Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Hah! By total coincidence I happened to rewatch Winter Soldier the other day so this was fun. I have the impression that the good guys are totally fucked.

Also -- is Fitz just not in this season at all??

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

He had a conflict, so he appears back end of the season. They plot waived it away by Gemma saying Fitz made the tech and she can’t know where he is for whatever reason. The reveal in this episode that something is not right with Gemma will probably tie into that.

Enjoying the “Sliders” theme going on and then getting to fuck with the timeline a bit.

• 1Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
He had a conflict, so he appears back end of the season. They plot waived it away by Gemma saying Fitz made the tech and she can’t know where he is for whatever reason. The reveal in this episode that something is not right with Gemma will probably tie into that.

Enjoying the “Sliders” theme going on and then getting to fuck with the timeline a bit.

The whatever reason is because the chronicroms can read her mind if they catch her.

I thought we already knew something was wrong with gemma.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
OK. I saw it tonight and I see that. But she was still already acting weird and I thought it was pretty obvious they were hinting something was wrong with her.

My current guess is that the blinking cylon shit is a mini framework and fitz is living in there figuring out whatever he's figuring out. She can probably communicate with him but the device is becoming unstable causing her problems. I just haven't worked out where his body is.

Cybsled

This season has been fun thus far. Preview for next week looks awesome...Coulson Headroom and Cronicon Daleks lol

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
This season has been fun thus far. Preview for next week looks awesome...Coulson Headroom and Cronicon Daleks lol
Yeah they are going total 80's with the next episode. It's definitely one of the best seasons so far.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Deke is awesome

If next week's episode doesn't feature a Dollhouse reunion I will be very ticked!

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Here is the "hit" from The Deke Squad.... Don't You Forget About Me. In our timeline, we know it from the movie "The Breakfast Club" sung by Simple Minds. Fun fact: the song in this episode was originally going to be "Money for Nothing" by Dire Straits. Actor Jeff Ward practiced the song for a month before the producers changed the song. In addition, Jeff actually performed the vocals to this song. He recorded it at EP Jed Whedon's (who also happens to be a singer/songwriter) home recording studio.

Sterling

El Presidente
They knew it was their final season and they just went for it. I love the genre themed episodes.
Yeah, they're obviously completely aware of how ridiculous it is and are leaning into it. Nothing wrong with that.

• 1Like

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I can't stand it but hey at least it's very deliberately cringe, which is better than just shitty (flash etc) bad.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I love how Deke changed / misremembered the words.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I hadn't seen any trailers, so I legitimately laughed out loud when they wheeled in Coulson Max Headroom-style. That alone was worth this whole season.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

Was a good episode. Enoch was a good addition and it sucks he sacrificed himself to save everyone, but a good send off. I'm worried about what happened to Fitz, since Simmons flipped the fuck out when she got her memories back. He's either dead or sorta-dead or worse. It wouldn't surprise me if he basically frameworked himself and is running the time jump computer from the inside or something to that effect.

• 1Like

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Framework is what I've said all season. My wife thinks he's running the time jumps, so I guess it could be both.

As for enoch, it was cringy. It might mean more if he hadn't already sacrificed himself to save everyone. Is this the second or the third time? I guess it must be for real this time because they wouldn't have the balls to bring him back after that 5 minute oscar bait scene.