Marvel's Avengers

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
We should not be surprised by this because it's absolutely in the playbook for Square Enix and Sony. Does not make it less sucky though

joz123

Potato del Grande
Doesn't Sony own the rights to Spider-Man? Why would anyone be surprised by this?

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I hope this is so successful that it fails so that they wise up and re-release as Marvel Universe that has every possible character you would want to play; avengers, x-men, ff4, etc.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
The Beta impressions coming from the gaming media are not encouraging. Most seem to be of the flavor of "I really wanted to like this but..."

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
One I read was saying "button press lag" which is exactly why I didn't want to play on a PS4.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Not going to preorder or anything, but shit like button lag is exactly the type of stuff that can be fixed during beta

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
You would think that but it's been a constant issue for PS4 games since the PS4 was released.

spronk

FPS noob
i got my beta code from amazon about 30 hours after preordering, it redeems as a 35 gig download on PS4 - beta is exclusive to PS4 this weekend afaik. You also get a "Marvel Legacy Outfit pack" and nameplate for release game.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You would think that but it's been a constant issue for PS4 games since the PS4 was released.
I've never heard of or experienced this in any PS4 game I've played.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob
beta is live on PS4, been playing about an hour. The characters look like Walmart Great Value Avenger chinese toys :(

Ee0zvw4UcAA4_G7.jpg

its not a terrible game so far (~1 hour), a lot better than I expected, but so far I've played basically the tutorial for 5 avengers and each one controls pretty differently and it feels super overwhelming in trying to remember how to do anything. Absolutely HATE the visuals, I'm not a 30/60 fps kinda guy but I'm finding it tough to keep track of stuff and everything just looks a bit blurry and messy.

I guess the story is Inhumans, i don't know anything about that so it basically feels like one of the X-Men movies

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Bouncing around a few streams, most have the same issue complaints. I didn't see that it made a big difference but there is a blur setting that defaults at 100%

spronk

FPS noob
yeah i usually turn motion blur, chromatic abberation, etc off on every game but there's no such option on PS4 build, just performance mode or 4k mode and HDR settings

i want to like the game but man something about Hulk being only able to climb walls that have white paint scratches (like in the uncharted games) and just sliding off other walls is fucking annoying as hell. He's goddamn Hulk, he can do whatever he wants. and stopping to pick up crafting resources just feels so wrong/dumb. They took your generic action RPG game and put an Avengers skin on top of it, and it doesn't really work well with some of the characters.

Also its the typical problem, playing as Hulk or Thor or Iron Man is AWESOME, but then you get shifted over to Black Widow or other second tier characters and you're like "wait... put me back... fuck this stupid character"

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hulk's model looks messed up. The right side of his torso, and right arm are bigger than his left. Not sure if that has something to do with gear or not, but it looks really stupid.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
His color is all weird, or at least on the streams I have watched

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
His color is all weird, or at least on the streams I have watched
Yea, he looks bruised. It might be the camera angle around Hulk that makes his right side look so much bigger. I think Ghost of Tsushima really spoiled my expectations of a game, lol.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
From what they've showed of some of the costumes, I think looking grimy is just part of Bearded Hulk's aesthetic, which is why the color looks off. He looks fine in the A Day level.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Played a few hours now, only real complaint are the graphics. Playing on a ps4 pro, in performance mode the game is mostly smooth but looks like trash, while in "4k" the game looks a bit better but frames tank pretty hard. If the game can run at a stable 60fps at 1080 on ps5, I'll be happy. I just wish they had the graphic fidelity that Ghost has, or even somewhat close.

Combat is pretty good, kinda spammy though. Been using Kamala mostly, and she is quite fun.. as is Iron Man. I like the Counter system they have with this, pretty funny seeing Kamala bend out of the way of attacks.