Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Elissidel_sl

shitlord
Did Coulson's over exaggerated "driving" bother anyone else? Why do actors always have to swing the wheel back and forth wildly while going slowly down a straight street lol
Thank God, I was starting to think I was the only one annoyed by his epileptic driving. And yea, the black guy's acting was bad...bad, bad. Every time my wife walks in the room while I am watching this show she hears me bitching about it and asks why I keep watching. "Well, it sucks, but its about...comics?" is all I seem to come up with. I feel like it has so much potential, and I keep hoping they pull it around. Or I will just keep bitching about it and patiently waiting for Justified to come back on.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It has so much potential and every week nothing keeps happening. because marvel is holding tight on all their superheroes. This shows mid season cliffhanger was, so, so, dull. Its shameful to call this a superhero based program. Coulson is ruined now imo

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
barry allen turned into flash, roy allen is getting set up for arsenal, slade is about to turn into deathstroke, and made references to solomon grundy. You also have brother blood who they have done a great job with

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
barry allen turned into flash, roy allen is getting set up for arsenal, slade is about to turn into deathstroke, and made references to solomon grundy. You also have brother blood who they have done a great job with

holy shit, for those who don't know comic characters, that's pretty epic, why? SHIELD gives us a made up black guy who failed acting 101 and has to have some constant steroid delivery device to be black captain america.

Arrow does 2 fucking A list superheros and 2 A list supervillians. (maybe a bit B - ish) but still, arrow gives solid characters from the DC universe while i let my joss whedon hope drag me through a black america copy who really should just be luke cage, if luke cage was emo and then name dropping an avengers name once an episode, WTF.

this shit feels like dexter season 4/5/6, this feels like weeds season 2/3/4/5/6 this feels like the walking dead season 2/3 this feels like heroes season 2/3, as much as i liked joss' run on astonishing xmen and of course firefly, i give up on caring, 10 eps should have been more than enough to establish... something. oh, i guess i'll finish this awful series, but i expect nothing good out of it.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Well Marvel doesn't want to spend superheroes on TV when they're able to make gigantic wads of cash making movies with them. But that doesn't excuse how weak the show is even as a cop/x-files genre.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
marvel must have as many superheroes/villains as DC, do they plan on making all of them into mega budget movies? cant they release a few for this tv show? or because its structured around a human team investigating generic stuff they would be unable to insert a true super hero/villain because they would need an equivalent to fight it and that takes away from the show?

honestly i would be happy with some introduction to some classic characters every week because the vanilla shit they are playing at now is not going to last. it would have been cancelled by now if this wasnt a disney/marvel property and the marvel movies were not as successful. DC has only superman and batman as profitable movie franchises so they can afford to be generous with their characters on TV. marvel needs to look into thier vaults and do the same if they wish for this show to continue. they also need to allow a real comic book fan run the show. not the brother of a famous comic book fan.

Szlia

It's a lot easier for Arrow to use DC characters, because they are pretty much all worthless IPs outside of Batman and Superman (who will not show up in Arrow). I am sure though that Marvel also has a bunch of worthless IPs to throw at Agents of SHIELD, but it's both easier and better to just create stuff for the show.

Sterling

El Presidente
It's a lot easier for Arrow to use DC characters, because they are pretty much all worthless IPs outside of Batman and Superman (who will not show up in Arrow). I am sure though that Marvel also has a bunch of worthless IPs to throw at Agents of SHIELD, but it's both easier and better to just create stuff for the show.
That's fine except that most of the stuff they're adding hasn't been done very well.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
you mean lazier and cheaper to create generic trash instead of creatively working known marvel characters into the storyline. and lets not forget that not so long ago marvel's IPs were just as worthless and they had a little selloff with their bigs like x men and spiderman.

Homsar

I'm not sure if you are trolling but what the fuck are you talking about. Marvel and dc have mirrors for almost all characters... green arrow/ hawk eye, flash / quicksilver... Im a marvel fan but I even know a shit ton of marvel characters were ripped off from DC

Szlia

I did not mean 'worthless' in the sense of 'uninteresting', I meant it as 'unrecognizable by someone who is not a comic fan'. In recent years, Marvel did a much better job than DC at bringing a number of its characters to the mainstream, dramatically increasing the value of these intellectual properties. I mean, my 8 years old nephew grilled me about the latest Wolverine movie the other day and he knew a whole lot about the character (way more than I would myself even 10 years ago). I am 100% sure he does not know who Flash is, or Green Arrow or the Martian Manhunter (pretty sure he knows Batman and Superman though).

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think a lot of you seem to forget that these days, Disney has a big say on what's going on with most Marvel characters. It's quite possible they are putting all their eggs into movies and now into this Netflix deal. Budget also has a lot to do with it and they may not want to throw a ton of money into a show that they know is only going to average in the mid 2's at it's best (lets face it, Arrow may be good but nobody is watching it).

The fact of the matter is historically, these types of shows never do well on network TV. There are not enough comic fans that are going to tune in every single week to watch this type of show unless you have A list heroes showing up all the time and budget wise that's never going to happen, at least not on network tv. But, throw all that money into a tight, 2.5 hour movie where there is something constantly going on and you have Avengers.

Goatface

think Arrow is doing well for the network it is on. ABC spent a lot of their networks ad time on pimping the show and all the buzz was for it to at least should be pulling in numbers like Heroes in the early seasons.

i would think a sub 10 year old would be getting nearly all their superhero stuff from cartoons, if not someone should show them Young Justice, JLU, Avenger E.M.H., Batman TAS etc.

Homsar

I did not mean 'worthless' in the sense of 'uninteresting', I meant it as 'unrecognizable by someone who is not a comic fan'. In recent years, Marvel did a much better job than DC at bringing a number of its characters to the mainstream, dramatically increasing the value of these intellectual properties. I mean, my 8 years old nephew grilled me about the latest Wolverine movie the other day and he knew a whole lot about the character (way more than I would myself even 10 years ago). I am 100% sure he does not know who Flash is, or Green Arrow or the Martian Manhunter (pretty sure he knows Batman and Superman though).
That might also come down to your kid. There have been much more cartoons based on dc characters than marvel. Wolverine, iron man , hulk captain that young kids know but batman, superman, wonder woman, green lanter, flash are very well known.

Column_sl

shitlord
Arrow is just as bad as this show, not sure why people think its amazing.

OMFG they added every DC character, but the writing still sucks balls...