Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
halfway decent episode, but holy shit, that skye is annoying as fuck. and hopefully we wrap up this real shield shit by the end of the season and never have to see it again.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
halfway decent episode, but holy shit, that skye is annoying as fuck. and hopefully we wrap up this real shield shit by the end of the season and never have to see it again.
honestly i FF all the skye parts, which is bad b/c i'm not getting much of the story, but i can't stand her "acting", b/c holy christ it's bad. Pretty much i gathered, she's emo, she likes mom, hates the new rules and wants to put dad in prison.

rasstapp_sl

shitlord
nope, that's not what happened this week, your loss
wink.png

Column_sl

shitlord
Interesting article today about the SHIELD show. Whedon sarcastcally says that Coulson is still dead, and the whole show is just a fever dream, but what he meant is that people who watch the Movies will always consider Coulson dead even though we know some of the Avengers know he still exists. I mean, I guess Lady Sif could have never told Thor that he met up with him.

So that means that Coulson will never appear in another Marvel movie I guess, it's just very confusing.

WHY THE MARVEL MOVIE GUYS ARE ANNOYED WITH JOSS WHEDON

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I don't agree with Coulson being kept out of the movies forever, but he did specifically ask Lady Sif not to tell Thor in the episode she discovered he was alive. He said he wanted to do it in person or something similar, if I remember correctly.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I don't agree with Coulson being kept out of the movies forever, but he did specifically ask Lady Sif not to tell Thor in the episode she discovered he was alive. He said he wanted to do it in person or something similar, if I remember correctly.
end of eps 12 (when sif came down to track that kree agent and she lost her memory)

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Actually, wasn't it in her first appearance when she came to apprehend Lorelai? Though, I really have no idea how the Avengers could still be ignorant of Coulson's resurrection. It's not like the guy has been keeping a low-profile.

Regardless, Coulson's primary role in the movies was fulfilled by the first Avengers movie (which is why he was expendable). His job was to assemble the Avengers, which has obviously been completed. Since Nick Fury kept SHIELD compartmentalized, it makes sense that he'd move onto things that are now outside of the scope of what the Avengers have to focus on. If Coulson's interest in superpowered individuals has something to do with finding new Avengers, I could see them working him back into the movies, but it seems like he's going to be tied more to the Inhumans.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Actually, wasn't it in her first appearance when she came to apprehend Lorelai? Though, I really have no idea how the Avengers could still be ignorant of Coulson's resurrection. It's not like the guy has been keeping a low-profile.
Widow should most certainly know. Iron Man proves to be well-informed, but I'm not sure he'd be well-informed of that variety. It's perfectly plausible for banner, cap and thor to have no clue.

Hawkeye works(worked) for shield but I imagine he's more muscle than espionage, so it's a toss-up if he has a clue. Depending on what he's been up to lately, it could be perfectly reasonable for him not to know.

Black Widow is the only one who definitely should know.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Cap should know as well. in fact he should have been all over the rebuilding of shield. whats he been doing all this time? at home washing his tights?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I'm pretty sure way back Coulson being alive was a level7 secret, both BW and HE are level7, so they would have the clearance for it, but would they have to know?

BW is not included in everything, she is still compartmentalized in MCU, probably the only one who knows as much as fury is maria hill, she being the only lvl9 and knew fury wasn't dead when BW did not know in cap2.

Much like how May, is still compartmentalized in old and coulson shield. Coulson doesn't have a maria hill atm, of course we'd say May is the closest, but Hill knew way more.

I doubt Stark would have any knowledge of secret spy stuff, but somehow Skye is a super hacker, so i'm sure Tony has done some snooping around, especially when SHIELD fell, he probably tried to download as much as possible, cuz that's what Tony does.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
you need a level 7 clearance to know who the new director is? in winter soldier, wasnt BW considered a shield rep? wouldnt that dorky military guy mention to her that he is trying to arrest coulson?

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Having seen winter soldier and not ultron, the last we saw of Cap and BW was them going off to hunt Hydra and not trusting SHIELD. Yes BW did testify for congress but she should be with Cap. Hopefully Ultron with bridge that gap.

Edit: I'm a dumbass. I keeping thinking Coulson died in Winter Soldier instead of Avengers. Yeah I would think BW should know. But maybe she's keeping secrets... She does that you know... Secrets... s e c r e t s....

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
you need a level 7 clearance to know who the new director is? in winter soldier, wasnt BW considered a shield rep? wouldnt that dorky military guy mention to her that he is trying to arrest coulson?
Did you just call Adama a dorky military guy?

To be clear I don't think anyone whowasin Shield is necessarily being told anything about anything because unless they were specifically recruited they may not know Shield still exists. Cap is almost certainly no longer aware of Shield's existence, Black Widow should be by nature of her profession/skillset.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Did you just call Adama a dorky military guy?

To be clear I don't think anyone whowasin Shield is necessarily being told anything about anything because unless they were specifically recruited they may not know Shield still exists. Cap is almost certainly no longer aware of Shield's existence, Black Widow should be by nature of her profession/skillset.
the dorky military guy who didnt even recognize his own wife. i dunno his name. its not the dude from stand and deliver.

Cybsled

Whedon is done with Marvel movies for now anyways. They could easily squeeze Coulson back into a film if they wanted to.