Marvel's Avengers

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Anything "starring" Kamala Khan is almost-instant DQ in my book. It's got to go a long way and be utterly amaze-balls for me get it at this point.

Edit: It depends on how long you are locked into each character. After watching the war table vid, I have gone from KOS to Dubious.

Edit2: This could be Destiny or this could be Anthem. Everything being a story mission sounds pretty limiting, unless I am just missing something or they have plans beyond what you see here. People would seemingly going to chew through the content pretty quickly.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So we'll play has Khan to progress the overall Story, while being able to play as specific Avengers during missions? I would have preferred a "main" character to be something an Inhuman we could create ourselves. Oh well.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
they said that certain missions are heroic missions or whatever they called them, that are focused on a single hero. i'm GUESSING that the game starts out with kamala khan's "heroic' missions. maybe the game starts with first mission being a tutorial of sorts where you play through "A-Day" or whatever it's called and then the avengers are disbanded. then after some time passes you play as kamala getting her powers and getting the avengers back together. certain missions pigeon hole you into playing certain characters but the other ones you can play as any of the characters you've unlocked. they put a lot of focus on thor, for example, getting all these skills and playing differently from person to person. it would be silly to say that if you only get to play him for a handful of missions.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
The only thing that could save this game, IMO, is the different skill trees. A lot of the super-hero dialogue looks bland, uninspired, and like generic comic-book style hero #122.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The only thing that could save this game, IMO, is the different skill trees. A lot of the super-hero dialogue looks bland, uninspired, and like generic comic-book style hero #122.

as far as the dialogue goes... it's pretty clear they are trying to hide some heavy story beats... it COULD be just that they are purposely showing generic dialogue to not tip into spoiler territory.

or it could all just be poor writing.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Did you people actually think they were going to release a game with an all white roster in 2020?

D I V E R S I T Y I S O U R S T R E N G T H

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah as much as I miss it, I think I quit almost a full year before they abruptly pulled the plug.

• 1Solidarity

spronk

FPS noob
i have marvel ultimate alliance on my switch and played a bit but that game is just so boring and bland, this looks like a higher production quality (yet still somehow shitty looking?) basic ass version of an action RPG.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
So we'll play has Khan to progress the overall Story, while being able to play as specific Avengers during missions? I would have preferred a "main" character to be something an Inhuman we could create ourselves. Oh well.
From the sound of it, Ms. Marvel is the "main character" in the sense that the game is serving as her origin story, while the rest of the cast are already established superheroes, but not in the sense that you'll be playing mostly as her. In terms of single player missions. I imagine things might get slightly weighted towards her, but it'll largely be a fairly even mix of which character you play in which level. So the beginning of the game might look something like A-day>Ms Marvel>Hulk>Iron Man> Ms Marvel>Widow> etc. And in the multiplayer missions you just play as whoever you want.

• 1Solidarity

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>

Definitely looks better than it was looking in previous previews... we'll see. Will be interested in beta impressions the next few weeks - something about all the heroes just looks off to me

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
They are adding heroes it seems... They just announced Hawkeye as a post-launch hero.

1596049353808.png

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
The game seems more interesting to me when I read about it than when I see it in action, which considering the subject matter isn't really a good thing.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Definitely looks better than it was looking in previous previews... we'll see. Will be interested in beta impressions the next few weeks - something about all the heroes just looks off to me
That is a pretty beefy beta in terms of what they are allowing you to do.

• 1Like