Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
DC has all my favorites. Batman and Superman. right now Arrow is really kicking ass too. so they arent doing too badly.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Really wish Marvel could get back those other franchises.
Well lately they've gotten back Daredevil, Ghost Rider, and Blade. I'm sure there are a couple more, but even then I doubt we'll be seeing any of those anytime soon. Even if they had Fantastic Four, Spiderman, and the X-Men properties back we probably wouldn't be seeing those movies made with the current Avengers stuff going on. There are still a lot of properties they could be using right now for movies, but they are sticking to their current storylines.

moontayle

Golden Squire
The funny thing is that Disney has very little to do with this outside of the funding. Nice article on Yahoo about the "Salary Wars" going on between the major actors after the success of Avengers. Inside there's quotes from Disney execs where they basically punt everything Marvel over to Marvel.

Sean_sl

shitlord
The funny thing is that Disney has very little to do with this outside of the funding. Nice article on Yahoo about the "Salary Wars" going on between the major actors after the success of Avengers. Inside there's quotes from Disney execs where they basically punt everything Marvel over to Marvel.
I actually kinda wish Disney was alittlemore hands on. Imagine if Disney threw their animation production muscle behind some animated movies of Marvel properties. Let the Marvel guys do all the writing and shit, but let them have full access to the Disney resources. They could make some amazing shit.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I look forward to seeing the explanation for Coulson being alive... LMD Incoming in 3... 2... 1...

I also see this as a place they can start pre-seeding all the stuff they were cramming into those post credit scenes. Unlike Star Trek this can be a series that goes from TV to movie and back again.. over and over.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I'm insanely excited for this. I rarely watch shows immediately on release nowadays because so much shit gets shoveled out, but this is one I'll be watching from day 1.

I really hope they don't shy away from referencing the "big" characters and events from the movies; throw in some references to Tony Stark, Banner, Thor, etc. now and then to keep people remembering that this is all happening in a single universe. I have a fear, however, that they're going to try to keep it as self-contained as possible in order not to alienate potential viewers who haven't seen the movies. That's the typical marketing-oriented bullshit that network executives would make.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I'm insanely excited for this. I rarely watch shows immediately on release nowadays because so much shit gets shoveled out, but this is one I'll be watching from day 1.

I really hope they don't shy away from referencing the "big" characters and events from the movies; throw in some references to Tony Stark, Banner, Thor, etc. now and then to keep people remembering that this is all happening in a single universe. I have a fear, however, that they're going to try to keep it as self-contained as possible in order not to alienate potential viewers who haven't seen the movies. That's the typical marketing-oriented bullshit that network executives would make.
Exactly how many viewers of this show do you think will be people who haven't seen the movies? I almost see this as a perpetual commercial for the movie franchise. If it works out well and can hold it's own on ratings I wouldn't be surprised to see a reboot of the Mission Impossible TV show.

McCheese

Exactly how many viewers of this show do you think will be people who haven't seen the movies? I almost see this as a perpetual commercial for the movie franchise. If it works out well and can hold it's own on ratings I wouldn't be surprised to see a reboot of the Mission Impossible TV show.
I agree with you, but never underestimate the stupidity of studio executives.

Goatface

really they have no need to promote any of their big titles on show, pre-Disney one of their stated objective was shove more of the less know titles into the limelight. i could see it as a test bed for a couple spinoffs and stuff like that. pretty sure they are still trying to get Mockingbird and Cloak/Dagger series going.

Goatface

ABC released fall sched. with be on Tuesday at 8pm.
right now that puts it up against NCIS, still one of the top shows. will be interesting to see how that plays out

McCheese

I'd imagine the average viewer for NCIS is considerably older than the target audience for Agents of SHIELD. Just an assumption, of course, but I'm sure someone here has the specific demographics numbers.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
All my friends are already singing praises for how awesome this show will be. I'm the only one of them that's saying "How about we see a couple episodes first before talking about how great it is?"

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Watching the trailer I was thinking the hacker chick was gonna be Jessica Jones, especially when she was talking to dude who is definitely Luke Cage. But no, that's "Skye".

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
He doesn't look cool enough to be Luke Cage to me. I mean... sure, he's black, but he isn't... I don't know. Kinda hope that isn't Luke Cage, Luke Cage should be more than that.

Looks awesome otherwise.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
He doesn't look cool enough to be Luke Cage to me. I mean... sure, he's black, but he isn't... I don't know. Kinda hope that isn't Luke Cage, Luke Cage should be more than that.

Looks awesome otherwise.
They should go classic with him.

hcJPpOW.jpg

No actors are ever close to the characters in size, but I would like Cage to be bigger for sure. I mean, assuming that's him.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
Cage just needs a badass swagger to him that the guy in that video doesn't seem to have, he seems a bit too meek to me I guess.

Needs more "Fuck you whitey, I'm Luke Motherfucking Cage!"