Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Cybsled

I suspect they will get revealed to have been on a completely different timeline, then when they fix the Chromicon shit, it puts them back into the main MCU.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member

As someone who wasn't a huge fan of the Skye character. It's funny now that I think it's a shame that Quake didn't become a real MCU character. I think Chloe Bennet grew as an actress and into the role well. Plus she's always been easy on the eyes.

Cybsled

There are rumors that they might be making an Agents of SWORD series /w Quake/Skye involved

Qhue

Trump's Staff
And that's a wrap. Ending went about as well as I could have expected.

If they do a S.W.O.R.D. series on Disney+ I do hope they find a way to bring Deke into it. I grew to love that weirdo.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I think the ending was pretty good. It sucks that Fitz was missing for 99% of it though.

About Deke The Rock God Director of SHIELD, he's off in another universe/timeline. They'd probably have to do some Doctor Strange shit to get him back here. However, having Daisy and Sousa move to a SWORD show would be awesome. I could give a shit about Kora though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Apparently it was cut, but there was going to be a Deke epilogue scene where he is in a SHIELD director office with chair turned around, then he turns to face the camera and has an eye patch on, basically making him Nick Fury in that timeline. Shame they cut it, that would have been awesome.

Photos from the Wandavision show have displayed images of people in SWORD, so if they do that, it's feasible. One thing to note is Kevin Feige was a producer of Agent Carter, which is why Jarvis from the TV show had a role as Jarvis in Avengers. I could totally see him deciding to bring Sousa and in turn, Daisy into SWORD for the further MCU productions.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I give the ending a 6/10.

The throw backs and such, and then showing what they were doing one year later was a great touch. I loved the car. The final fight with Daisy was a bit weak. I am not sure why the main bad guy got Kora's power and then barely used it.

I was expecting a kind of sound wave phoenix moment where a lesson is learned about power. Just because you have power does not mean you know how to control it. They of course would have traded punches but as the fight went along the bad guy would start to get out of control. If you consider that he promoted chaos, it would have made perfect sense. You could have used a flashback where Daisy was instructed by her mother on control(The mountains). It would have made for a better moment when the bad guy loses control and causes the ships to explode while Daisy then uses the precise control of her power to shield herself. You could have had a kind of Capt Marvel moment where the ships all explode but Daisy is left. Now since sound cannot travel in space, the crew would still have needed to come get her.

Having Daisy just destroy everything and then take no damage from the explosions was weak, in that there was no implied lesson of control shown. You had to just figure her power saved her.

It was a good show worth watching. Kind of sad that the ratings had continued to drop over time considering that the show had gotten better as it went along. The split off from the Avenger's universe might have been why it kind of dropped off. I remember remarking way back that the show was going to have to occasionally have a cameo of one of the primary Avengers to at least keep some viewers interested. I guess that was impossible to do. The one thing that kind of really showed the separation between the show and the movies was End Game. I am still bummed at how Agent Coulson or any of the Shield members did not have a shot out in that movie.

Here is to hoping we see some of the cast return elsewhere.

Sevens

Log Wizard
I think the reason none of SHIELD nor the Defenders / Punisher shows got a mention in the movies was because of the Perlmutter / Feige feud.
Feige HATED perlmutter and so wouldnt allow anything he was in charge of (Perlmutter was at one time in charge of Marvel TV) be a part of his universe.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I'm sad to see this show end, although I feel like the last half of this season was significantly worse than the first half. Them jumping around through time made for some great moments. The fucking bad guy for the last half just sucked (I can't remember his name). One of the worst villains ever. And the end was kind of a purposeful time-tangled mess, but eh, it worked well enough. It was nice that pretty much everyone got a happy ending. I'd have liked to see the cut Deke ending too though. He was an annoying yet strangely endearing character, and I like that he stepped up at the end.

I've been a huge supporter of Skye/Daisy since practically the beginning, even when everyone was saying she was terrible, so it is nice to see people liking her in the end.

That chick in the bar (when they brought in all the O-8-4s, the one that shot Garrett in the dome) stood out so much that I had to look her up. She reminded me of the Baroness from GI Joe, but I knew that wasn't possible. It seems that was a younger version of Victoria Hand, who was played by Saffron Burrows in the early episodes. So that was pretty cool. I know some of those other people are probably supposed to be people with connections as well, but she had such a distinctive and memorable look that it was bugging me until I looked it up. Kind of ridiculous that she ganked Garrett immediately like that and no one really cared, but whatever!

I really hope Daisy continues in any future SWORD show. I could happily stare at her for years to come.

Anyway, like I said, kind of sad to see it go, but it had run its course. The previous season didn't inspire me at all, and only the first half of this one really rekindled my interest, so it was probably time to be done. I'm happy that the show existed though, way more good memories than bad.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Garrett had killed Hand in S1, so they probably just did that as poetic justice.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I give the ending a 6/10.

I was expecting a kind of sound wave phoenix moment where a lesson is learned about power. Just because you have power does not mean you know how to control it. They of course would have traded punches but as the fight went along the bad guy would start to get out of control. If you consider that he promoted chaos, it would have made perfect sense. You could have used a flashback where Daisy was instructed by her mother on control(The mountains). It would have made for a better moment when the bad guy loses control and causes the ships to explode while Daisy then uses the precise control of her power to shield herself. You could have had a kind of Capt Marvel moment where the ships all explode but Daisy is left. Now since sound cannot travel in space, the crew would still have needed to come get her.

Having Daisy just destroy everything and then take no damage from the explosions was weak, in that there was no implied lesson of control shown. You had to just figure her power saved her.

Chronologically, Malick had Daisy's power longer than she did, and he flat out states this in one of the episodes. I guess we're also supposed to infer from this that he figured out how to not quake his own bones. Also, her power is based on vibrations, not sound.

I've enjoyed the series and am sad to see it go. This season's time travel allowed for some funny/cool moments and was decent enough. My main nitpick is them beating the chronicoms with basically the Care Bear Stare.

I agree that Malick was a lame villian. And I thought that Kora's "instant evil, just add Malick" was pretty dumb. But, at least her wishy-washy moral compass works both ways, and she gained the power of Thaw to save Daisy.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I'm still not sure how you vibrate the air to stop what looks to be light powers, but eh, superpowers!

If I were Kora, I'd be upset that her sister clearly got all the good looks.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I saw a picture of Jemma a few minutes ago, and it finally made me realize how big her forehead is. Wow, she's got a big one.

1634234436705.png

• 1Picard