game systems. Had a full set of series 1-3 including all holograms and such. Wasted lots of time just looking through them and reading the shit on the back like power stats and stuff.

I want the 90's back.
I have one set still!!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Does anyone else remember the Masterpiece series? I loved the look of the cards.

1704636049330.png

• 6Like
  • 4Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
He wasn't an Arab you Mongoloid. He was a canaanite
Linguistically Jews and Arabs are both on the Semitic branch of the Afro-Asiatic language group. So it's akin to how English/Dutch/German languages and peoples are related.

So Arab isn't that far off.

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
Maybe it looks different bigger but in that thumbnail it sure looks like he's flying through space via the power of a wicked explosive fart.

• 8Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Maybe it looks different bigger but in that thumbnail it sure looks like he's flying through space via the power of a wicked explosive fart.

That was the Infinity Underwear arc, it didn't get much hype since it followed the Infinity Gauntlet and the Thanos Snap was much more dramatic than the Thanos Fart.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Does anyone else remember the Masterpiece series? I loved the look of the cards.

View attachment 507794
Yeah. They were printed on thicker card stock, and they actually came in little boxes and not foil plastic. I remember spending way too much on trying to get all of them. I might have been successful, but I don't remember.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
First series came out in '92. But the most valuable is from '96. A single unopened pack goes for $400 to $600. The '96 ones are so expensive because they made a total of 15,000 cases, where as the first series ('92) had 250,000 cases.

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I didn't know that naturally. I did some searches about the Marvel masterpiece sets to learn that shit. There was a dude that made a youtube video about buying a single $400 pack, and he explained why it was so expensive. And that a single case can run anywhere from $5,000 to $10,000. Nutty.