Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Neph_sl

shitlord
Great episode. First time they dropped the name Kree?

Also, Patton Oswalt / Koenig is the best.

B35dfi3CMAAyho1.jpg

Cybsled

I think Kree was mentioned once before on the show, but this is the first time they specifically called the aliens responsible for the city the Kree. It does 100000% confirm this is Inhumanoids we're dealing with now, if it wasn't obvious before.

Given Mack's 'Hulk smash' state, I doubt he's dead ;p

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Yeah that clinched it. Especially with Rayna's "oh were human" speech.

Wonder what is Bobbi's 'other thing' she and Mack were talking about.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I'm thinking she and Mack are running black ops for Nick Fury, she was part of the secret avengers, but then that episode when coulson wigged out Mack really seemed to think he was the only director left alive.

So the song playing during the dream was "A Bicycle Built for Two," written for a Daisy Belle. Which seems to be more evidence for the theory that Skye is Daisy Johnson, which would make her father Mister Hyde.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Quake would be a powerset easy for TV. Just shake the camera / people and apply rudimentary CGI and bam.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
So the song playing during the dream was "A Bicycle Built for Two," written for a Daisy Belle. Which seems to be more evidence for the theory that Skye is Daisy Johnson, which would make her father Mister Hyde.
The daisy theme was used to draw similarities between Skye and Raina. Everything has been leading up to the introduction of Inhumans and Daisy Johnson and her father aren't associated with that storyline.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i really hope they arent going to tease this shit out all season. Arrow would have had the kree city popped out by episode 4 or 5

Cybsled

Ok so my theory. I do think Skye is Daisy (aka Quake). Reasons:

- Skye's father seems to match up with Hyde in the comics. However, instead of a serum/etc, my new theory is that the same alien effect that turned Mack into a super powered rage machine is the same effect that has caused Skye's dad to display similar tendencies. My guess is he found a way to (mostly) control it so he isn't in rage mode 24/7 and they will use this to save Mack (I doubt he is dead).

- Skye's dream: If we had to go with TV dream interpretation, I'm guessing that Mae/Coulson leaving the baby represented Skye's feelings of "abandonment" by her parents. The music box was a sealed black box, which usually means secrets. Skye didn't want to open it because she fears what she is. Music box opens and plays the Daisy song, which she probably recalls distantly because it was played to her as an infant. Shows like to make blatant statements, so the choice of song can't be coincidental and is probably an Easter egg for sharp eared fans.

- Raina's reveal. She confirms Skye's dad raised her and she was essentially a surrogate daughter that could never replace the real thing, which suggests Raina -wanted- to be the daughter, but was ultimately rejected. The choice in flower dresses makes sense...either Skye's father suggested she wear it or Raina learned about what they used to dress Skye in (flower dresses?) or maybe knew her name was Daisy so the flower dresses were a way of honoring the lost daughter as a way to gain acceptance.

Szlia

The plot thickens:

rrr_img_83966.jpg

Oups! It's from The Samaritan!

Anyway, not a very exciting episode, but the choreography of the Skye vs fake-May fight was interesting (with all the 'you lock my hand but I drop the gun to my free hand' moves) even if not that well filmed. On a United Colors of Benetton side note, I find it pretty cool that you can have a sino-american actress (Chloe Bennet) and an ethiopiano-irish actress (Ruth Negga) and wonder if their characters are somehow related.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
On a United Colors of Benetton side note, I find it pretty cool that you can have a sino-american actress (Chloe Bennet) and an ethiopiano-irish actress (Ruth Negga) and wonder if their characters are somehow related.
In the comics, inhuman dna is spread everywhere. when the terrigen bomb was detonated it activated the dorman inhuman genes in anyone that was a related/relative to the inhumans.

and the coulson/may giving up sky thing, I think that's what happened, only that now sky is remembering, yup... if you infer what raina said, it seems that she remembers everything from the day she was born, so sky should too. which is why raina found it odd that she didn't remember being delivered by her father.

Actually speaking of benetton, has there been a show that has as much racial diversity than AOS?

hell I'll even include the brits as a separate race, cuz you know, all they got is harry potter anyway.