Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Cybsled

Well, they did need his help. They also mentioned the bracelet can do things to ensure he listens to what they want (or dont want him) to do.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyway the show ratings has gone from 12m (series premiere) to 7m as of yesterday, looks like bad acting and cheesy writing aren't doing their job, even on ABC.

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
YDnGsSn.gif

5PDA8r5.gif

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
For anyone who also watches Supernatural, the woman playing the doctor/scientist who got burned alive also played April (the reaper) in this week's episode of Supernatural. I thought it was pretty hilarious that she died in two different shows on the same night within about an hour.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
For anyone who also watches Supernatural, the woman playing the doctor/scientist who got burned alive also played April (the reaper) in this week's episode of Supernatural. I thought it was pretty hilarious that she died in two different shows on the same night within about an hour.
was it also by immolation?

Siliconemelons

if this is supposed to be a kid's show id be a little pissed as a parent that my kid just watched a woman burned alive while screaming in agony. dude with a burn hole in his gut was more cartoonish, but the burning chick was a bit much. that being said, the episode was stupid first half, but got better when "scorch" went on a rampage. then got stupid again afer he died. the orphan stuff was formulaic and the "no computer tech" bracers were just dumb and impractical.
I noticed that also, very true, very true indeed. The hole in the dudes chest was fake-looking and cartoony. So when the chick got the fire going at her I was expecting a very fast and just as fake and cartoony look vaporation- but nope, a very LONG and detailed buring alive scene...definatly something that was out of the blue to be in line with the prior episodes violance detail level.

Ender4212

Golden Knight of the Realm
I hope that wasn't serious when you pondered this being a kid's show. Sky's extra long, undies only scene after she has sex with mystery computer guy, the violence, and most of what Fitz/Simmons spit out are all above what most kids should see in the first cases or would want to see with the techno-babble.

Cybsled

People tend to us the term "Kid's show" when they mean "Family show". Now, family show has pretty wide ranges...people have considered everything from Chuck, Doctor Who, and SG:1 as family shows. As a general rule:

1) They tend to have comedy/humor elements
2) They never get too explicit from a sex angle (they aren't shy about showing people in underwear or implying some characters just had sex, but they usually won't show the actual sex or implied sex)
3) Some explicit violence will happen, but usually it is vs. badguys only.
4) Language is usually toned down

This show meets those criteria so far.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
im always at work when shield comes on so i end up seeing it off the net. doesnt it air at 8pm? 8pm is usually the kids/family timeslots or at least thats what it used to be. all those urkels and olsen twins show were on that time.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You're also watching a show based in a universe where people lose their parents in horrible tragedies every damn day.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
SG:1 turned into one...don't forget it launched on Showtime originally.
Can you imagine how much better SG-1 could have been if it had been more gritty and R like? I hate how the human's ability to bleed out completely changes between a PG and an R rating. Also the color "Red" seems to influence the rating. It is ok for something to gush out if it not red. It is HORRID to show a woman's body, but it is fine to show people fighting and killing each other with guns and fire. #Stupidratingssystem

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
The problem I have with that is how adamant and certain they were. Shield pretty much exists to deal with weird shit no one has ever encountered before, but they acted like telepathy could never ever exist. It wasn't so much "we've never encountered anything to suggest telepathy is possible" and more like "telepathy is absolutely impossible." It just sounded stupid to me.
You are putting way too much into it. The purpose of the conversation was to create a sense of mystery about the rogue agents' abilities.

Sean_sl

shitlord
After watching the new Captain America: The Winter Solider trailer I really wish even more so that this show was on something like HBO and had a real budget.