Marvel's Avengers

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
lol nobody even gave enough of a shit to post the announcement that they are ending support for the game on September 30th and delisting it from every digital marketplace. Kind of astonishing how badly they blundered this, they really thought they could get away with a monetization plan so aggressive it would make your average free to play game blush while still charging full box price. Well the final update back in march shut the store down and gave out everything in it for free. kind of fucking absurd how much time they spent cranking out costumes, every character must have 50-60+ even if most of them are fairly minor variations. As much of a trainwreck as Marvel Heroes turned out to be in the end, they had a much better plan than this.

That being said they're not shutting down the servers and whatever weekly events or whatever will be left on an automatic rotation. They seem to have tidied up gameplay a fair bit compared to release and right now it's 6 bucks on the XBox/Microsoft store if you want to keep in perpetuity. Dunno if the Steam version will go on sale again before the delisting date.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Galaxy Brain
Reactions: 2 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
lol nobody even gave enough of a shit to post the announcement that they are ending support for the game on September 30th and delisting it from every digital marketplace. Kind of astonishing how badly they blundered this, they really thought they could get away with a monetization plan so aggressive it would make your average free to play game blush while still charging full box price. Well the final update back in march shut the store down and gave out everything in it for free. kind of fucking absurd how much time they spent cranking out costumes, every character must have 50-60+ even if most of them are fairly minor variations. As much of a trainwreck as Marvel Heroes turned out to be in the end, they had a much better plan than this.

That being said they're not shutting down the servers and whatever weekly events or whatever will be left on an automatic rotation. They seem to have tidied up gameplay a fair bit compared to release and right now it's 6 bucks on the XBox/Microsoft store if you want to keep in perpetuity. Dunno if the Steam version will go on sale again before the delisting date.
Marvel Heroes was fucking awesome. I had so much fun playing that game. How many companies have been given a license to print money and can't get out of their own way long enough to make serious bank. Trion was destroyed by (edit)Marvel pulling the license, at lease folks can keep playing this forever and not lose whatever they have spent on it already.

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This game was enjoyable. I bought it for 10 bucks or whatever it was on sale for last winter and I got at least 10 bucks of enjoyment out of it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
This game was enjoyable. I bought it for 10 bucks or whatever it was on sale for last winter and I got at least 10 bucks of enjoyment out of it.
I was enjoying it until I finished the main campaign and cannot start the first DLC. No real clear answer from searching either but I think there's a side quest chain I have to finish before Avengers Reassemble is considered done all the way.