Marvel's Avengers

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
So can someone compare this to another game? Is it like Destiny 2 with Avenger characters?

Hard to say because most of us have experienced much of the end game yet.

It‘s similar to Destiny in the sense that Destiny is a looter/shooter while this is a looter/brawler. It’s different though in that this has no open zones where you can see other players. When you start a mission you can join other random players or group with friends. So it’s not a mmo, it’s just a multiplayer game. The end objectives are similar, kill shit for loot. :)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Watch a Twitch stream of someone doing endgame stuff for a few minutes and it should be pretty obvious what the game is like.

This is worse than a LMGTFY response.

• 2Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 2 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Well, it's a pretty goddamn silly question too.

Here:

• 1Like

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Yeah the various gear and ability synergy builds are starting to gel for me. Like Cap can go super offensive with brawling or go ranged combat with shield tossing and Steamroller OR you can use Commanders Call and go super tanky by specializing in resilience and such.

Make sure to hover over the various stats to get a breakdown of what stat corresponds to what calculated stat and gear yourself accordingly. It's interesting in that each of the calculated stats is actually made up of three primary stats so it's not just stack +Gooder when trying to figure out what items to use.

I find that using gear that gives a heroic or willpower burst on takedown to be very handy as I mostly run around with Cap being all tanky and performing takedowns on stunned guys.

Also -- I did not expect Cap to be my favorite character, but for whatever reason his gameplay style seems very natural to me. The fluidity of the movements and the nature of the combos works for me in this game in a way it never did in a Mortal Kombat sort of combo system

• 1Like

Argarth

On the verandah
Fri, September 4
[04-09-2020] Patch Notes for V1.0 Build 12.9

We have just released our first patch for Marvel’s Avengers, build 12.9. This patch is primarily focused on stability, based on the data we have collected after Early Access started a few days ago.

The patch will be applied by Steam automatically when you next start the game. If your game does not update, please restart the Steam client.

List of fixes for this patch:
  • Implemented work-around for NVIDIA 10-series driver problem that was causing crashes when using ALT-TAB, ALT-ENTER, and other situations.
  • Enabling Steam Cloud to allow you to easily synchronize your save-games between multiple PCs.
  • Fixed a problem that caused some players to be unable to throw rocks as Hulk or to shoot as Iron Man.
  • Fix for a DEVICE_HUNG crash some users experienced in the sewers.
  • Various other stability improvements.

We are aware of a number of other issues that are causing problems for some of our players, and teams are hard at work addressing those, but for now we want to make sure we get these stability improvements that have already been identified to all of you. Please keep your feedback coming, and we will be releasing further patches as fixes are found.

===

Nice. Hopefully fixes the problems I was having with Reshade and RTSS.

EDIT: Yep, both Reshade and RTSS working properly now and no more NV Driver crashes when alt-tabbing. (never did like the W10 game bar much anyway)

Last edited:

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Watch a Twitch stream of someone doing endgame stuff for a few minutes and it should be pretty obvious what the game is like.

That was my problem. I had no idea what I was looking at. Was it the campaign or the endgame.

• 1Solidarity

spronk

FPS noob
for anyone else who got in on the verizon thing, you should have gotten email codes late last night. I redeemed mine (PS4) today morning and installed the game, 57 gig download. Playing now, thanks Verizon for a free game!

i also bought Tony Hawk 1+2 last night so this is gonna be busy

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
There was a graphics glitch involving hair on the Xbox that is now fixed as of this mornings patch. No idea what else there was but I assume it's similar graphics and stability stuff

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
JFC this menu graphic glitching effect is cancer to the eyes. Why do they put in this shit for menus, I just want to look at a nice clean menu when selecting shit, glitching can be saved for game play effects. Division 2 had this same shit until enough people complained for them to make it optional. Holy fuck. Also getting the feeling of slight motion sickness I guess, even with motion blur off, not sure what else to adjust for that.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So can someone compare this to another game? Is it like Destiny 2 with Avenger characters?
Kinda? Its a loot chase. Once you finish the Story campaign, you open up the Operations which is a series of mission chains with a bit of story attached to them. These will be continually released as time goes on. Not sure what the gameplay loop will be once you're at lvl50 with 150, but I imagine it will be chasing gear that synergizes with how you want to play. The additional skill tree's (Specializations / Mastery) really add a lot to build diversity, and you can look for gear that enhances that.

Other than a loot chase, the current "endgame" seems a bit anemic in that you only have Factions to work, with gear that seems to be all over the place in quality, like you can get a pwr130 item at rank 5, while seeing a pwr50 item at rank 30. Doesn't make much sense. There are only 2+1 villains to fight (Taskmaster / Abomination / Random Robot). So... they must add more and more such content.

I'm current lvl50 / 136 and I haven't finished the Operation mission, so can't comment if there even more to do after that. The game itself suffers a lot from the lack of polish, great foundation of a game, but really really poor polish. I would wait til ps5 patch unless you have an urge for a super hero game, it will be fun but frustrating.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
JFC this menu graphic glitching effect is cancer to the eyes. Why do they put in this shit for menus, I just want to look at a nice clean menu when selecting shit, glitching can be saved for game play effects. Division 2 had this same shit until enough people complained for them to make it optional. Holy fuck. Also getting the feeling of slight motion sickness I guess, even with motion blur off, not sure what else to adjust for that.

I can't stand it either, it looks like something a high school kid would put in a powerpoint presentation to "jazz it up".

• 1Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
They really need to fix the random difficulty added to missions. Just get rid of it and let us pick the difficulty that we want to play at for the missions.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They really need to fix the random difficulty added to missions. Just get rid of it and let us pick the difficulty that we want to play at for the missions.
You should be able to do that. On console, when hovering over the mission, you can hit square and adjust its challenge rating.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
You should be able to do that. On console, when hovering over the mission, you can hit square and adjust its challenge rating.
I mean get rid of the random challenge rating assigned to a mission and just let use a slider to pick the rating. Right now it's -5 for challenge 1 then +0 then +5 then +10 added on top of whatever challenge rating the mission was randomly assigned. It's kinda dumb.

Also I see no benefit to higher challenge ratings. I get the same xp and loot no matter the challenge rating.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Sigh, tried to do the quick way to multiplayer to play with a friend, get sent to do harm room mission to unlock it.... get into 3rd wave and crashed out, now when I get back in it spawns me in the room and I fall through it and the ship down into nothing forever, restart and reset from checkpoint repeats this, because the checkpoint is inside the mission room not outside it. Screwed until patch or finish the campaign I guess.

• 1Worf

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm stuck on Hulk's Iconic Mission chain, it is so stupid. My Hulk is like lvl9, with 23 pwer. Yet the lowest the 2nd mission goes is +12 higher. Something is just very very wrong with how missions scale when run by your non main character. Its impossible to enough dmg to Abomination to kill him and survive with him being that much higher lvl'd.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i haven't gotten that far in the hulk chain, but double check when you start the mission that you might actually be able to play as someone else as long as hulk comes along. some of those missions default to you having a certain character as your main, but they allow you to switch that around.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
i haven't gotten that far in the hulk chain, but double check when you start the mission that you might actually be able to play as someone else as long as hulk comes along. some of those missions default to you having a certain character as your main, but they allow you to switch that around.
Its the Iconic mission chain, you must play at the character its designed for.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Certain missions sure. But I'm looking at the first iconic mission for hulk and I can choose to not play as hulk

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Certain missions sure. But I'm looking at the first iconic mission for hulk and I can choose to not play as hulk
I've not seen an Iconic mission allow you to play as any other character once you actually launch it.