Marvel's Avengers

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
the battlepasses don't recycle. the only time a new battle pass (challenge card) comes out is when a new character comes out. so the battle pass we see for black widow, hulk, etc, those will stick around forever.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
You can get 64 points a week for each character in the battle passes. Each battle pass is 200 points to complete so 22 days to get all the characters battle passes if you do the dailies and weeklies for each character every day. You can get both dailies done usually in 1 mission. Weeklies you'll get just by playing normally.

j00t

So how is this game?

there are some bugs, and some QOL things need to be addressed, especially with the UI, but it's enjoyable if you're into the avengers.

edit: as far as bugs go, the challenge points not being counted sometimes needs to be addressed ASAP. people are already super edgy about the whole thing and if completing it the "legit" way is bugged, people will freak out. also, on one mission the boss encounter (6 or so elite enemies) just bugged out completely. i was playing as the hulk and he literally kept smashing them through the floors and walls. they never "died" and so i couldn't complete the mission. i restarted from the checkpoint (right before the boss room) and 20 seconds into the fight the game just crashed to desktop. i also had a HARM challenge where the enemy AI had no behavior. i couldn't progress because right out of the gate the objective was to perfect dodge 3 attacks, but the AI was literally just standing there doing nothing. that was an easy fix, just had to restart it... but still... was like... this game is trying to cheat so i can't beat it.

Last edited:

Brikker

Trump's Staff
everything I've read comes off as "wait for sale" or being included in some Game pass type deal

j00t

everything I've read comes off as "wait for sale" or being included in some Game pass type deal

i don't think i'd put in in that category. i wouldn't argue against it being a "wait for a couple patches" but you have to remember that people are only concerned with hyperbole nowadays. you have to make your voice heard by either overhyping or downright nuking whatever it is you're talking about.

bottom line is, like i said earlier, if you like brawlers, if you like avengers, it's a pretty safe bet you'll like this. bonus points if you have friends to play with

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
The weekly challenge did not reset. Shows the same as before and complete despite the clock resetting to 7 days (well 6d 18h right now)

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think the worst bugs I've experienced, more than once, has been a puzzle trigger not appearing (like only 3 out of 4 triggers appear), or not working at all (a pressure plate that doesn't stick).

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Damn there’s a lot to unlock. Just finished the Vault chain and that opened up the Hive chain.

Slowly making progress 34 now with 82 gear score on Kamala.

The game seems to be pretty generous with loot getting lot of legendaries. I just saw on YouTube that there are exotics too, not sure what level/rank they start dropping at.

If they fix a few issues, and do a good job with providing new content. Heroes, villains, objectives etc. This could become an excellent game.

I like the fact that there are different length of missions between a drop zone that takes 10 minutes and a hive that take 30 plus. Another thing I do like is that the optional objectives on a map are actually with doing, the chest and mini bosses can drop good loot. Making fully exploring a map vs going straight for the objective both viable way to play.

The more I play the more I like it. Getting more skills open up the gameplay and kinda change how you can play the character.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They say Exotics are in the loot tables for rank IV Challenge. Only exotics I've gotten are from rewards.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Dear Diary,
Day two, I'm in the training simulator with Thor, the mighty god of thunder. Part two of his training requires the use of the odinforce to parry attacks, only the game won't allow me to use Q and TAB or ESC menu won't work. I alt f4, and set an alternate button for parry.... it still doesn't work. Thor the mighty god of thunder, defeated by Jarvis. :oops: :D

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
There's some serious bugs now with outfits. I used the Fabrication Machine to decry..err decipher some patterns and instead of adding those new outfits it actually deleted ones I already had...

• 1Worf

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Finished the "Reigning Supreme" mission chain, and it kinda made it clear that they just released this due to a deadline rather than releasing it when everything was finished. The description of the mission that Jarvis gives made it seem like it was going to be a pretty unique mission where you would be actually solo, and if you died, another of your characters would step... until you finished the mission or all your characters died. Yet, nope, it was:

A normal, but very long Hive mission, 14 floors instead of the typical 5 or 6. No unique mobs, no villains, no new rooms. Just 14 floors of stuff we've already seen, with the usual rules.

If it had been a gauntlet type mission, I would have been here bitching, but it would have been different. The exotic artifact you get from it had some interesting perks, all triggered with l3 / r3, so apparently all the perks could be fired off at once.

• 1Worf

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There's some serious bugs now with outfits. I used the Fabrication Machine to decry..err decipher some patterns and instead of adding those new outfits it actually deleted ones I already had...
Oh? I had several patterns just not give an outfit at all, hadn't thought that it deleted acquired outfits.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
List of fixes for this patch:
  • Fixes the issue where some outfits were being relocked. We are still investigating how to return outfits that don't come from the Marketplace or through Challenge Cards to affected players.
  • Fixed a problem which caused some players to fall out of world when starting Avengers Initiative.
  • Fixes for certain DEVICE_HUNG crashes that some uses are experiencing.

j00t

hehe... i really like this game. i'm having a blast playing it. but i've also seen so many typos and misinformation that it's sort of blowing my mind. on Thor i got a legendary belt called "Belt of TheThunderer" (no space). also in thor's harm mission, when it describes what warrior's fury is (or whatever it's called) it says that when you use it, your allies will gain a brief period of "invisibility" but on the skills page, it correctly states that it will give your allies a brief period of "invincibility." there's also just some random misspelled words in some of the mission descriptions.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Haven't had a chance to jump into this between Wasteland 3 and Tony Hawk (will probably wait until I can snag a 3080), but it appears the devs are working and listening to players so that's a good sign. Hopefully a lot of the big bugs are squashed by the time I get into this.

j00t

yeah, i'll definitely give kudos to the dev team. they made plenty of QOL changes even from week to week during the beta

spronk

FPS noob
Its an interesting game, but its not a good game. I thoroughly enjoy some of the comic-focused story moments and beats, but then you spend so much time playing boring ass levels against generic boring enemies and so much polish is missing.

Its a real shame, if this was done by a first party or something like Rockstar you can totally see how another 9-12 months and a ton of polish and some minor reworking would make this a stellar game, but instead we get a bunch of shit you can tell they tried hard on but just didn't have the time or resources to finish properly. It doesn't help that all the cosmetic stuff and gear feels super convoluted, janky, and poorly implemented.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Interesting bug, friend crashed out of game during a mission, it replaced him with ai and added an extra companion to the team, so I had black widow, hulk, thor and two caps. :D

Another bug, one of the cryo adaptoids grabbed my face and then slammed me, instantly killing me but then I instantly ressed which I thought because one the team mates were right next to me, but they still gave me the death message waiting to res, but I was up already and killing stuff, countdown went through and nothing happened. Then I realize I couldn't sprint, and my willpower was showing at 5%, got into another big fight and wasn't taking damage! after the fight it all reset back to normal.

Not sure if this or division had more bugs lol.

Last edited: