Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
We gotta find a new guy, Charlie is wearing on me. He has some useful stuff, and I do occasionally learn some things or see something I missed, and I'm assuming he has more insider knowledge than the average person...but some of the things he says just make me say wtf...like he does a THOUSAND FUCKING TIMES AN EPISODE!!!

I mean, I don't begrudge the guy trying to make a living or extra income or whatever, and I'd probably rate him at like 60-70% of what I want in this kind of review, but that last 30-40% sometimes makes me stop watching him for a week or two at a time, which is kind of counter-productive if you exist purely for views. Unfortunately I haven't found anyone that I'd consider better, although there are plenty of bimbos that are pretty to look at doing the same thing. He's truly a nerd, that's for sure, but sometimes he's just too, I don't know, doofy. Like the way he tried to explain how Patton Oswalt having funny lines at certain times contrasted with the drama, gah, I felt uncomfortable just listening to it. I realize there are tons of stupid people that watch these shows and need things explained in third grade concepts (I work with a few), but almost none of those people watch his videos I'd imagine. Maybe I'm wrong, but he's still making me want to watch him less and less lately.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

supertouch_sl

shitlord
Skye as Daisy Johnson makes no fucking sense. They're considerably different characters and Daisy Johnson is not affiliated with the Inhumans. Why couldn't Skye have been a completely unique character?

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
The Inhumans are the MCU category for mutants. They aren't going to wait to get their properties back to move ahead.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I'm guessing raina will have a bit more animalistic features, they like to do that with inhumans. (usually associated with undergoing terrigenosis badly) AOS is action packed,they aren't stopping, goodbye Tripp, we knew one of you black guys had to die, it's the unwritten law of television, there can only be one, and Mack was more fleshed out.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I'm guessing raina will have a bit more animalistic features, they like to do that with inhumans. (usually associated with undergoing terrigenosis badly) AOS is action packed,they aren't stopping, goodbye Tripp, we knew one of you black guys had to die, it's the unwritten law of television, there can only be one, and Mack was more fleshed out.
thats actually not true, triplett is from last season and mack is one of the new guys from this season. triplett has a backstory working with garret. mack is just the new guy, we dont know much about him.
anyway, kinda tame episode, but pretty good for a shield episode. kyle mclachlan stole the episode. that dude does crazy really well.

Jarnin_sl

shitlord
Is it me, or did Raina have spines when her cocoon started coming off? It looked like she had porcupine spines coming out of her cheek and forehead.

Good episode. Was expecting more, what with all the "This episode will blow your mind!!!111" critic reviews that were popping up everywhere. Didn't blow my mind. Wanted to see Sky's powers, and Raina's. Had they moved things along, Sky (Daisy) and Raina could have had a brief throw down prior to the end of the episode, just to whet our appetites. Now we get to wait, what? Ten weeks before we know what their gifts are? Shit, actually you know the second half of this season will be Sky trying to figure out what she can do... Lame!

Caliane

Is it me, or did Raina have spines when her cocoon started coming off? It looked like she had porcupine spines coming out of her cheek and forehead.

Good episode. Was expecting more, what with all the "This episode will blow your mind!!!111" critic reviews that were popping up everywhere. Didn't blow my mind. Wanted to see Sky's powers, and Raina's. Had they moved things along, Sky (Daisy) and Raina could have had a brief throw down prior to the end of the episode, just to whet our appetites. Now we get to wait, what? Ten weeks before we know what their gifts are? Shit, actually you know the second half of this season will be Sky trying to figure out what she can do... Lame!
yeah.
raina had claws, spines, and animal eyes. I thought it was fairly birdlike. Owl maybe. And, yes Skye had quake powers.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
I thought it was strange they killed off Tripp, after having gone to the trouble to tie him to his grandfather in agent Carter. Figured they would have iced Mack instead

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
thats actually not true, triplett is from last season and mack is one of the new guys from this season. triplett has a backstory working with garret. mack is just the new guy, we dont know much about him.
anyway, kinda tame episode, but pretty good for a shield episode. kyle mclachlan stole the episode. that dude does crazy really well.
Yea you don't know much about triplett either besides being replacement Ward, having a grandfather in the HC and using ancient tech cause it's cool for the episode, and simmons has had a thing for him for many episodes.

while this season Mack who should be bench pressing bad guys instead of playing words with friends w/ fitz has found his niche, he's the groups conscience.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yea you don't know much about triplett either besides being replacement Ward, having a grandfather in the HC and using ancient tech cause it's cool for the episode, and simmons has had a thing for him for many episodes.

while this season Mack who should be bench pressing bad guys instead of playing words with friends w/ fitz has found his niche, he's the groups conscience.
i was referring to this quote from you.
there can only be one, and Mack was more fleshed out.
triplett was more fleshed out and yes he even has a link to the HC. he wasnt just replacement ward, mack was the muscle over triplett. If we are following the "black guy must die" trope then Mack should have been on the chopping block, specially since he and Fitz had a bromance going on.

Cybsled

It seems like Trip would have been fine had he not shattered the crystal, since the shrapnel is what turned him to stone.

And ya, Raina = Naja is a good theory. She looked reptilian and she was missing in action after the transform (although I thought I saw a brief shot of her watching from the shadows after Skye starts to bust out of her stone cocoon).