Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
couple of sites saying it could beRage

comment on reddit says this is Rage in the Marvel roll
ku-xlarge.jpg
Ooooh, yeah. Not terribly familiar with him, but he is a smaller name and younger hero they could use. They have my permission to mess him up however.

Luke Cage they have to do right though *nod*.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Hurm, I wonder if Whedon will really be directing the series, or if they're just tacking his name on the trailers....

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I doubt that Whedon is going to be full tilt hands on. He'll probably be the one okaying story lines and stuff but I doubt he'll be directing. He's pretty much neck deep in all the Marvel stuff to have that much time. He's already complained he has almost no time to work on Dr. Horrible 2.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
His brother he always works with, Jed, and Maurissa Tancharoenthey who they work with most of the time will be showrunners. Joss directed the pilot.

Wiki

A few weeks later ABC ordered a pilot for a show called S.H.I.E.L.D.; the pilot was to be written by Joss Whedon, Jed Whedon and Maurissa Tancharoen, directed by Joss Whedon, and executive produced by Joss Whedon, Jed Whedon, Tancharoen, Jeffrey Bell and Jeph Loeb. Jed Whedon, Tancharoen and Bell will serve as showrunners if the pilot goes to series.

Fadaar

That guy
Maybe every now and then have a big character for an episode or two, kind of like Entourage and Californiation. Or just small cameos here and there... either way I think having say Tony Stark, Bruce Banner, or Steve Rogers making random appearances would be a nice touch.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Maybe every now and then have a big character for an episode or two, kind of like Entourage and Californiation. Or just small cameos here and there... either way I think having say Tony Stark, Bruce Banner, or Steve Rogers making random appearances would be a nice touch.
it would be nice if, say instead of having the big name avengers actually interacting with this team, have them be in the background here and there. you wouldn't even really need to hire the main actors... just have iron man do a flyby or hawkeye training some newbies as the team walks by. or even have an alert and show captain america running past leading a team of shield agents. the team turns around to look and marvel and coulson yells at them for being starstruck. doesn't have to be a scene where chris evans comes in and gives some inspirational speech to them on orientation day, you know? just enough to show that they are NOT the focus, but they are there.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
it would be nice if, say instead of having the big name avengers actually interacting with this team, have them be in the background here and there. you wouldn't even really need to hire the main actors... just have iron man do a flyby or hawkeye training some newbies as the team walks by. or even have an alert and show captain america running past leading a team of shield agents. the team turns around to look and marvel and coulson yells at them for being starstruck. doesn't have to be a scene where chris evans comes in and gives some inspirational speech to them on orientation day, you know? just enough to show that they are NOT the focus, but they are there.
I like that approach, particularly if they were to expand it to more than just movie franchise characters. There are plenty of characters that have been associated with SHIELD over the years, so show a glimpse of some of them. I'm assuming they still can't use any characters they've sold the rights to away, so no Spider-Man, FF, X-men etc. but it would still be easy to toss some lesser characters into the background just to give us nerd boners.

Of course, I will die if Dum Dum Dugan makes an appearance. He's the man!

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Well lately they've gotten back Daredevil, Ghost Rider, and Blade. I'm sure there are a couple more, but even then I doubt we'll be seeing any of those anytime soon. Even if they had Fantastic Four, Spiderman, and the X-Men properties back we probably wouldn't be seeing those movies made with the current Avengers stuff going on. There are still a lot of properties they could be using right now for movies, but they are sticking to their current storylines.
Spiderman is a gold mine, even the last bad one. And he was an Avenger, right? I think Whedon would have popped a nerd boner to have Spider Man helping out in New York during the final battle.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Every Marvel character was an Avenger at some point.

And that guy being Rage makes more sense. Not that I have any idea who Rage is, I just assumed the strong black dude was Cage.

There were talks about a Cloak & Dagger series a while back, that's a pair I could easily see them dealing with. Small enough they're not really movie level properties, and for the most part their powers won't require insane CGI.

Sceleris_sl

shitlord
Yeah because throwing light daggers and having a Huge ass black hole cloak that swallows people doesn't require a lot of CGI....

The shield series might be able to introduce some "smaller" superheroes, like have carol Danvers be a rookie, mockingbird, cloak and dagger to some extent, although i don't know if they were avengers, i know they helped spiderman a lot. I fully agree on linking some avengers stuff in there, like in an R&D lab seeing them fiddle on an old iron man suit. Maybe in a main base see a hulk sized hole in the wall, coulson saying "yeah, never take food labelled Banner out of the fridge"

No real need to explain Coulson being alive though, they never said he was dead in the movie...Fury just made them assume he was dead, but never outright said it.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Him being Rage actually doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Mind you I haven't read Avengers in over 15 years so who knows what retcons have taken place, but I do have the the initial Cage books. He was a scrawny little kid that had some accident (drugs, radiation, fuck if I remember) and ended up in this supersized roided out body. The dude they showed isn't even a bodybuilder, just a normal average guy.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I'd be even more impressed if they fucked with people by tossing some blurry Superman/Batman colors across the screen for a split second and say something like they didn't make the cut, or some silly green construct roaring by and fucking everything up because the wielder is an idiot, but I understand why they would never do those things too.

Also, the line about taking Banner's food out of the fridge is fucking gold. I like the way you think.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah because throwing light daggers and having a Huge ass black hole cloak that swallows people doesn't require a lot of CGI....
Light daggers would be nothing. The cloak effect would be where the "for the most part" thing comes in to play. Lot of wiggle room for how they'd depict the cloak itself and also how it works.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Even if this didn't look interesting, I'd follow it just for the insane levels of comic fan whining it's going to engender.

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
So apparently they showed the pilot at ComicCon. They're really touching on the past films in the MCU it seems, from what I've read on the cliff's notes.

Example: Extremis factors into the pilot, which comes with its own implications.

Since Cobie Smaulders is pretty much confirmed as a recurring appearance (duh, right?), I'm really wondering if we'll see Samuel L getting a nod here and there for, say, multiparters and/or finale episodes.