Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Spy shows work best when you have an equally equiped organization to go against. CIA vs. KGB would always be more interesting than CIA vs. (insert random backwater dictator here).

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The baddie of the week formula only works if you can make the baddies compelling(Justified one off episodes) OR the protagonists are entertaining on their own(Castle). The early episodes of SHIELD contained neither of these things.

Sterling

El Presidente
How many seemingly random week breaks are there going to be this season? Seemed like the season took 2 extra months due to all the breaks.

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
It will be the same breaks wise. It is like that for all major network shows. They spread 21-23 episodes out over 32-36 weeks.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
They will show episodes then take a winter break, then air the rest in 2015. AFAIK, they are still producing episodes even when ones start to air.

Arative

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
During the winter break ABC is airing agent Carter. I believe they have said they are trying for less breaks this year

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
How many seemingly random week breaks are there going to be this season? Seemed like the season took 2 extra months due to all the breaks.
Err, do you not watch network TV? It was a standard season.

That said, at this point they plan on airing that Agent Carter show in the middle (maybe Jan-March?) with few repeats.

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
I think a lot of us have gotten used to cable and premium channels schedules. 10-15 episodes in a row then a 6-8 month break. Where as network tv's break is only 3-4 months with the in season breaks as I said above.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the way they had the breaks on shield were pretty fucking retarded. one episode then a month break then one episode then another month break. typical shows air half their shit in the fall then go on break for a month or two then come back with week after week episodes with maybe one more 2 week break then the last 4 or 5 episodes to end the season.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Got curious and went to look it up. They had this stretch at one point.

09 November 26, 2013
10 December 10, 2013
11 January 7, 2014
12 January 14, 2014
13 February 4, 2014
14 March 4, 2014
15 March 11, 2014
16 April 1, 2014

That's 8 episodes stretched over 5+ months. The way those Fall shows usually break it is to just disappear from the start of December til some time in January. They don't dole out episodes in dribs and drabs like that.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Yea, that distribution is really frustrating, and part of why I didn't try to follow the show regularly as my interest in the content waned. They need to tie in with the movies more fluidly. Perhaps the films were delayed, and so the show's episodes were delayed to match? I don't know how that works, but I didn't appreciate the end result.

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
Well Guardians of the Galaxy is August 1st, so start of season if any tie in will be there or like they did with Sif just randomly during the season.

Avengers 2 is May 1st. So there may be a bunch of breaks again like they did leading up to Captain America depending on how much aftermath stuff they want this season from it. Or they may just have lead in stuff before it.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Well a main part of the plot of Avengers: Age of Ultron is that the Avengers are "tired" after dealing with a ton of world shattering events and there is no S.H.I.E.L.D. anymore to deal with things. So at the very least Coulson and company are going to have to suck at relaunching S.H.I.E.L.D. in any significant way. Additionally they will have to at least make some reference to what the Avengers are doing in the background leading up to Age of Ultron in order to maintain some semblance of shared universe continuity.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The show improved towards the end. Adding Lucy Lawless to the lineup should be interesting. I am hoping she plays somebody against the team.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. pane from Comic Con.l

Also, behind the spoiler wall is the panel for another new Marvel series, Agent Carter.