Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
This episode was definitely the best so far, which isn't saying much, but it was still an improvement. Skye in panties was definitely the high point.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i read somewhere why this eps, (eps5) feels better than the rest, something like joss and creators felt that the first 4 eps (including pilot) were basically 4 pilots that needed to prove something and eps5 is where more story and stuff comes along.

i did not know ming na had such horrible cantonese, i gotta rewatch joy luck club to see if she spoke any in that, but scorchs cantonese was really horrible, so horrible i didn't know if he was speaking cantonese, mandarin, cantomadalish?

i forgot the black girls name with the flower dress... she must have some kind of power to easily convince scorch.

what did fitzsimmons discount as a power? telepathy? i think in eps3 fitz said something like, ha telepathy doesn't exist, or something.

i'm pretty sure skyae can't be a mutant, if FOX still has the thing where they own the rights to all things mutant.

but i really hope she has some computer power to talk with electronics at least that way i can believe that this olivia munn look-alike is a super hacker.

what's the thoughts on agent jock? i think he's getting bearable, maybe more comic relief.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Was a better episode the previous four so far, but again I don't think that's saying much. I just don't think the actors are that good and that includes Skye. Sean is right though, it feels like Marvel's version of the A-Team. At times I keep reminding myself that I'm primarily watching this because it has the word 'Marvel' in the title.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I enjoy this show, but the main thing I took from this episode was that Felicity needs a bra and panty scene in Arrow now to keep us neck and neck, or boob and boob if you will.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Was a better episode the previous four so far, but again I don't think that's saying much. I just don't think the actors are that good and that includes Skye. Sean is right though, it feels like Marvel's version of the A-Team. At times I keep reminding myself that I'm primarily watching this because it has the word 'Marvel' in the title.
I'm just curious when the guards in the various places they break into star using their guns instead of trying to melee. Fairly sure guards in a Centipede facility would open fire on Shield agents, doubt they would try to capture them first (which is the only logic behind not shooting first). They did it this episode too.

On the upside, agreed that this did not feel like an A-Team episode, especially with the deaths. Not sure if anyone died in the A-Team. I remember one scene where the bad guys crashed a helicopter into a mountain wall, it exploded, fell down, exploded some more, then the people crawled out, was captured and Hannibal sad his smartass line. Even when death was there, I think it only ever was implied in stories set forwards by people who wanted to hire them, can't remember ever seeing anyone die in any episode. Both deaths in this episode were very graphic, and the CGI wasn't bad.

I think Skye having some sort of abilities at this point is fairly certain due to the document. My guess is that it will be the season finale part, involving Skye's parents and the abilities in the family. Story arch being Skye is eventually approached by the woman in the flower dress, goes with to learn more about parents, starts to gain some abilities and will supposedly work for Centipede, but will end up being a ploy and Skye brings in Shield. Highly unlikely they will bring more elderly characters into the mix, so parents will either be dead or written out of the story in another way.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
This show is only interesting to me, so far, when Skye is a bad guy. Maybe the search for her parents will change that eventually. I hope she shoots agent jock in the face while going over to centipede.

Column_sl

shitlord
Skye is Forge, and Storms daughter that she had in Africa.
biggrin.png

Raes

Vyemm Raider
It wouldn't even be a retcon. Ming-Na's line about it ("no credible studies") was wide open with wiggle room.

To say nothing of Raina's "I know" line.
Doubtful. The dialogue in that scene was pretty stupid, but it was basically the writers way of saying "Fox owns the X-men, not us." Sure, mutants, gods and aliens exists, but telepathy? Unpossible!!

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Doubtful. The dialogue in that scene was pretty stupid, but it was basically the writers way of saying "Fox owns the X-men, not us." Sure, mutants, gods and aliens exists, but telepathy? Unpossible!!
I took it the complete opposite way. It was them setting it up so when they DO find someone with some kind of telepathy it's supposed to be a big shocker for them and us both.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
if this is supposed to be a kid's show id be a little pissed as a parent that my kid just watched a woman burned alive while screaming in agony. dude with a burn hole in his gut was more cartoonish, but the burning chick was a bit much. that being said, the episode was stupid first half, but got better when "scorch" went on a rampage. then got stupid again afer he died. the orphan stuff was formulaic and the "no computer tech" bracers were just dumb and impractical.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I took it the complete opposite way. It was them setting it up so when they DO find someone with some kind of telepathy it's supposed to be a big shocker for them and us both.
The problem I have with that is how adamant and certain they were. Shield pretty much exists to deal with weird shit no one has ever encountered before, but they acted like telepathy could never ever exist. It wasn't so much "we've never encountered anything to suggest telepathy is possible" and more like "telepathy is absolutely impossible." It just sounded stupid to me.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
when they made that line about the telepathy being unknown to them, i didnt take it as it could never happen, more that when it does happen they will be all the more surprised, and guess what? they are introducing telepathy. it was just foreshadowing, nothing more.

in case anyone missed it. new episodes in 2 weeks.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
"You traitorous bitch, you infiltrated our top secret agency, we trusted you but you lied to all of us ! Here, no computer for you !"

Raes

Vyemm Raider
when they made that line about the telepathy being unknown to them, i didnt take it as it could never happen, more that when it does happen they will be all the more surprised, and guess what? they are introducing telepathy. it was just foreshadowing, nothing more.

in case anyone missed it. new episodes in 2 weeks.
It's not about whether or not it could ever happen, it's that May and Fitz/Simmons refuse to even acknowledge the possibility when Skye brings it up, twice. It's just stupid for agents of Shield to exhibit such close-mindedness.

I want you to think about May's line about "there are no credible studies." What studies? Studies on people who don't have telepathic abilities? So if I do a study of a few thousand right-handed people, and someone says to me someday "what if he's left-handed?" I can just reply, "there are no credible studies!" Yeah. It was just handled badly, let's leave it at that.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
So they caught the guy that hacked into their system and his punishment...
Hey come on out and watch an op in progress in front of all our machines and tech so you can see what we have up here, oh and let's un-cuff you too and give you direct access too! This show is just getting dumber per episode.